Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

TrashMammal posted:

then they complain about how you have to take the oil somewhere afterwards. not like the good ol days. then they’ll laugh and do this anyway:

i don't see a problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Earwicker posted:

yes but this same thing applies with computers

like, i'm in no sense a computer scientist or engineer, but when i was a teenager i knew enough stuff to install a new operating system or to upgrade a sound or graphics card, or how to hook up a modem, how to troubleshoot and solve various issues

but a modern teenager getting online through an iphone has no comparable way to learn how to open the thing up and mess around with it. nor do they have any need to do so since it already does what they want with little to no effort

School age kids, and to a lesser degree college age, have spent most of their life on phones, tablets or Chromebooks. The dangers of downloading executables from strange websites onto a PC are not something that have any context for, let alone how to format a hard drive and reinstall their OS.

Nov 6, 2002

I always hear people talk about how everyone should know how to change their own brakes, it's so easy and cheap! All you need is to watch a few Youtube videos, a lugnut wrench, socket set, clamps, torque wrench, ramps or a jack and jack stands and then you too can have the pleasure of crawling around under your car for two hours trying to figure out how to change the most important piece of safety equipment on your car to save yourself $200 every few years.

Nov 6, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

im a huge fan of the youtube repair videos where they skip over massive parts of the job

"woah these caliper bolts are really stuck on there good"

*video flash forwards*

"ok, now that we've got those pesky bolts off let's move on to the next step"