Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

rotinaj posted:

Sure, but not just from Wwe/TKO. As has been pointed out, nothing from Austin, foley, undertaker, nothing from AEW, nothing from cultaholic, nothing from wrestletalk, POST just got something up shortly ago…

I was expecting to at least see the first few mentions of this story last night, but it feels like it has been moving agonizingly slowly

I wouldn't hold it against AEW for not making a statement. They have nothing to do with it, and it's extremely uncommon for competing companies to comment on pending litigation in any field, not just wrestling.

I mean, points to them if they do but I personally don't hold it against them if they don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

POST was covering it yesterday, the thing in your podcast feed is probably the audio version of a video they posted yesterday. Even the scummiest pro WWE outlets are covering it like Ringside News, and PWI posted this absolutely awful attempt at apologism:

It's also in ESPN and major outlets.

Good, glad to hear the ball is finally rolling. I was worried this would get swept under the rug.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

rotinaj posted:

Sure, but not just from Wwe/TKO. As has been pointed out, nothing from Austin, foley, undertaker, nothing from AEW, nothing from cultaholic, nothing from wrestletalk, POST just got something up shortly ago

I was expecting to at least see the first few mentions of this story last night, but it feels like it has been moving agonizingly slowly

Why would AEW need to say anything? It's not their company or their business.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Craptacular! posted:

The biggest headache for the company is how well Executive #1 fits Triple H. Feels likely that the company settles so that it ends with Vince and we don't get into the weeds of naming who is who.

I think WWE/TKO are desperate to pin the whole thing entirely on Vince and a lot of fans in the IWC are desperate to absolve HHH of any wrongdoing because they like his booking and that's honestly most likely what's gonna happen.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Cultaholic also posted a video talking about it, Content Warnings and all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yCnW3seIpI

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Why would AEW need to say anything? It's not their company or their business.

They dont, I was just throwing out anything that came to mind as somewhere that might have any kind of opinion on it

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

rotinaj posted:

Good, glad to hear the ball is finally rolling. I was worried this would get swept under the rug.

I suppose that this abuse is so far that mainstream outlets won't be able to say "oh that wacky world of pro wrestling!" so I think this is going to be a pretty big deal outside of the pro wrestling bubble, even if wrestling "journalism" and IWC dorks are going to mostly just focus on which of their favorite hollywood celebrities and sports entertainment superstars might be in the royal rumble this year

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

That is serial killer stuff

he has an entire loving system to predate on struggling women down to the loving building/landlord/superintendent, just levels of Pure Evil i have a lot of trouble trying to comprehend

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

rotinaj posted:

Sure, but not just from Wwe/TKO. As has been pointed out, nothing from Austin, foley, undertaker, nothing from AEW, nothing from cultaholic, nothing from wrestletalk, POST just got something up shortly ago

I mean, Wrestletalk has articles on it. Cultaholic... technically has articles on it, how is this your front page right now. POST is talking about it, Meltzer is talking about it. AEW hasn't said anything, but it'd be drat near impossible for them to say something without it looking like tribalism. I don't disagree with you, especially for the dozens of old WWE wrestlers who should be shaking their heads right now, but it's like MassRaFTer just said. Most wrestlers and wrestling journalists just aren't equipped to talk about this on a level beyond "jesus christ".

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

aew really doesn't need to say anything because it would look loving scummy to be running victory laps over someone being sexually assaulted

just... no.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Huge yikes

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I mean, Wrestletalk has articles on it. Cultaholic... technically has articles on it, how is this your front page right now. POST is talking about it, Meltzer is talking about it. AEW hasn't said anything, but it'd be drat near impossible for them to say something without it looking like tribalism. I don't disagree with you, especially for the dozens of old WWE wrestlers who should be shaking their heads right now, but it's like MassRaFTer just said. Most wrestlers and wrestling journalists just aren't equipped to talk about this on a level beyond "jesus christ".

Good. Im just out of date then. I was doing PowerPoint poo poo for lots of the morning and had a pointless work meeting at lunch and havent gotten to really search like I was last night.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Drakkel posted:

I think WWE/TKO are desperate to pin the whole thing entirely on Vince and a lot of fans in the IWC are desperate to absolve HHH of any wrongdoing because they like his booking and that's honestly most likely what's gonna happen.

