Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CellBlock posted:

Bunch of new documents popping up on Court Listener today, notably, a response from Vince requesting the case be moved to arbitration citing the NDA he and Janel Grant signed, with a copy of the agreement attached.

EDIT: I'll add links since I have them.

Memorandum in support (basically, Vince's arguments) - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647.30.1.pdf
Attachment (the NDA) - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647.30.2.pdf

Maybe the biggest sign of how bad Vince's case is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What is the world coming to if we cant resolve decades of sex trafficking with a simple NDA and arbitration?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
So what's the over/under on how long it'll take WWE to send out Andrade to tell a horror story about Tony stealing the last ham sandwich in catering one week? Because that's what tends to happen with this sort of news.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

TinTower posted:

So what's the over/under on how long it'll take WWE to send out Andrade to tell a horror story about Tony stealing the last ham sandwich in catering one week? Because that's what tends to happen with this sort of news.

Waiting for another CM Punk interview

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Look, if I chose to work for Vince again despite a decade of allegations and me complaining about him, you can only imagine what Tony Khan is like

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah, and I don't think given he stopped paying and the nature of the NDA being signed under duress.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Majinfoose posted:

Waiting for another CM Punk interview

Theyre gonna use computers to make Eddie guerreros ghost say that AEW is what actually killed Eddie

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
When Orton said Eddies down there he meant Jacksonville.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

When Orton said Eddies down there he meant Jacksonville.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

MassRafTer posted:

Feels like it?

https://twitter.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1782941382321070585

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Wasn't the whole reason the lawsuit happened because Vince stopped paying the hush money? So how can he argue that she violated the NDA by not doing arbitration that he'd already violated by not paying?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You see contracts are something other people have to follow but for Vince it's only if he feels like it. See Bret Hart

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Drakkel posted:

Wasn't the whole reason the lawsuit happened because Vince stopped paying the hush money? So how can he argue that she violated the NDA by not doing arbitration that he'd already violated by not paying?
No, he's saying she violated it at some point in 2022 (even though the WSJ source was obviously a board member and from what was in the WSJ, her friend's email to the board didn't have anything that they couldn't have learned before the NDA was signed), so he didn't remit her 2023 payment because she breached the NDA. But he doesn't explain why Grant has to bring it to arbitration but he didn't.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Also, I'm not a lawyer, but there's also (I think) a decent argument that if the conduct in Ms. Grant's complaint happened, an NDA to not disclose it is an unconscionable contract. (And if so, maybe she wouldn't get to keep the million dollars she got up front, but that presumably would be factored against any damages she would win which would presumably be much more.)

I'm not sure if that's part of the case or not. (I don't recall if Grant's complaint includes anything about the NDA possibly being unenforceable at all, or just that Vince breached it by failing to pay.)

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

MassRafTer posted:

Actually, while Vince's case is very bad, that's probably not the correct inference to draw from this particular motion.

I am a lawyer, and I have had to deal with AAA, the arbitrator of choice in the NDA, and basically, given the nature of this suit, Vince's attorneys have every reason to want to get this case to arbitration for a variety of reasons, but the most pressing, and prosaic, is that once it goes to arbitration, any further motions or pleadings will no longer go on the public docket for people on the internet to scroll through at their leisure.

Given the nature of the case, even if Vince were innocent, which he is not, his lawyers would want to get it the hell away from the public as much as possible, and arbitration is how you do that.

It's also a motion that Grant's lawyers are going to have to spend time and money dealing with.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Actually, while Vince's case is very bad, that's probably not the correct inference to draw from this particular motion.

I am a lawyer, and I have had to deal with AAA, the arbitrator of choice in the NDA, and basically, given the nature of this suit, Vince's attorneys have every reason to want to get this case to arbitration for a variety of reasons, but the most pressing, and prosaic, is that once it goes to arbitration, any further motions or pleadings will no longer go on the public docket for people on the internet to scroll through at their leisure.

Given the nature of the case, even if Vince were innocent, which he is not, his lawyers would want to get it the hell away from the public as much as possible, and arbitration is how you do that.

