Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

White Light posted:

He quit just before the USA went down an eight year hellhole and sat on an HBO deal doing gently caress-all during the roughest part of the storm, that's one valid reason :shrug:

Concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bradzilla posted:

epic adtrw guy: now's my chance! yes!!!

Waiting for the Arby’s aficionados to be drawn to the thread like a moth to flame…

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It was Short Attention Span Theater before becoming TDS with Craig Killborn. It was generalized “current events” type stuff iirc before it got more politically oriented when Stewart came on.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

This just doesn't make any loving sense at all. Jon Stewart announced and retired from The Daily Show before Trump even announced he was running for president.

But sure, lets blame Jon Stewart because who else do we have to blame?

One of the most deserved probations in all of the leper colony IMO.

He was actually still hosting when Trump came down the elevator because he did a “head in hands” bit because he had just announced his retirement.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I like John Oliver but I just can’t watch his show anymore because it’s too goddamn depressing about how everything sucks so goddamn much and I don’t want to be angry when I’m trying to relax in front of the toob

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

This for me 100%. I know he makes great content, but I watch TV to escape this misery, not absorb more of it.

Of course in my case I escape this misery by watching shows about apocalypse and murder and the misery in faraway planets but that’s misery elsewhere.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

S
Jon Stewart Daily Show
Colbert Report

B
Last week tonight with John Oliver

D
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

E
Trevor Noah Daily Show
Seth Myers

F
The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
Samantha fuckin Bee
Jordan Klepper

Might be missing some but I didn’t watch them.

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

S+
Late Late show with Craig Ferguson

This is 100% on point. I actually really like Jordan Klepper but he’s a small doses kinda guy. His TDS interviews with chuds were always great but his own show was painful.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Current Colbert is also hamstrung by being on CBS, same as Stewart not being able to talk about China on Apple TV.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That time he had Tomi Lahren on and she said something like “I’m a millennial, I don’t like labels” and he laughed in her face was pretty good.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Hello Machine posted:

Also, what is a clownstick?

Turn off your monitor :xd:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I. M. Gei posted:

Also Elon probably (correctly) thinks Jon is gonna make fun of him and wants to keep an eye on his tweetfeed for that exact reason.

It’s this

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BastardAus posted:

Sure he's owning it but god drat does he look old (that side by side was painful). I thought veganism was s'posed to make you look healthier too.

Turn off your monitor and place a picture of you from 10 years ago next to it for a fun surprise

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

TrashMammal posted:

:lmao: at the belief that sick burns are praxis

Sorry op but flaming your enemies and making them mad is the only acceptable form of humor now.

Mad?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Not knowing what praxis is is praxis.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
John Stewart EVISCERATES Donald Trump in EPIC TAKEDOWN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

forget trump, jon stewart’s meddling will hit closer to home. he will be personally responsible for another 4 years of nom epique threads when biden loses.

:yeshaha: