Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

AsInHowe posted:

a WWE crowd silent and confused when the piano of the Miramax intro theme begins, but then losing their mind when the HARVEY WEINSTEIN wordmark appears on the enormous video board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Jokes? On a humour forum? Probably should probe these guys.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Literally A Person posted:

Jokes? On a humour forum? Probably should probe these guys.

:ironicat:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Pope Corky the IX posted:

“Look, if I chose to work for Vince again despite a decade of allegations and me complaining about him, you can only imagine what Tony Khan is like”

https://x.com/sheslaydaily/status/1783965604334215574

Seeing some very curious responses to Tony's comparison this week.

Is there any evidence that he's got more people than Jericho with issues? And was there ever anything solid on the Jericho accusations?

There's a whole lot of wwe fans using this to minimize the Vince stuff. It's all so twisted

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 27, 2024

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

As far as I know, the Jericho allegations were a hit job by Hausman who quietly walked everything back and somehow got away with it.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Sir Tonk posted:

Is there any evidence that he's got more people than Jericho with issues? And was there ever anything solid on the Jericho accusations?

There's a whole lot of wwe fans using this to minimize the Vince stuff. It's all so twisted

This sounds like something Cornette has spread as fact

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

flair does but its weird for vincels to bring up, considering the incident took place in 2002 and the lawsuit against the wwe was from 2004, years where flair was employed by the wwe, and he was still with them till 2008.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
There were also allegations about Darby Allin that were supposedly looked into and concluded there was nothing to act on, and Jay Lethal had allegations back in ROH apparently

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

Jay Lethal was named during Speaking Out, and Ric Flair is Ric Flair. As for Jericho my understanding is there is likely Something but the what is not clear because no one actually came forward with anything so it's all based on conjecture

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

VideoWitch posted:

Jay Lethal was named during Speaking Out, and Ric Flair is Ric Flair. As for Jericho my understanding is there is likely Something but the what is not clear because no one actually came forward with anything so it's all based on conjecture

And yet you never hear anything about Jay Lethal among the Jase Regal Memorial Thread crowd, because Cornette likes him.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Drakkel posted:

There were also allegations about Darby Allin that were supposedly looked into and concluded there was nothing to act on, and Jay Lethal had allegations back in ROH apparently

Jay Lethal was AJ Lee's fiance and managed to not even be mentioned once in her autobiography.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The reason the Weinstein comparison is apt and the equivalency to Tony turning a blind eye to a bunch of people with histories of sexual abuse is not is because the issue goes far beyond Vince in WWE's case, it's also about the people who knew, many of whom are still on the board, and either their investigation was lovely on purpose because they didn't want to find anything, or they found out everything and allowed him back into the company anyway so they could collect a massive bonus from the sale of the company to Endeavor.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
ignore this

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 30, 2024

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

I hope this person gets sued!

Lid posted:

Jay Lethal was AJ Lee's fiance and managed to not even be mentioned once in her autobiography.

Hmm must be a rapist, it's open and shut! Or are you just asking questions?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

To be clear (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) we've gone over the Lethal stuff on these forums several times and there's nothing to the allegations

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

There's been rumors about Callis as well, I thought that was suspected to be part of him leaving Impact?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alan_Shore posted:

To be clear (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) we've gone over the Lethal stuff on these forums several times and there's nothing to the allegations

Unless Taeler Hendrix withdrew the accusations I'm not sure how we can say "there's nothing to" them? And while I might have missed that happening because I don't really follow indy gossip like I once did.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DreamSooner/status/1784341048455557179

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Cody would have totally hugged this dude of he was at WrestleMania

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

eh there's not nothing, taeler hendrix certainly had grievences and blames him for her not getting a fair shake in ROH

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jackie D posted:

There's been rumors about Callis as well, I thought that was suspected to be part of him leaving Impact?

Both times IIRC. Don't treat this as fact, but he got ran out of TNA/wrestling in general due to odd behavior towards the women. Once he came back due to Omega/Lance Storm and had a position in Impact, his behavior towards Scarlet led to her and Killer Kross wanting out and threatening to sue Anthem. Brian Last had made a big deal of "knowing the facts" but I have no clue if he's gone public with any of it so take it with as much salt as you would like.

Someone could probably do a better job of confirming/denying both of those, I'm more solid with the latter than the former.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

truly he is the embodiment of The American Nightmare lmao

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A few other people have used him too including AEW guys. No idea if they still do but the Gunn boys did. None of those guys are bringing him ringside though.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Wonder how much these drones who are all "Well, Vince is out of the company" care about sexual assault when Vince was in the company and getting cheered after the recent allegation first came up.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

dunno

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Wonder how much these drones who are all "Well, Vince is out of the company" care about sexual assault when Vince was in the company and getting cheered after the recent allegation first came up.

They loved Vince and regularly would post about how he’s wrestling’s one true genius / doing the “we’re not worthy” whenever he would appear

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Its dumb whenever a fan bows to anyone but Vince is like the worst one you could do it to. He actively hates fans

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Long-Time Lurker posted:

If Vince were to come back out on raw, all would be forgiven and most of those people would be posting tearful screeds about how meaningful it is that he is being given a second chance

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Shard posted:

Its dumb whenever a fan bows to anyone but Vince is like the worst one you could do it to. He actively hates fans

People love being hated by their idols. Hell, it probably makes the love stronger

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/sheslaydaily/status/1784416714161262629

Nevermind, this person is just not serious.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Well, yeah, it's a Fedpilled wrestling fan who is also Punkpilled. Just imagine the reality warping power of that combination.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

little munchkin posted:

The only smoking gun the public has for jericho is an emoji that was later deleted, in a context where it wasnt clear what the allegation was (according to reddit jericho invited kylie to his hotel room under the guise of a party). Unless Kylie went to management with more than that, theres nothing to investigate.
She didn't delete anything. I don't understand why people keep saying she did, and I'm kind of sick of it with how easy it is to check:
https://twitter.com/IamKylieRae/status/1741038478945886693

If you were thinking of the tweets she liked, she didn't undo those, either. She liked a bunch of tweets that day, but she didn't like them in the order they were tweeted. So a bunch of people didn't scroll down far enough and incorrectly concluded that she un-liked those tweets. I have no problem with anyone saying that the emoji and likes can't really be acted upon, but I do have a problem with people saying poo poo that isn't true and pretending that there aren't deductions that an adult with critical thinking skills should be able to make as to her intent. The fact of the matter is that she decided to reply and didn't debunk the rumors in that reply. Regardless of whatever did or didn't happen, anyone who acts like her intent wasn't obvious is infantilizing her as some smol widdle gurl who didn't know better, and it's gross. We're not mind readers, but we still have working brains.

quote:

The stuff about an NDA is completely made up though, never been reported anywhere. Just a game of message board telephone where people got it confused with the one from brawl out, just like they thought jungle boy and punk had an nda.
The following is not intended as a chiming in on how much truth there is to the rumors, just clarify the way the rumors made the rounds: The idea that there's an NDA has been out there since long before Brawl Out. It has nothing to do with Brawl Out. But it was probably bolstered in some people's minds by the nature of the emoji tweet, where it was pretty widely read as her affirming the rumors, but without actually disclosing anything.

You're correct, though, that the rumors, as they've circulated over the last few years, have always been murky as to any kind of specifics. The part that's been 100% consistent is that Jericho invited her to his hotel suite under the guise of it being a party where lots of AEW personnel would be present, only to for her to show up and find Jericho alone. It's not even clear when exactly it's supposed to have happened or if the idea is that AEW was party to a theoretical NDA and/or payoff or not.

