Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, Colbert's been terrible since he took over The Late Show (though he's a really good interviewer). Seth Meyers is pretty great, but outside of A Closer Look, he's not really doing the same thing The Daily Show is, and even that misses a lot. Oliver's the best in the business, no doubt, but I don't think anyone can say, "Every late night host except Fallon" is doing it better than Stewart with a straight face.

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

That article calls Samantha Bee's show "excellent" and says Trevor Noah "ran a great show"

Well that invalidates the whole drat thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

They had two interview segments last night? Not great.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

rotinaj posted:

I will never understand why they didn’t work Trevor in as a correspondent for a while beforehand and then have him graduate to the desk

My memory is fuzzy, but I thought he was a correspondent first? Just for a strangely short amount of time before taking over the host job.

edit: Yeah, google tells me he joined as a correspondent on December 4, 2014. In March 2015 he was announced as the new host. I remember thinking, "The new guy?"

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

But remember Biden is and always was the ONLY candidate who can beat Trump

This poo poo drove me crazy. I'm not going to say he was my last pick in 2020, because Bloomberg was in the race, but drat he was close. But I don't live in an early primary state, so my vote doesn't matter.

Democracy!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

biznatchio posted:

Honestly people who try to paint is as "Jon Stewart said 'both sides are the same'" are loving idiots because that's not at all what he said. His point -- which was crystal clear if you're not drinking the loving rage koolaid -- was "we should be able to do better than two senile old men as choices; but that's what we've got -- but loving hell Trump is a horrible person".

This loving "toe the line and never say anything bad about our side's candidate" poo poo is toxic. It's toxic when the right does it and we're more than happy to point that out; but it's also sure as gently caress toxic when the left does it too.

This is what I’ve been trying to put into words. Which is my way of not empty quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

I have no idea what this is in reference to, so I'm curious which political moment you've crowned as the most pivotal.

Literally what they were talking about in the previous post. The decision of who to run against Trump. This isn’t hard. The Democrats hosed up in their choice of candidate, even if he won that one time. He sucks.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 22, 2024