Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he was a dropped element, like the fanservice from the early chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he was a dropped element, like the fanservice from the early chapters.

I don't think he is a "dropped element", he's just a funny gag character that did his thing.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There was fanservice?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The characters were drawn more sexily and there was some fanservice yes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah he was rhe vehicle for the questionable fanservice "jokes"
One of chapters had him try to teleport the princess out but in his concentration started to grope her chest.
Good riddance honestly.

E: oh they did adapt that one, huh. Color me surprised.
Manga had it as a full on grab.

Also I love the contrast between early manga Torture at home lounging in a loose silk robe sipping on wine and now where shes in the poofiest, comfiest hoodie

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Feb 14, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I never caught this in the OP before because it's a split second.

The Hell Lord is a Good Dad.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 15, 2024

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Jerkface posted:

I don't think he is a "dropped element", he's just a funny gag character that did his thing.

Pretty sure he makes more appearances later.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Can't believe the Hellhorde is a white company. No torture on weekends! Also another cute episode.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The freaking minivan.

I think numb legs might have been the first time they resorted to actual, painful physical torture? Those cats were diabolical.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 19, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I can't believe the minivan, but somebody either hated that kid or there was a ringer because who puts a holy blade on a kid's scavenger hunt.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kwyndig posted:

I can't believe the minivan, but somebody either hated that kid or there was a ringer because who puts a holy blade on a kid's scavenger hunt.

You rang?

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
As someone with four cats, that was a little too relatable.

The minivan setup and punchline got me both times.

What another charming episode. Poor Hell-Lord. He even he knew he couldn't argue with Maomao's choice.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

the minivan made me lol hard, as did Ex having pom-poms

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
A symbol of absolute power ... Geh heh heh

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a very sweet ep all around imo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked how Mao-chan got promoted too since she's also in the torturers guild.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022
What an incredibly comfy episode.

For a show that basically revolves around a single joke premise, they keep on coming up with fun ways to approach it to keep things from going stale.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well Peschutz had the right idea but her execution was off.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

What an incredibly comfy episode.

For a show that basically revolves around a single joke premise, they keep on coming up with fun ways to approach it to keep things from going stale.

The premise honestly never gets old imo. The author really does know how to mix it up and play with the basic premise to keep it fresh. It helps that the cast of characters and torturers broadens and theyre all great. This anime should run as long as one piece imo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jerkface posted:

The premise honestly never gets old imo. The author really does know how to mix it up and play with the basic premise to keep it fresh. It helps that the cast of characters and torturers broadens and theyre all great. This anime should run as long as one piece imo

There should be a crossover with Sleepy Princess

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Xelkelvos posted:

There should be a crossover with Sleepy Princess

I'm not sure the Hellhorde are able to cope with Princess Syalis' mastery of sword law without massive trauma.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm not sure the Hellhorde are able to cope with Princess Syalis' mastery of sword law without massive trauma.

Cleary she's the one doing the torturing and the torture is making the best sleep

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love how they just admit modern torture is about making people happy to get information. That works a lot better than the hot iron and whips forms of torture.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Kwyndig posted:

I love how they just admit modern torture is about making people happy to get information. That works a lot better than the hot iron and whips forms of torture.

It also sort of explains why they have the aesthetic that they do—there used to be actual torture going on and they've modernized but have to keep using the historic facility and some of the equipment has been repurposed.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So one thing I'm not clear on. The Hellhorde's castle is on that big floating spire thingy surrounded by storms and stuff. Is their entire kingdom up there or is it just the castle and then they take a taxi somewhere else when they go for Mao Chan's school trips or fishing or the sauna? Am I putting too much thought into explanations for this joke setup.

Also what was that Tony Stark Arc Reactor thing Princess was wearing when Youki and Inki visited after they failed the exam? She said she'd already had her torture for the day but I'm not sure what that thing was.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Feb 27, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hell Lord continues to win best dad of the year awards for how he plays with Mao-Mao Chan.

And Ex, that was uncalled for. Vanilla worked hard on that cake you quit being so judgmental.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 5, 2024

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BRB joining the Hellhorde.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

I need someone to make a gif out of this scene.

Oh my god Hell Lord and Louch became best friends through the power of anime.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 11, 2024

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I need someone to make a gif out of this scene.

Oh my god Hell Lord and Louch became best friends through the power of anime.

the sounds that the princess makes while blocking everything along with her face is fantastic.
Head empty, blocks full(y)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I love that Tortura has a whole group of Shoulder people to accompany her Shoulder Devil. The Shoulder politician and the Shoulder Writer made a compelling argument that Princess winning would end the series prematurely.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Po Po Po Po Po Po Po Po Po

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Punk Datarma is almost as good as Tiny Torture.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Pizza Pizza 4

edit: Nin Nin (make sure you stick past the credits for Gekkou the Ninja)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

can't believe the final ep is next week, didnt expect a series with one overarching gag to keep me invested til the end but i'm glad i kept up with it

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Read the manga it's excellent.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/himesama_goumon/status/1772284809903321454?t=Jyp6KaiHp_xLdWskIk4r3w&s=19

Season 2 confirmed!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol we went from Yuri on Ice skating shenanigans to Hell Lord's Isekai Adventure beating the crap out of an evil monarch who looks like every Isekai protagonist.

Lovely little show and I'm pleased there's a season 2 coming.

Also Vanilla's parents are great.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 25, 2024

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm so glad we got the isekai arc. It's probably the best in the whole manga.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Speedrunning his isekai fantasy by casting Fist.

Repeatedly.

He even got his wish for the theme song to play over the finale's big climax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Sindai posted:

I'm so glad we got the isekai arc. It's probably the best in the whole manga.

So good, definitely one of my favorite parts of the manga, glad it got the proper treatment.