Yeah I'm thinking they sacrifice Vince so it looks like they did something.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Joey McChrist posted:

aew really doesn't need to say anything because it would look loving scummy to be running victory laps over someone being sexually assaulted

just... no.

TK should absolutely keep his mouth shut on this matter, if for no other reason than the fact he currently employs Ric Flair.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I haven't followed wrestling in a very long time. Is the Wrestlenomics guy credible?
https://wrestlenomics.com/2024/01/26/vince-mcmahon-sex-trafficking-lawsuit-says-other-executives-knew-of-exploitation-can-tko-remove-him/

quote:

Its unclear if TKO, which is controlled by Endeavor, can unilaterally force McMahon out of his role as Executive Chairman. If the parent of WWE and UFC want him gone, it may need to convince him to resign.

According to TKOs Certificate of Incorporation, filed last year with the SEC, McMahon may have rights to that position until he resigns, dies, or becomes incapacitated.

7.2 Executive Chair. Notwithstanding Section 7.1(b), Vincent K. McMahon shall serve as the Executive Chair of the Board (the Executive Chair) until the earliest of his death, resignation or Incapacitation. Any vacancy of the Executive Chair (which, if Mr. McMahon is the initial Executive Chair, shall initially only occur upon the death, resignation or Incapacity of Mr. McMahon) shall be filled by the Board by the affirmative vote of a majority of the Directors.

I discussed these corporate governance aspects with a person who has served on boards of directors and I believe amending the above-excerpted section requires, a) a majority vote from TKO shareholders to amend the companys Governance Agreement, and b) the signature of all parties, which includes McMahon.

While Endeavor has the majority of the votes of TKO, getting McMahon to agree to any amendment that makes it easier to remove him may be an obstacle.

Possibly a path of less resistance would be leveraging an agreement with McMahon that gets him to resign, which could include selling his shares to another party. McMahon currently holds more than 20 million TKO shares which, at todays share price of about $87, have a market value of more than $1.7 billion.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sexually assault women, get millions.

Capitalism!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dont take his word as gospel, especially for behind the scenes financial numbers that are baseless, but he usually has pretty good insights on legal matters

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
So help me god if this gets brushed off as, like, an "inappropriate workplace relationship" I'm going to be really pissed off. This is psychotic and sadistic "lock this person and everyone involved away forever" poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The articles of incorporation are public knowledge and the analysis is basically in keeping with other things I've read. Whatever state TKO is incorporated in has rules for amending articles so it's all public record. But while I happened to be using a sick day yesterday and could spend it reading the lawsuit I am not today so I won't be the one to look up corporate law in I assume Delaware.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
If Vince is threatening to defend himself vigorously, that implies there might be a whole trial about this

I know it wouldnt be a criminal trial, because no criminal charges have been filed, but if Vince actually tried to defend himself vigorously There would be a period of Discovery, right?

:getin:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Its like 95% likely its Delaware. It would be honestly a huge surprise if it wasnt.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

It should be fairly easy to trace the purchase of 15k in Bloomingdales gift cards

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So incapacitate or minecraft him then. Come on TKO you've done worse.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

graph posted:

he has an entire loving system to predate on struggling women down to the loving building/landlord/superintendent, just levels of Pure Evil i have a lot of trouble trying to comprehend

I decided to read through the court documents after seeing the excerpts being discussed hereI had to tap out. He was orchestrating this from the moment he learned of her existence. Just monstrous levels of grooming, the false vulnerability, constantly pushing her boundaries. All the initial incidents are textbook abuser poo poo, because he has a loving textbook. This was practiced. He has to have done this hundreds of times or more.

The precision of his actions, the fact that he had tried-and-true tactics, that made me sick before I could even get to the text messages.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince treating a legal NDA like the wrestling contracts he signs but doesn't like sure is something

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Thank you for the writeup MRT. I think extremely bad things should happen to most, if not all, executives at WWE.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Cameo posted:

Its like 95% likely its Delaware. It would be honestly a huge surprise if it wasnt.

Per their SEC filings, TKO Group was incorporated in Delaware in March 2023.

