Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I will never understand why they didn’t work Trevor in as a correspondent for a while beforehand and then have him graduate to the desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

wit posted:

There was nothing aggressive in his commentary at all, seems a lovely guy though. But his delivery was very "can't we all just get along, this is all very good natured folks" mixed with Jerry Seinfeld. You need a bit more aggression and outrage if you're commenting on real dangers in the world instead of just saying "there goes the neighbourhood!".

the whole tomi lahren situation was a perfect example of that, he was pretty obviously trying to show that compromise is possible and the hate between both sides is not helping, but IMO it resulted more in just undermining Noah and making him look gullible and overly credulous.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

wit posted:

2 for 2 episodes now jon stewart has become the news for saying a thing on his comedy show segment. At this point MSNBC is just doing react videos.

On one hand, he is the news because it is a famous person doing a beloved thing

On the other hand, the self-pitying “all I did was ask questions, how dare you demand I only speak the Accepted Truth” routine he did on Monday was fuckin’ pathetic and he is being purposely obtuse about what people were saying in complaint about his first ep back

And I get it, I also am not thrilled that our two options are old fucks, but if you start undermining Biden now when Biden’s popularity is already taking a lot of hits, you are helping to either depress dem turnout or increase repub turnout, neither of which is good when Trump is promising to make the US into Gilead if he wins

I take the flak for complaining about Biden as well, but you gotta know it’s coming.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase posted:

yep, pointing out our dinosaur president’s mush brain is simply going too far

jon stewart has lost the plot i’m afraid

Why do y’all love to do this thing where you dunk on a point that the post did not make

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

I did not accuse Jon Stewart of either going too far or losing the plot, I said that he is doing something he is going to get pushback for

Especially since I agree with him about the points he made on his first episode, but the “how dare anyone be upset at me” routine he did in episode two is fuckin’ pathetic

You criticized the dem, the dem tankies will respond. Ignore it, and move on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jimlit posted:

that definitely didn't come across as the point you were trying to make though

Fair, I am trying to distract myself from my soon to come company closure and layoff and could have structured my point better

While the blue maga dems have a point that the continued emphasis of how old and feeble Biden is when Trump is literally just as feeble if not worse is not helping, boy howdy do I wish they had not coalesced behind Biden as the only hope against Trump

Having any other option here would be great