Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Spinz posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/24/entertainment/jon-stewart-daily-show/index.html

I'm glad I love him I want to marry him and if I could pick anyone in the universe to be President i'd pick him

I've seen lots of posts hating on him and I don't really get it

Because he believed a conspiracy theory and got pissy when he got called on it while the racist lovely people who believe the conspiracy theory along with him used him as a sign of "See, the racist lovely conspiracy theory is true, even the liberal's god believes it."

Man was funny on TV does not = isn't a shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Szechwan posted:

John Stewart's return will be funny because there's a whole slew of anti-establishment Trump voters that say they would vote Stewart for President. I assume it's a similar "he tells it like it is" thing.

I don't expect a lot of soul searching to be done by them, but it will be funny to see them try to reconcile Stewart's absolutel disdain for Trump every week with voting for him in the past.

It won't really involve any of that. They'll just go "he sold out to the woke" and be done with it.