Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Tarquinn posted:

Are you thinking of Patrick Stewart?

He was thinking of Patrick Stewart Leibowitz. Don't worry, you don't know him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

The show was better when the remote segments were all interviews with methed-out hillbillies about bigfoot sightings and being rectally impregnated by aliens and other outlandish bullshit.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I don't mind them interviewing politicians, I just want them to interview freaks and weirdos too.

edit: I changed my mind, gently caress politicians, they don't give me the mean lols I get from seeing a mentally ill person claim they're pregnant with an alien butt baby on tv

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Jon Stewart was great for the first maybe 18-24 months of his tenure. Eventually it shifted into something like its present form and I quit watching it. Politics are not funny, they are intensely loving stressful, bordering on triggering PTSD. They're an existential battle of the utmost seriousness between good and evil, a battle good is destined to lose eventually, probably soon. Ha ha ha, so funny.

So yeah, bring back Craig Kilborn, I want to see how fat and bald he is now.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Splorange posted:

Nah, politics in general is boring as poo poo and a long rear end grind, not so much good and evil as accounting. And meetings.

You know what's funny as poo poo? watching nazis vote over what shade of green the park benches will be painted this fiscal year.

Well I'm deadly afraid of anything to do with it. Haven't you seen holocaust documentaries? It could happen here! All the bad things could happen here! And it is only through constant vigilance that evil is momentarily held at bay, but it doesn't always work and sometimes republicans get elected anyway. It's only a matter of time before the right wing strips us of all our freedoms and everything we cherish and force us to worship their false god. Ok I'm getting a little worked up.

Maybe I'd find it less stressful if it weren't an election year and Donald Trump had died of autoerotic asphyxiation in the 90's.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I voted not to paint the benches because they looked fine and only really need painted every other year anyway.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

cumpantry posted:

if you write something like that it's time to take a fifteen

I’m fine, just dealing with severe insomnia and family drama right now.

Edit: I was being a bit alarmist, I admit it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 16, 2024

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Vegetable posted:

He was a total out of left field choice. Not American, total newbie on the show, not particularly outstanding during his time there, no track record to speak of. Dude must have just nailed his interview or something.

The whole not being American thing bothered me a little. It's a show about exposing the evil and hypocrisy of the American government and the backwardness and stupidity of American culture. It seems mean spirited when an outsider does it. I'm probably just being oversensitive.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Oh come on, that doesn't sound nuts, just incredibly whiny.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

We’re a thin-skinned people, it’s a part of our national character, we try and cultivate it.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Perfectly appropriate for use in casual conversation

edit: yeah i looked it up it says only pedantic autists care about it. It's ok, I'm a pedantic autist, I can say it. Seriously, I am, and if that doesn't give me the right to say it then I don't know what does. Don't probe me is what I'm saying.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I want to make it very clear that while I do not find Trevor Noah funny, I do not wish violence upon him or anyone else.