Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sponsor's dropping is 100% gonna change the attitude of the board and Ari if they weren't planning to get rid of him already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

The precision of his actions, the fact that he had tried-and-true tactics, that made me sick before I could even get to the text messages.

96 BELOW THE WAVE posted:

Your material survival is tied entirely to the whims of someone exponentially more powerful than you are. That power is demonstrated early and often. Whether it was the first hug or the fifteenth at some point you register that you're not comfortable with what's happening, but you can't say anything now because you were okay with it before, and they're being so kind to you, and then things escalate, and your agency is guttered. It is so loving frightening. You blank out and you try to get through.

it's this. this is the terrifying poo poo. the fact he has a system of people he pays who follow a script and property waiting in place to do this. if not multiple places and more people. he built a psychological horror gangrape machine, and it works

i hate being reminded of the Pure Evil that walks this planet

graph fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jan 26, 2024

ConsolidatedLard
Jun 27, 2020
Barely ever post on here but man, all of this poo poo truly makes me sick.

Incredibly frustrating to see that practically nobody who's actually involved in the industry has had much of anything to say about it. WWE employees, whatever, sure, they're going to keep their mouths shut right now, not surprising, but how little I've seen from people on the indies, in other companies, retired wrestlers, etc., has been a bummer.

Shouldn't really have a high opinion of most pro wrestlers to begin with, just such a lovely way to be reminded of it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
None of the owners and representatives of other wrestling companies are going to say anything, primarily because many of them probably have their own skeletons in their own closets that they don't want to get dragged out into the sunlight, and also probably because they don't want to get death threats etc. from rabid Vince stans.

Non-WWE wrestlers aren't going to say anything, because the vast majority of them are probably hoping to work for WWE one day and don't want to burn a bridge.

The only people in the business (ex-WWE or not) who would potentially have anything to say are people who already hate WWE/Vince/HHH/etc., people who are independently wealthy enough that they don't care about burning bridges, or people who just give zero fucks regardless. And a lot of them aren't going to say anything anyway, out of fear of getting sued into oblivion.

Wanting the wrestling industry to speak out against Vince at this time is understandable, but unrealistic.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ConsolidatedLard posted:

Barely ever post on here but man, all of this poo poo truly makes me sick.

Incredibly frustrating to see that practically nobody who's actually involved in the industry has had much of anything to say about it. WWE employees, whatever, sure, they're going to keep their mouths shut right now, not surprising, but how little I've seen from people on the indies, in other companies, retired wrestlers, etc., has been a bummer.

Shouldn't really have a high opinion of most pro wrestlers to begin with, just such a lovely way to be reminded of it.

What are they meant to say about it? No matter what they say, there's really little way it won't come off as a bunch of chancers taking the opportunity to dunk on the WWE, and as stated in the post above this, it's also a reasonable possibility that other promotions and companies have their own skeletons that might get dragged out into the light as a result.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Thankfully WWE is taking this seriously.

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1750915023990399134

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1751022810628022272?s=20

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol that vince had merch to begin with but also that removing it is taking some sort of stand

fuckin cowards

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Ok, who??

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol that vince had merch to begin with but also that removing it is taking some sort of stand

fuckin cowards

I'm sure demand was high for a shirt commemorating a match he won 25 years ago.

ConsolidatedLard
Jun 27, 2020

edogawa rando posted:

What are they meant to say about it? No matter what they say, there's really little way it won't come off as a bunch of chancers taking the opportunity to dunk on the WWE, and as stated in the post above this, it's also a reasonable possibility that other promotions and companies have their own skeletons that might get dragged out into the light as a result.
Not even sure what I'd expect anyone to say and I'm not surprised by the silence. Mostly just voicing frustration over being a fan of an industry as lovely as pro wrestling is, where you can't even say something as simple as "Man, Vince fuckin' sucks" without the fear of potentially jeopardizing your entire career

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Netflix has the opportunity to do the best thing for wrestling in decades

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Business as usual for ole Nia Jax

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1751008061362180443

quote:

Haus of Wrestling asked Jax how former WWE employee Janel Grant's allegations against McMahon have affected her mentality heading into Royal Rumble weekend. Jax gave the following response:

Oh, it doesn’t, you know, I’m all business. And, you know, this business is built on hard work and dedication, and that’s what every single wrestler in this room is doing right now, and so we just move forward. And it’s, you know, and we’re gonna put on an amazing show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Drakkel posted:

That three month period between the USA and Netflix deal just got a lot funnier.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Drakkel posted:

It all depends on if they think staying in the contract will be profitable.

It's not unlike the companies who know they have a harmful product and don't do a recall because that would be more expensive than paying settlements.

I guarantee you they're running a cost/benefit analysis as we speak.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

graph posted:

it's this. this is the terrifying poo poo. the fact he has a system of people he pays who follow a script and property waiting in place to do this. if not multiple places and more people. he built a psychological horror gangrape machine, and it works

i hate being reminded of the Pure Evil that walks this planet

It's a complete and utter refusal to see a human being as anything other than property that shook me to the core. We've all been around these parts (as in Something Awful and the internet for a while) so we've some poo poo, but nothing could possibly prepare me for how horrible this was. I didn't get close to getting through it all, then I saw some of the texts and it pretty much broke me once I internalized another person was put through this pre-meditated horror.