Timby fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 26, 2024

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

I decided to read through the court documents after seeing the excerpts being discussed hereI had to tap out. He was orchestrating this from the moment he learned of her existence. Just monstrous levels of grooming, the false vulnerability, constantly pushing her boundaries. All the initial incidents are textbook abuser poo poo, because he has a loving textbook. This was practiced. He has to have done this hundreds of times or more.

The precision of his actions, the fact that he had tried-and-true tactics, that made me sick before I could even get to the text messages.

Everything is horrible about this but after seeing the most disgusting details and going back to read it in order, Vince telling her the only thanks he needed was a hug made me angrier than I'd been all day.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thurston and Mookie are both very credible.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Everything is horrible about this but after seeing the most disgusting details and going back to read it in order, Vince telling her the only thanks he needed was a hug made me angrier than I'd been all day.

its so loving slimy.

96 BELOW THE WAVE
Sep 12, 2011

all your prayers must seem as nothing

MassRafTer posted:

That got me in a blind rage. This poor woman was tortured by a man who knows exactly how to do so. 'No thanks necessary, just a hug' is evil in the most profound sense.

I don't know that people always immediately grasp how helpless being in a circumstance like this makes you feel. Your material survival is tied entirely to the whims of someone exponentially more powerful than you are. That power is demonstrated early and often. Whether it was the first hug or the fifteenth at some point you register that you're not comfortable with what's happening, but you can't say anything now because you were okay with it before, and they're being so kind to you, and then things escalate, and your agency is guttered. It is so loving frightening. You blank out and you try to get through.

I wish I could convey to her how sorry I am that she's had to go through this. I hate that being doxxed by that roach meant that she lost the dignity of breaking in private. I sympathize with his other victims, who have to now contend with deciding if they'd like to put themselves through the public meat grinder.

God this whole thing is foul.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
MRT, small typo in the OP that is, well, um...

quote:

On January 6th WWE filed with the SEX that Vince, George Barrios and Michelle Wilson were re-appointed to the WWE Board of Directors. Vince then became Executive Chairman on January 10th with Stephanie McMahon announcing her resignation from the company.

Edit: and thank you and SC64 very much for putting together a comprehensive OP, especially for something so vile and abhorrent, it's awful that it's a necessary resource for casual drive-by wrasslin' fans to see.

kalensc fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 26, 2024

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
in fairness, i thought it was intentional

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Like he would disrespect the sanctity of the SEX locker room like that on purpose

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

rotinaj posted:

If Vince is threatening to defend himself vigorously, that implies there might be a whole trial about this

I know it wouldnt be a criminal trial, because no criminal charges have been filed, but if Vince actually tried to defend himself vigorously There would be a period of Discovery, right?

:getin:

1: Everyone denies all the charges immediately. No one ever says "Yes I am guilty as sin" and if they did I'd question their sanity and/or legal representation.

That being said, saying you'll fight in public and looking for a settlement in private are two side of te same coin.

2: What could be found in Discovery that could be worse than what's already been made public? Note: this is not a creative writing challenge for the thread.

3: It's in her best interest to take a settlement as well. You don't let fights go to the judges, you don't let lawsuits go to the jury, because you never know what someone else sees and thinks.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
I feel terrible for the accuser and any innocent people that may be involved in this mess but goddamn am I giggling at the thought of total ruin for Vince and his inner circle.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

3: It's in her best interest to take a settlement as well so she doesn't have to relive and rehash all events in front of a room of people.

Also this (easier to just edit your quote)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

kalensc posted:

MRT, small typo in the OP that is, well, um...

Edit: and thank you and SC64 very much for putting together a comprehensive OP, especially for something so vile and abhorrent, it's awful that it's a necessary resource for casual drive-by wrasslin' fans to see.

I guarantee my brain did that because

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Like he would disrespect the sanctity of the SEX locker room like that on purpose

I am so used to typing that.

Slim Jim released a statement:

https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1751011249737867445

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Kukash posted:

I feel terrible for the accuser and any innocent people that may be involved in this mess but goddamn am I giggling at the thought of total ruin for Vince and his inner circle.

Totally giggle worthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Glad to know my values align with the pepperoni company