Also, it seems like everyone's forgotten that Tony Khan refused to answer direct, yes or no questions asking if Jericho had ever been reported and/or investigated for any kind of sexual misconduct claim in AEW. That didn't help! At all! That's a hell of a way to make the fanbase think that it's true. And after hearing about the catcalls Jericho got in Indianapolis, which is not normally the kind of market where insider-y heckling is common/noticeable, it sure seems like it's proliferated a lot more than most realize.

Again, none of this is intended as a comment on if it's true. We can't even treat it as 100% that there's an allegation. But I'm sick of people spreading easily-debunked bullshit about what we know has gone down, projecting Nick Hausman's bullshit onto everything else, treating Kylie as an idiot who couldn't have possibly have foreseen how her tweet would be read, etc. Hausman handled it terribly and put Kylie in an awful position as the only woman who had already been linked publicly to any Jericho misconduct rumors. I'm still angry at him about it months later. But while I'd much rather we not be in this weird limbo, anyone who treats it as a total nothing, entirely a creation of Nick Hausman, etc. is not being a serious person.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

One thing to add to your post: IIRC the woman quoted in the original tweet said she did not have any specific Jericho allegations. I don’t know if she heard any whispers though.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

davidbix posted:

Also, it seems like everyone's forgotten that Tony Khan refused to answer direct, yes or no questions asking if Jericho had ever been reported and/or investigated for any kind of sexual misconduct claim in AEW. That didn't help! At all! That's a hell of a way to make the fanbase think that it's true. And after hearing about the catcalls Jericho got in Indianapolis, which is not normally the kind of market where insider-y heckling is common/noticeable, it sure seems like it's proliferated a lot more than most realize.

An aside, but I live in Indy, and trust me, we have smarks.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

davidbix posted:

She didn't delete anything. I don't understand why people keep saying she did, and I'm kind of sick of it with how easy it is to check:
https://twitter.com/IamKylieRae/status/1741038478945886693

If you were thinking of the tweets she liked, she didn't undo those, either. She liked a bunch of tweets that day, but she didn't like them in the order they were tweeted. So a bunch of people didn't scroll down far enough and incorrectly concluded that she un-liked those tweets. I have no problem with anyone saying that the emoji and likes can't really be acted upon, but I do have a problem with people saying poo poo that isn't true and pretending that there aren't deductions that an adult with critical thinking skills should be able to make as to her intent. The fact of the matter is that she decided to reply and didn't debunk the rumors in that reply. Regardless of whatever did or didn't happen, anyone who acts like her intent wasn't obvious is infantilizing her as some smol widdle gurl who didn't know better, and it's gross. We're not mind readers, but we still have working brains.

The following is not intended as a chiming in on how much truth there is to the rumors, just clarify the way the rumors made the rounds: The idea that there's an NDA has been out there since long before Brawl Out. It has nothing to do with Brawl Out. But it was probably bolstered in some people's minds by the nature of the emoji tweet, where it was pretty widely read as her affirming the rumors, but without actually disclosing anything.

You're correct, though, that the rumors, as they've circulated over the last few years, have always been murky as to any kind of specifics. The part that's been 100% consistent is that Jericho invited her to his hotel suite under the guise of it being a party where lots of AEW personnel would be present, only to for her to show up and find Jericho alone. It's not even clear when exactly it's supposed to have happened or if the idea is that AEW was party to a theoretical NDA and/or payoff or not.

Again, none of this is intended as a comment on if it's true. We can't even treat it as 100% that there's an allegation. But I'm sick of people spreading easily-debunked bullshit about what we know has gone down, projecting Nick Hausman's bullshit onto everything else, treating Kylie as an idiot who couldn't have possibly have foreseen how her tweet would be read, etc. Hausman handled it terribly and put Kylie in an awful position as the only woman who had already been linked publicly to any Jericho misconduct rumors. I'm still angry at him about it months later. But while I'd much rather we not be in this weird limbo, anyone who treats it as a total nothing, entirely a creation of Nick Hausman, etc. is not being a serious person.

but isn't the absolute earliest source for the kylie / jericho rumors this guy:

https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1188310608753627136

who accounts like ISO Wrestling you quoted (an account that called Swerve a slur 2 days ago btw just for the record) still cite because of these tweets:

https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1196591377242562560
https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1741156009626710447

is there an actual legitimate source for these rumors or is this guy what everyone is going off of?