Everyone involved should see a cell and be brought to justice, no matter if they were involved or covered it up. This is some actual cartel poo poo, and they need to be treated as such. If there was any justice in this world Vince would see a jail cell for the rest of his miserable existence, but I'm not going to hold out hope for that. I well and truly hope Ms. Grant can find some peace even if it's a long shot.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I’m glad Nick Hausman is holding Nia Jax accountable

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oh, you know, I'm all business - and this business is built on hosed up poo poo like sexual abuse and rape so check out the royal rumble live on peacock

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's gonna take more than a *pause* from Slim Jim or any other sponsorship to sink the brand itself

I'd give anything to see it become really consequential to this hosed up company, but people don't need to work themselves up for the crushing disappointment of reality when the next round of ratings roll in and business continues per usual

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i think if nia jax said anything other than what she did, she would have been instantly dragged into a legal hell dimension for eternity

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

But she sucks rear end at the business and actively rejects learning thr business

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The new sponsors pulling out is big as it took years for them to build up relationships with better sponsors and its all going away and even if Vince leaves it might be impossible to get back

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ivypls posted:

i think if nia jax said anything other than what she did, she would have been instantly dragged into a legal hell dimension for eternity

The least you can say is “no comment” which sucks but isn’t as bad as

Orange Carlisle posted:

oh, you know, I'm all business - and this business is built on hosed up poo poo like sexual abuse and rape so check out the royal rumble live on peacock

Anyway, I’m not here to drag Nia or whatever it’s just more pathetic poo poo from the company and the people in it.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Seeing some of the glib responses and even memes from folks I used to hang out with is really upsetting. I dont want to touch the poop but its hard not to lash out at those posts and responses.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Vince is on the Isle of Relevancy flight logs

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think Pause is the key word from Slim Jim because that pretty much immediately says ""We're gonna give it a month or two til this poo poo blows over and people are back to fawning over everything WWE does"

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I think Pause is the key word from Slim Jim because that pretty much immediately says ""We're gonna give it a month or two til this poo poo blows over and people are back to fawning over everything WWE does"

yeah, people don't need to get too excited for these upstanding brands who are currently just waiting to see how the wind blows on this situation and they'll immediately be back on board if the PR radiation levels are deemed safe enough

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Akileese posted:

It's a complete and utter refusal to see a human being as anything other than property that shook me to the core. We've all been around these parts (as in Something Awful and the internet for a while) so we've some poo poo, but nothing could possibly prepare me for how horrible this was. I didn't get close to getting through it all, then I saw some of the texts and it pretty much broke me once I internalized another person was put through this pre-meditated horror.

i will spoiler how it gets at the end because it gets worse but it shows the compounding

:nms: a couple weeks before he breaks her, which he does knowing or not, but he can tell when she's been broken completely, he starts getting off on texting poo poo like 'you will beg for me to sell you' its a level of evil i dont think ive ever read about

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

"Webster's Dictionary defines rape as..."

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

C. Everett Koop posted:

2: What could be found in Discovery that could be worse than what's already been made public? Note: this is not a creative writing challenge for the thread.

If I'm remembering correctly this is being filed in California. Currently the suit is only allegations from one party against another and will probably remain that way until there is a settlement or discovery happens. During discovery if something like what happened during the quattrone discovery occurs then it will dramatically and negatively affect the verdict of the jury which recommend the financial penalties in cases like this.

With how fast and loose Vince was with his abuse it's basically guaranteed that somewhere in the wwe/tko files that have to be maintained for sec reasons there is at least one quattrone level incriminating communication that matches one in the complaint. I'm sure you can imagine the level of chickens with their heads cut off scrambling happening right now trying to figure out exactly how exposed the company is to Vince's actions and how large a settlement they need to offer to prevent discovery.

Regardless, this settlement will be large enough that they will have to report it in their financials which will then be a causus belli for shareholder suits that will also need to be settled because if the evidence is there that executives and the board knew but turned a blind eye or helped conceal it then it's a clear failure of fiduciary duty and probably securities fraud.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1751044291521073234

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

If I'm remembering correctly this is being filed in California.

It's filed in CT

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm sure demand was high for a shirt commemorating a match he won 25 years ago.

Were they still selling that prophetic shirt of his mugshot?

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

Agreed. Nobody should say anything because of reasons. What if someone who says a bad thing about a bad thing but was also guilty of a bad thing?? The house of cards would tumble to dust. Thank you for your input on the wwe/Vince McMahon trafficking allegations thread. Looking forward to more exciting insights

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

Agreed. Nobody should say anything because of reasons. What if someone who says a bad thing about a bad thing but was also guilty of a bad thing?? The house of cards would tumble to dust. Thank you for your input on the wwe/Vince McMahon trafficking allegations thread. Looking forward to more exciting insights

I have no obligation to defend a position I never took.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Boom

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1751055804369711363?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

That came quick.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

edogawa rando posted:

I have no obligation to defend a position I never took.

I was agreeing with you? Not sure what this post means. Could you elaborate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Sex Farm posted:

I was agreeing with you? Not sure what this post means. Could you elaborate?

Passive-aggressive shots aren't helpful. There's no need to aggravate a discussion about an already tumultuous situation.