Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

S
Jon Stewart Daily Show
Colbert Report

Completely true but they were products of their time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Another huge problem is if you watch anything made by Stewart in 2024, he's still doing 2007 material, he really is. I actually loved him during the naughties, I was an absolute diehard for Jon Stewart. He cut his teeth against an administration full of neocon landed gentry, which is the best way you can describe them now, and he had the perfect shiv to go through their armor and they hated the poo poo out of him for it. But he's absolutely going to be bringing a knife to a gun fight against the GOP as its currently instantiated and I don't think its going to go well at all.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

S+
Late Late show with Craig Ferguson

Was that a political show? I thought it was like Letterman or Leno

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

If you want to get actual guns out against the incoming Trump administration you need to find a handful of members of the Leftist Brooklyn Podcast Crew and give them unmitigated access to prime time network TV and maybe, through shear irony, add Sam Hyde in there as an ironic foil purely to do a double meta counter psyop because this is where we're at right now.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Ape Fist posted:

this is what the avg 35-45 year old Jon Stewart fan thinks will literally happen when he's put back on air.

ooooh, oooooh, Jon Stewart is going to absolutely sick it to Trump on prime time tv, how will he ever recover from this!!!!

Trump: His name is Jonathan Leibowitz folks, Jonathan Leibowitz, why does he hide it from us? Why would he hide it from us folks, thats very odd, very unusual, why would this person hide his name from us? I wouldn't do that *scoffs*, remember when they tried to call me Drumpf, folks? You remember that? Remember when that was a big deal *gestures indifferently*, anyway he's a little man with a washed up career, but he did good stuff for our great, glorious 9/11 responders, we gotta give him that, we gotta give him that. I know its all in good fun, I know it is folks, but he's got a weird vendetta against me. Never had a problem with him myself, don't see why he's attacking me. Very odd, very odd folks.

A Stewart will be completely unironically loving owned by that simple paragraph and won't know how to respond to it at all other than being a scoffing shithead.

No offense, but you sound a little off your rocker here

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

I am actually extremely online with this poo poo so yeah you're like maybe 70% true with this. The other 30% I'm saving for dignities sake.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

This for me 100%. I know he makes great content, but I watch TV to escape this misery, not absorb more of it.

Of course in my case I escape this misery by watching shows about apocalypse and murder and the misery in faraway planets but that’s misery elsewhere.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

S
Jon Stewart Daily Show
Colbert Report

B
Last week tonight with John Oliver

D
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

E
Trevor Noah Daily Show
Seth Myers

F
The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
Samantha fuckin Bee
Jordan Klepper

Might be missing some but I didn’t watch them.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

S+
Late Late show with Craig Ferguson

This is 100% on point. I actually really like Jordan Klepper but he’s a small doses kinda guy. His TDS interviews with chuds were always great but his own show was painful.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Current Colbert is also hamstrung by being on CBS, same as Stewart not being able to talk about China on Apple TV.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Stewart not being able to talk about China on Apple TV.

extremely funny tbh

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Who is hosting the Daily Show now? I heard Trevor Noah was leaving it but did he actually leave yet?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

this plane of existence? i'm afraid so

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Current Colbert is also hamstrung by being on CBS, same as Stewart not being able to talk about China on Apple TV.

The Colbert character was funny at the time. His commitment to the bit meant there were never any “but seriously folks” moments, which all of them do now including Oliver. His send up of all of the now-fired Fox hosts, as well as the warmongering 9/11 patriots was cathartic.

The real deal is charming but he’s also weepy rich lib

Jan 25, 2024
Jon Stewart, age 61, has never run for President

Jan 25, 2024

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

everyone has been hamstrung in freedom of speech over the last 7 years

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I. M. Gei posted:

Who is hosting the Daily Show now? I heard Trevor Noah was leaving it but did he actually leave yet?

no one. they've been cycling through guest hosts for an entire year

Stink Billyums fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 25, 2024

Jan 25, 2024

Sam Hyde is still mentioned online in the year 2024, but never in the ways that you would think

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Stink Billyums posted:

no one. they're been cycling through guest hosts for an entire year

Jesus, has it been an entire year already

Jan 25, 2024

DaveWoo posted:

Jesus, has it been an entire year already

It's called Work, Son

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I hate Jon Stewart now that I know he's a chud that elected Trump

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
this would be great news if i gave poo poo!!!!! :p

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Being batshit crazy is how you sell media in this day and age.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
The show stopped being funny years before he left the first time.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Not even John Oliver could defeat Trump. You really think Stewart could have come up with anything better than "Drumpf"?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Was that a political show? I thought it was like Letterman or Leno

Not really no, Craigy Ferg just owned bones. He did sporadically call out america, but the show itself was silly humor and talk show stuff

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

The Hello Machine posted:

Not even John Oliver could defeat Trump. You really think Stewart could have come up with anything better than "Drumpf"?

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Lord forgive me I forgot Hasan Minaj. Didn't watch Patriot Act but LMAO very funny how he did a mini-Smollett

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Lord forgive me I forgot Hasan Minaj. Didn't watch Patriot Act but LMAO very funny how he did a mini-Smollett
at this point I just mix him up with the streamer whenever I see his name

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Stink Billyums posted:

no one. they've been cycling through guest hosts for an entire year

Holy hell that is dire.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

if jon stewart was still on the air my wife never would have left me! gently caress him!!!!!!

lol

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

if jon stewart was still on the air my wife never would have left me! gently caress him!!!!!!

lol I'm also crazy mad at Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and I won't miss an opportunity to tell goons how awful they are and just seeth over the internet.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jon Stewart personally cast the final electoral vote for Trump in 2016

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i liked the larry wilmore show. i think he should have gotten the daily show instead of trevor noah

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

if they're bringing back comedy central folks then bring back Insomniac with Dave Attell too

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

meat police posted:

if they're bringing back comedy central folks then bring back Insomniac with Dave Attell too

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Ape Fist posted:

Trump: His name is Jonathan Leibowitz folks, Jonathan Leibowitz, why does he hide it from us? Why would he hide it from us folks, thats very odd, very unusual, why would this person hide his name from us?

The Hello Machine posted:

You really think Stewart could have come up with anything better than "Drumpf"?
both these things happened already

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
That‘s good news and I’m happy to hear that.

Used to watch DS and CR each day, but when they both quit at more or less the same time, I quit too.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Jon Stewart or NAMBLA

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
My hot take: the host after Jon Stewart weaned me off TDS, and I moved on with my life, but now that I've been without it for so long, I'm indifferent to having it return.

meat police posted:

Insomniac was the best take on a travel show and that I do miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Jon Stewart turns 80 this year.