Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Tarquinn posted:

Are you thinking of Patrick Stewart?

walter blunt. easy mixup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

now i’m missing blunt talk. taken from us too soon

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

StrangersInTheNight posted:

I watched his last special and it was eh, which is a shame bc I enjoyed his earlier stuff. But this time he had a whole bit about how no one is actually policing trans folks in bathrooms, no one is actually stopping or attacking anyone in bathrooms, that's just a made up thing to divide us, and it bummed me out because I do in fact know people who have been harassed and even attacked in bathrooms.

Like, his core message - which is that corporate greed is largely ignored and that initially, the trans bathroom panic was manufactured to garner conservative outrage - is correct, but then he goes on to suggest trans people being scared are making too big of a deal bc no one's actually going to care which bathroom you go into, and unfortunately, we've found out they absolutely do and will harass people - the bullshit panic has had real, actual consequences for people.

that last line is especially rich because it's something trans people have been saying for a while. yes we realize this, but it hasn't stopped people from being very much creeps!

wow, gently caress that guy

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

It won't really involve any of that. They'll just go "he sold out to the woke" and be done with it.

yeah, cults program that cognitive dissonance right out of you

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Powerful Katrinka posted:

:lol: No. There's nothing that Jon Stewart or The Daily Show could've done to influence the election results. People who hate Hillary Clinton weren't going to have their minds changed by a silly joke man on a TV show they don't even watch. The Electoral College would still be a clusterfuck that awards the election to minority presidents, the October Surprise of reopening the issue of Clinton's emails would've still happened, and Russia would still have successfully interfered. Jon Stewart wouldn't be able to sway the election any more than Trevor Noah did.

americans are dumb as hell across the board, all looking to tv personalities to fix their problems for them :patriot:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

20 Blunts posted:

just because you never had good days doesn't mean other people can't

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

20 Blunts posted:

daily show last night - just fine
daily show back in the day - just fine
you guys - loving losers

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

kazil posted:

predictably

ya’ll keeping some great company in this thread

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Golden Bee posted:

It’s pointless to judge a product by the dumbest people who like it. Is The Boys a bad show because people don’t get it ?

:smuggo:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

:lmao: at the belief that sick burns are praxis

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

jon stewart wouldn't be caught dead uttering the word praxis so he's already got a leg up on a lot of folks here

i will hand that to him

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Sorry op but flaming your enemies and making them mad is the only acceptable form of humor now.

Mad?

nah, too busy voting in primaries and getting all up in city hall’s biz

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Loin King posted:

Best i can tell is its like aligning your chi but only for the most insufferable

praxis with chinese characteristics

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the daily show sure is a lot funnier than the people who watch it :woof:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

super sweet best pal posted:

Can't really determine something's praxis until it drives some nutcase to commit an act of violence.

possibly the most correct post in this thread

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

how about that daily show, though? any good clips yet? :woof:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

pencilhands posted:

Jon Poofart

possibly the worst post in this thread. what happened pencilhands? you were on a roll there for awhile

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

MrQwerty posted:

He got blocked up what with the opiates

a fate they surely would have been spared if only jon stewart hadn’t passed the daily show off to this rear end in a top hat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phjk0k_CQN8

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

wit posted:

2 for 2 episodes now jon stewart has become the news for saying a thing on his comedy show segment. At this point MSNBC is just doing react videos.

not at all concerning

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

good lord ya’ll, a comedian reading the news is neither going to doom or save the world

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

actually zelensky is the jon stewart of ukraine and he’s doing exactly that, saving or dooming depending on which thread you read

maybe comedy can be praxis after all

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Bad Purchase posted:

yep he’ll be up to his ears in comedy sulfur

as an unbaptized sort who has at least done some good in the world he’s getting limbo at worst. chilling with the classics for all eternity

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ninjoatse.cx posted:

lot to unpack from a single sentence

don’t do that, it’s bad news, like reading the necronomicon or installing extra eyes in your brain

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

ninjoatse.cx posted:

googled jo crystals and I'm glad I'm old and out of touch now

you’re never gonna get your chakras aligned a this pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Animal-Mother posted:

I tell cashiers this when they waste time carding me.

bet they love it when you break that out while they’re doing that thing they have to do to everyone every single time so they don’t get fired. probably doesn’t come across as weird and passive aggressive at all