Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

It’s JON without an H, you noob! Gawrsh!

Apple screwed up bad letting him go imo, he was hitting his stride in his show

First episodes of the initial season of the Apple show (The Problem) were painful, but he was getting back into it and his team was finding their footing. By season 2 the show had evolved into The Daily Show again(with a budget, this time). Still worth watching imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

S
Jon Stewart Daily Show
Colbert Report

B
Last week tonight with John Oliver

D
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

E
Trevor Noah Daily Show
Seth Myers

F
The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore
Samantha fuckin Bee
Jordan Klepper

Might be missing some but I didn’t watch them.

S+
Late Late show with Craig Ferguson

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Was that a political show? I thought it was like Letterman or Leno

Not really no, Craigy Ferg just owned bones. He did sporadically call out america, but the show itself was silly humor and talk show stuff

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Jon fukn owns

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

eSports Chaebol posted:

i distinctly remember as a kid thinking, "wow theyre replacing Craig Kilbourn with some guy ive never heard of? and Kilbourn is taking Five Questions with him? heh, good luck 'jon stewart'". biggest L opinion of my lifetime probably

also Kilbourn's late night show sucked and he got replaced by Craig Ferguson who was one of, if not THE best. really cursed career lol

I was sad when Craigy Ferg left, but decided to continue watching and give a solid chance to the new, chubby, likeable, british guy with suspiciously positive energy. "James Corden", you say? alright!

that was, as the kids say, quite an "L" for me, fr fr no cap

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

TrashMammal posted:

a fate they surely would have been spared if only jon stewart hadn’t passed the daily show off to this rear end in a top hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phjk0k_CQN8

I saw Trevor's documentary and he's by all accounts a great guy, but those were some big clown shoes to fill

Likeable guy, but not nearly as funny as Jon. Maybe could've taken over one of the late shows with celebrities and music, not politics

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Les Os posted:

A non-US comedian could totally bring the visceral voice and commentary but fwiw I never really saw that from Trevor Noah. His stuff definitely felt more Late Show than Daily Show

Jim Jefferies kinda had it, but who the gently caress watched his show

I don’t even know what network it was on, I only know about it from random internet clips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I want to make it very clear that while I do not find Trevor Noah funny, I do not wish violence upon him or anyone else.

perhaps telling a comedian that he's not funny, is the worst violence of them all :smithfrog: