Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/24/entertainment/jon-stewart-daily-show/index.html

I'm glad I love him I want to marry him and if I could pick anyone in the universe to be President i'd pick him

I've seen lots of posts hating on him and I don't really get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Spinz posted:

I've seen lots of posts hating on him and I don't really get it

He quit just before the USA went down an eight year hellhole and sat on an HBO deal doing gently caress-all during the roughest part of the storm, that's one valid reason :shrug:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

holy poo poo thats loving awesome

no lie I’m extremely excited

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I remember the first time he took the helm of The Daily Show I didn't know who he was and I didn't think he was going to do as good a job as the previous host. Now I don't even remember who originally hosted the show. I also don't really watch anymore, but I hope he is returning because he wants to, and not because he wasn't able to make enough money doing his own projects.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

White Light posted:

He quit just before the USA went down an eight year hellhole and sat on an HBO deal doing gently caress-all during the roughest part of the storm, that's one valid reason :shrug:
yeah it's his fault

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
This is good news if he's actually inspired to return to the helm and not just a big paycheck opportunity. I mean good for him if he gets paid, I'd just like the show to not suck like it has since he left.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
On the one hand, great, cool, good. On the other hand lol what an absolute admission of failure on literally everyone's part on figuring out who'd succeed Trevor Noah.

E: Oh he's doing the Rachel Maddow thing, Mondays only and then another Not Jon Stewart host TBD helms it for the rest of the week.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Jan 24, 2024

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

White Light posted:

Huh. What did you do during those eight years?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

White Light posted:

idiot

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Jelly posted:

Huh. What did you do during those eight years?

jacked off in a dark room

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

People got mad at him because of the whole covid lab leak conspiracy stuff he talked about during the colbert interview

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

White Light posted:

I dunno bro he made another show that talked about pressing issues but just recently got poo poo canned because Apple didn't want them to do an episode about China??

Sounds like a whole alot of nothing to me.

Also why is a talk show host supposed to fix all of the problems of America?

Maybe you're an idiot???

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Saalkin posted:

I dunno bro he made another show that talked about pressing issues but just recently got poo poo canned because Apple didn't want them to do an episode about China??

Maybe you're an idiot???

Nah, definitely wasn't just me, gently caress off you filthy animals :jerkbag:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Saalkin posted:

Maybe you're an idiot???

wow Saalkin didn't realize you were a chud this whole time

look everyone Saalkin is a chud

get his rear end

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There is room in my heart for both John Stewart and Tucker Carlson. :angel:

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

White Light posted:

No entertainer owes you their labor and if he wanted to take a break, he was entitled to it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I dont care put Craig Ferguson back on tv

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

White Light posted:

Wow

That poo poo is nuts
Based on their reasoning if there was no Daily Show at all I guess Trump would have won in a landslide

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Smugworth posted:

wow Saalkin didn't realize you were a chud this whole time

look everyone Saalkin is a chud

get his rear end

I would like to formally anounce to all reading that my rear end is up for grabs as well. I am not a chud but my rear end can be got. Thank you.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

White Light posted:

I don't think linking a bunch of opinions from the mainstream media is a winning argument.

His COVID poo poo is dumb, but expecting a single person who isn't a politician to save the world to the point where you actually blame them for not doing it is wild.

Plus he did a ton for NY and I'm pretty sure you've never done jack poo poo for anybody.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

White Light posted:

lmao you should click through the study on the first article you posted.

anyway. glad john stewart is coming back, dunno what kind of loving idiot would really attack him for not making his tv show during the trump administration. he signed off in the summer of '15, who thought trump had a chance

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I dont care put Craig Ferguson back on tv

This, tbh. Although I don't think his creepy interview style with the lady guests will have aged very well. Still, he was probably the best interviewer late night has had. And his skits were just weird and insane

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

White Light posted:

:corrupt:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

White Light posted:

lmfao

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

He earned a lot of respect for his work with the 9/11 group. Glad to see him coming back.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

White Light posted:

That doesn't sound like a valid reason at all

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
this is all jon stewarts fault. fuckin piece of poo poo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

White Light posted:

Concerning

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

White Light posted:

lmfao

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

The man determines the presidency. Its just that simple

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

White Light posted:

whats especially funny about this is these articles are written by people who are traditionally actually responsible for trying to uphold democracy, and boy howdy are they utter failing shits of fasci-apologism and projecting like mad

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

epic adtrw guy: now's my chance! yes!!!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Politics and anime are really the same if you think about it

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bradzilla posted:

epic adtrw guy: now's my chance! yes!!!

lol. always check the post hisitory

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i like when he says fun y thing (:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know Wyatt Cenac came forward after his stint as a correspondent ended expressing frustrations with Stewart and his seeming belief that racism was ok if they were Republicans.

Stewart once screamed Cenac out of the writers room after pointing out that the joke he told about Herman Cain as a step'n'fetchit was pretty racist.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
We've hit the cultural cul de sac, everyone out of the cybertruck

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

but is he returning to posting on the forums?

of course there are those who say he never left…..

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Finally the country can heal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Konar posted:

Finally the country can heal