Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Can we have a standing agreement to avoid speculation of other involved parties not named or alluded to in the documents until they're revealed? I don't think we need to start adding people to this mess for failing to make a statement in the first x hours of the news breaking.

Yes, Mick and others should absolutely being making statements, but this situation is incredibly messy at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Idk, but if it were me I couldn't put out a statement condemning it and distancing myself from the company fast enough.

Oh, 100%.

rotinaj posted:

While I personally am not gonna start adding people to the do not fly list yet, I am pretty fuckin’ disappointed in a whole shitload of dudes who I thought would be the tiniest bit better than this

That's pretty much all I'm asking. There's deep scouring of WWE's entrenched shitheads that should be happening.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'm sure demand was high for a shirt commemorating a match he won 25 years ago.

Were they still selling that prophetic shirt of his mugshot?

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

81sidewinder posted:

I'm seeing people suggest this, and I just don't buy it. This would require a level of sophistication of blending the booking into real life that they haven't really shown, ever. It's also Dwayne playing heel in this meta-work - something I doubt he would have agreed to.

It's plausible. They already have the precedent for how this works, Danielson's WM30 campaign. Also the thought that Dwayne gives that much of a poo poo about the Rock's alignment is amusing.

In the very least, it is an effective smokescreen for the common viewer.