JUNGLE BOY fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 30, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lord Of Texas posted:

An aside, but I live in Indy, and trust me, we have smarks.

oh poo poo what up fellow Indiana goon

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

a dumb moron posted:

One thing to add to your post: IIRC the woman quoted in the original tweet said she did not have any specific Jericho allegations. I don’t know if she heard any whispers though.
She's a friend of mine. That 2020 tweet that was screenshotted to end the thread wasn't specifically about the Kylie rumor or anything like that. The thread also included Vito Thomaselli's deleted Facebook post with the whole-assed rumor. Kylie was ostensibly responding to the whole thread by choosing to reply to the last tweet of the thread.

I feel like a lot of the other stuff is a distraction. At the end of the day, what we know is this:

* The rumor was out there soon after it became public that Kylie quit AEW.

* Hausman's irresponsible comments unfairly drew attention to Kylie because the rumor that something happened with Jericho that drove her out of AEW was the only relevant public rumor.

* When a high-profile engagement account gathered everything they could find that was relevant to what Nick said, including the Vito Thomaselli post, Kylie elected to reply...with a heart emoji, going out of her way to explicitly acknowledge it without debunking it.

* Later that day, after her reply caused it to blow up, enough of the crowd at World's End knew to VERY loudly poo poo on Jericho, complete with "NDA" and "KYLIE RAE" chants. At that point, the topic was unavoidable, so it came up at the press conference multiple times, but Tony Khan refused to answer direct yes or no questions about whether or not Jericho had ever been reported and/or investigated for sexual misconduct in AEW.

* Fans are still heckling Jericho about it four months later to the point it's noticeable at shows, where crowds have otherwise largely lost interest in him.

That's it. Tori walking back something that she vaguetweeted when emotions were running high at the peak of #SpeakingOut is immaterial. The rumor had been public knowledge for something like 8 months by then. Vito's post was much more relevant to Kylie replying.

davidbix fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Apr 30, 2024

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

JUNGLE BOY posted:

but isn't the absolute earliest source for the kylie / jericho rumors this guy:

https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1188310608753627136

who accounts like ISO Wrestling you quoted (an account that called Swerve a slur 2 days ago btw just for the record) still cite because of these tweets:

https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1196591377242562560
https://x.com/JohnAferris1/status/1741156009626710447

is there an actual legitimate source for these rumors or is this guy what everyone is going off of?
Vito Thomaselli's Facebook post was almost a week before that guy started tweeting about it: https://imgur.com/XHodzKS

He's the original source for the rumor going public. Not that random Twitter account that misinterpreted Vito saying "Chris Jericho's room" as being "locker room" and not the correct "hotel room," which is the more common usage of "X's room" in that kind of context. So, at least publicly, the original source is a longtime Chicago indie wrestler who was outraged at what he had heard from friends in the business and wanted something done about it.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

davidbix posted:

That's it. Tori walking back something that she vaguetweeted when emotions were running high at the peak of #SpeakingOut is immaterial. The rumor had been public knowledge for something like 8 months by then. Vito's post was much more relevant to Kylie replying.

Oh I'm not trying to muddy anything, I just remember a few months back her tweet was brought up and it had to be clarified that it was not related to any Kylie Rae rumor.

At the end of the day, if it is true, and Ric Flair is on the roster, and with additional stories about Jay Lethal and Don Callis, Tony should be very careful with comments toward WWE-- as awesome as the comments were.

(Yes, I'm aware that Vince and WWE are far far worse and deserve to be mentioned at any chance. I'm just saying the moral high ground can't be thin ice.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

if tori says anything theres probably something to it.