Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

but is he returning to posting on the forums?

of course there are those who say he never left…..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you think it’ll suck and he’ll crater his reputation and we’ll all owe adtrw person a big apology? i’d say there’s at least a coinflip’s chance

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

trump did hillary a solid, she doesn't have to be forever known as the president who bungled the covid response, what a guy

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

jon stewart didn't even stop 9/11, in fact, some lay the blame at his feet and not without good reason

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

White Light posted:

Nah, definitely wasn't just me, gently caress off you filthy animals :jerkbag:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

reminder, once again, that it is actually we who are to blame

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Came_from_Something_Awful

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i don’t know how a show like his is supposed to find a big audience in the streaming era

daily show was something you watched on TV because it was on, not something you made time for or recorded

i don’t know anyone who watched his show on apple, nor the similar things like john oliver’s show. not that i begrudge him for collecting a check and letting a network figure out how to sell enough taco bell ads to keep the lights on.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i think of john oliver’s show as an extension of reddit because it’s the only place i ever see anyone talk about it. jon stewart is a way better comedian, but i think his return will fall into the same well.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if Frodo and Gollum were one person

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i watched the segment, it was ok, but not something i will seek out again

i am seeing a lot of people very angry that he dared to call biden old and befuddled, though, which is very very funny so the show is already a smashing success by my reckoning

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

jon stewart wouldn't be caught dead uttering the word praxis so he's already got a leg up on a lot of folks here

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

some are calling the daily show with jon stewart 'comedy praxis'

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep, pointing out our dinosaur president’s mush brain is simply going too far

jon stewart has lost the plot i’m afraid

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Vegetable posted:

Did Jon Stewart ever attack Dems back in the day? I kinda don’t recall that at all. The softest jabs, maybe.

no he did not, even once, but unfortunately he has now unleashed his Dark Leibowitz persona, and nothing will stand between him and a trump landslide in 2024

it’s true what they say, die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually zelensky is the jon stewart of ukraine and he’s doing exactly that, saving or dooming depending on which thread you read of course

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yep he’ll be up to his ears in comedy sulfur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

forget trump, jon stewart’s meddling will hit closer to home. he will be personally responsible for another 4 years of nom epique threads when biden loses.