It's also a motion that Grant's lawyers are going to have to spend time and money dealing with.

Also, Vince's lawyers have an obligation to explore every avenue possible in their client's defense. To not try and use such an avenue, unless directed by their client not to do so, would be a dereliction of their duty.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

CellBlock posted:

Also, I'm not a lawyer, but there's also (I think) a decent argument that if the conduct in Ms. Grant's complaint happened, an NDA to not disclose it is an unconscionable contract. (And if so, maybe she wouldn't get to keep the million dollars she got up front, but that presumably would be factored against any damages she would win which would presumably be much more.)

I'm not sure if that's part of the case or not. (I don't recall if Grant's complaint includes anything about the NDA possibly being unenforceable at all, or just that Vince breached it by failing to pay.)

Grant's argument is that the NDA is no longer effective because Vince stopped paying, and also that it was never enforceable to begin with because both arbitration clauses and non-disclosure agreements in relation to sexual misconduct are now illegal.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I am a lawyer...

even if Vince were innocent, which he is not...

So much for presumption of innocence.

Edit: To clarify, I do think Vince is a piece of poo poo. I just think this is funny coming from a lawyer.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Astro7x posted:

Edit: To clarify, I do think Vince is a piece of poo poo. I just think this is funny coming from a lawyer.

Lawyers are allowed to have opinions.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Shine posted:

Lawyers are allowed to have opinions.

weak

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Astro7x posted:

Actually, there is no presumption of innocence, it's a civil matter.

As far as lawyers having opinions on whether someone is guilty or not, if lawyers weren't allowed to give that sort of opinion on a case, then 75% of the content of cable news would cease to exist.

Oh. Point taken.

As far as the actual litigation goes, there's a new filing. It's not really much of anything, though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1783964699408613769

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe that Vince McMahon and his family should be Romanov'd even before we get to the multiple rapes he committed.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm not a lawyer, but I believe that Vince McMahon and his family should be Romanov'd even before we get to the multiple rapes he committed.

fierce

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

your rap sheet is insane, and you seem to only be in this subforum to poo poo up our most serious thread. What the gently caress

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Shard posted:

your rap sheet is insane, and you seem to only be in this subforum to poo poo up our most serious thread. What the gently caress

Def need banned

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shaddup!!!! dont post about posters here

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1783985369630806449

Time for a runner, says lovely Khan

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
OMG I seriously hope he's resigning because he knows that this lawsuit will affect him too

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

What does this mean?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

a dumb moron posted:

What does this mean?

👀👀👀🤯🤯🤯

(but really, what DOES it mean?)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Who is scooping up all these shares? The Rock?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
How much money does the Rock drat have??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While I hope it's Khan getting out cause he knows heat is gonna be coming down on him for the lawsuit it could be because the rumors of Endeavor being made private are around and that could apply to TKO too

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

a dumb moron posted:

What does this mean?

If he really sells that means he is out of WWE but he probably isn't

quote:

Also listed as a seller is WWE president Nick Khan, who also has filed to sell what appear to be all his holdings of 234,424 shares, an amount that includes restricted stock units which the executive has amassed. Khan listed the same 234,424 shares for sale in the same September prospectus and to date has not sold any WWE stock; he also remains in his position at the company.

In both cases, the filing makes the shares eligible for sale, but doesnt mean they will be sold. In practice across the corporate world, such filings typically result in the sale of the listed shares shortly after.
https://www.sportico.com/personalities/executives/2024/vince-mcmahon-selling-last-tko-shares-1234777031/

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hes selling to Vince

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
a WWE crowd silent and confused when the piano of the Miramax intro theme begins, but then losing their mind when the HARVEY WEINSTEIN wordmark appears on the enormous video board

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AsInHowe posted:

a WWE crowd silent and confused when the piano of the Miramax intro theme begins, but then losing their mind when the HARVEY WEINSTEIN wordmark appears on the enormous video board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

That's sounds like a great edit for the, "Come out you rapist!" video