Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

S
Jon Stewart Daily Show
Colbert Report

B
Last week tonight with John Oliver

D
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

E
Trevor Noah Daily Show
Seth Myers

F
The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
Samantha fuckin Bee
Jordan Klepper

Might be missing some but I didn’t watch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

S+
Late Late show with Craig Ferguson

Was that a political show? I thought it was like Letterman or Leno

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Ape Fist posted:

this is what the avg 35-45 year old Jon Stewart fan thinks will literally happen when he's put back on air.

ooooh, oooooh, Jon Stewart is going to absolutely sick it to Trump on prime time tv, how will he ever recover from this!!!!

Trump: His name is Jonathan Leibowitz folks, Jonathan Leibowitz, why does he hide it from us? Why would he hide it from us folks, thats very odd, very unusual, why would this person hide his name from us? I wouldn't do that *scoffs*, remember when they tried to call me Drumpf, folks? You remember that? Remember when that was a big deal *gestures indifferently*, anyway he's a little man with a washed up career, but he did good stuff for our great, glorious 9/11 responders, we gotta give him that, we gotta give him that. I know its all in good fun, I know it is folks, but he's got a weird vendetta against me. Never had a problem with him myself, don't see why he's attacking me. Very odd, very odd folks.

A Stewart will be completely unironically loving owned by that simple paragraph and won't know how to respond to it at all other than being a scoffing shithead.

No offense, but you sound a little off your rocker here

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Current Colbert is also hamstrung by being on CBS, same as Stewart not being able to talk about China on Apple TV.

The Colbert character was funny at the time. His commitment to the bit meant there were never any “but seriously folks” moments, which all of them do now including Oliver. His send up of all of the now-fired Fox hosts, as well as the warmongering 9/11 patriots was cathartic.

The real deal is charming but he’s also weepy rich lib

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Lord forgive me I forgot Hasan Minaj. Didn't watch Patriot Act but LMAO very funny how he did a mini-Smollett

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

god please help me posted:

should've gone with Samantha Bee if they wanted the Daily Show to remain good.

She got her own show after everyone split, and she used it to complain about Bernie Bros. Also she lobbied against integrating her kid’s school

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

god please help me posted:

this is fair tbh.

I only watched one episode, and it was less bland than the Trevor Noah show, but what does this mean?

https://slate.com/human-interest/2016/06/the-upper-west-side-is-new-york-s-latest-school-integration-battleground.html

Her rich neighborhood’s public school was going to integrate but her family, well I guess it was her husband specifically, helped stop it

There’s a snopes article saying “false” though so maybe it was overblown or fake news

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I love it. I hope he’s not miserable coming out of semi retirement and doing this every week.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

eSports Chaebol posted:

back in the Good Old Days he was going after low hanging fruit with no effort too. it's just that, even as the fruit hung all the way down to the ground, no one else was touching it, making him the most Serious news media person on TV much to his chagrin. for better and worse things have changed and thats also why theres really zero need to have him back doing this routine again

Who's going after it these days? What's changed?

Asking seriously because I don't consume a lot of political comedy media. Link me to someone who's better.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

eSports Chaebol posted:

every late night host besides jimmy fallon? also theres plenty of content on youtube/instagram/tiktok and then also theres 73490573905734534 podcasts.

Whaaaat I dunno man this is pretty unfunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14qQ5B7BjpQ&t=504s

And I listen to Chapo Trap House occasionally but they're not very funny or insightful since Matt left, and for some reason they keep putting out Very Special Episodes about Gaza.

Nucleic Acids posted:

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/1757045427969442094

This is not an uncommon reaction to last night's episode.

That article calls Samantha Bee's show "excellent" and says Trevor Noah "ran a great show"

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

Well that invalidates the whole drat thing.

Well the "both sides" criticism in the article is basically calling him out for making fun of our doddering president without carefully pointing out how bad Trump is. The Colbert clip does exactly what the Rolling Stone article is asking for (3 mins on Biden, 5 mins on Trump, taking a clear stance that you must vote for Biden) and it's terrible.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

I didn't really care about the Tucker Carlson bit or the lawyer podcasters this week. Jon is good at mugging into the camera until the audience laughs.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

rotinaj posted:

Trump is literally just as feeble if not worse

Doesn't feel that way to me tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Lol the most pivotal internal political moment for the United States since the Civil War boiled down to two old men calling each other idiots

I have no idea what this is in reference to, so I'm curious which political moment you've crowned as the most pivotal.