Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ConsolidatedLard posted:

Barely ever post on here but man, all of this poo poo truly makes me sick.

Incredibly frustrating to see that practically nobody who's actually involved in the industry has had much of anything to say about it. WWE employees, whatever, sure, they're going to keep their mouths shut right now, not surprising, but how little I've seen from people on the indies, in other companies, retired wrestlers, etc., has been a bummer.

Shouldn't really have a high opinion of most pro wrestlers to begin with, just such a lovely way to be reminded of it.

What are they meant to say about it? No matter what they say, there's really little way it won't come off as a bunch of chancers taking the opportunity to dunk on the WWE, and as stated in the post above this, it's also a reasonable possibility that other promotions and companies have their own skeletons that might get dragged out into the light as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

Agreed. Nobody should say anything because of reasons. What if someone who says a bad thing about a bad thing but was also guilty of a bad thing?? The house of cards would tumble to dust. Thank you for your input on the wwe/Vince McMahon trafficking allegations thread. Looking forward to more exciting insights

I have no obligation to defend a position I never took.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wasn’t he “gone” when misconduct surfaced originally, only for there to be a backdoor for him to exploit his way back into the company?

I hope this means he’s gone-gone, unlike last time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apparently talent have been told to not talk about what's happened and to instead talk about the Royal Rumble event. I guess she was trying to turn the conversation back towards that topic after a direct question about it affecting talent.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

"Oddly" it never comes up.

He’s spent the better part of the last two decades downplaying the extent of their relationship in the 90s, and IIRC, in his work-out book-and-autobiography Making The Game, which was written during the reign of terror and is also where those gurning weightlifting photos come from, she’s downgraded to “workout buddy.”

At the time they also pretty effectively assassinated her character as well. Poor woman deserved better.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I keep wondering how long this has been going on for, to be honest. I can't imagine the victim at the centre of this and the hush money scandal was the only one to be treated in this way.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Rita Chatterton was 30+ years ago

MassRafTer posted:

This is one where you can just go back and forth making yourself more depressed. The earlier allegations we have details on were so different but have creepy details that foreshadow the details in this case. The promises made to Rita, the insane staring and arrogance in the Florida case, and the cases we know nothing about... the payment to the former wrestler was so gigantic it seems to imply something truly awful.

Yeah, that's where I started thinking about this. It's definitely a horrible rabbit hole to fall down, and considering the involvement of Brock Lesnar in the current case, it also makes me wonder about other top level talent where women victimised by Vince McMahon and pals were used to sweeten deals during negotiations, and how many people in the locker room during this period were aware. I'd believe it if someone way down the card who's at risk of being cut during the annual bloodletting or toiling away in NXT says "mate don't look at me, I had no idea," but I'm pretty sure the top half of the card is full of good Germans, you know?

I don't know about anyone else, but it feels to me like we're only just scratching the surface of McMahon's extra-curriculars.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You 100% have to think there was probably something up through Moolah too

Oh yeah, not a shred of doubt on my end.

Lid posted:

Hell the likelihood she pimped her girls out to him is 100%.

Also, oh yeah, not a shred of doubt.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vengarr posted:

From reading the complaint, it definitely didn’t seem like his first time grooming a victim.

Yeah, it's never just the one victim, and we know there've been payments and NDAs going back decades.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

It's funny that Cody made a point to describe wwe as a big family, while aew is the company that acts like a family. Maybe he meant another kind of family

Yeah, these fuckers.

Jiro posted:

For those unaware there's a SIX PART "Behind the Bastards" podcast series of eps that just focus on Vince. Vince has been a shitstain since like the late 70's that only got worse as his success grew.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWG4T50nSYbPQ5SfiYmNIwGIITj3ymauu&si=nyPZi_YOriO3KCsQ

Gonna have to give that a listen. I used to to listen to that podcast, but I couldn't keep up with their output.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Twitter video sucks poo poo. Bischoff's put this up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbebTBz8Ag

And here's Jarrett talking about it on his podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Cpa0SLXW8

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ded posted:

at no point did JJ say an actual bad thing about vince in that video. in fact he went out of his way to imply that vince could somehow redeem himself because "he was still alive"

:negative:

He's got a lot, and by that I mean "probably a few lifetimes-worth," of work to do.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I remember reading the affidavit, and feeling that Vince McMahon and his cronies deserved to have every word of that document carved on their faces with a rusty knife.

I now believe that the 67-page document from the current allegations should also be carved onto their faces. Every single word.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

God I hope he loving rots. What a miserable pile of poo poo disguised as a human being.

Pretty harsh on Paul London.

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I remember wryly it'd be amazing if she learned to wrestle and never knew she... wasn't allowed to.

I wasn't aware of her attempt to train being sabotaged. I'd just assumed that they just hadn't bothered to do so. I'm just amazed at this company's ability to continuously find ways to take something bad and find ways to make it worse.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Also Cane Dewey. For real, this time.

Why?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

stab posted:

Cause Dewey worked for WWE until last year

The way the original poster framed his comment, it implies it's in relation to Mick's alleged knowledge of what happened to Ashley Massaro. Dewey Foley was 14 at the time it happened.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

To humour Dutch Mantell, yes, he is probably guilty of what he’s accused of. It’s a pattern of behaviour that can be traced to the 80s with Rita Chatterton at least, and with poo poo we probably don’t even know about, and very likely from earlier than that. It’s never just the one victim with people, so-called, like Vince McMahon.

And besides, Brian Zane put it nicely - they can’t all be lying.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I've been thinking about this video about Irish politics in the late 90s, specifically the preamble for the last week or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0wAbQUMfWs

I wonder how many others in Vince's orbit have just had their personal doomsday clocks tick closer to midnight.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Porrima posted:

Using nuclear warfare on these people might be seen as disproportionate, but is probably fine

If, along with Vince McMahon, people like Dunn, Johnny Ace and anyone else that was an active participant in the exploitation and victimisation of god knows how many women, or took part in the cover-up are banished from the industry and live the rest of their lives in obscurity and irrelevance, I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

This whole thing with The Rock getting the main event in itself also does give some idea of the level of disconnect that exists between the executive level and WWE creative, so-called, considering when Rock became a board member and was given the WM40 main event, no one bothered letting creative know. End result, they appeared to be going full steam ahead with Cody finishing the story, only to have to pull the rug out from underneath him. The left had has no idea what the right hand is doing.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Meltzer is now saying creative knew and Triple H booked the Rumble the way he did regardless.

How does this company keep finding ways to make themselves look worse? At a certain point, it just becomes a performance art.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

McMahon being the wrestling equivalent of Harvey Weinstein is pretty much the least surprising thing, but it's nice to have confirmation.

I mean

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cavauro posted:

edit: the "sean" in that tweet refers to that kayfabe commentaries guy in case anyone didn't know and wants to

Oh, OK. I was wondering why no one was making GBS threads on X-Pac.

Actually, now I'm kind of dreading what he might have to say about it.

yea ok posted:

https://x.com/IANdrewDiceClay/status/1755974697588580491?s=20

So I guess nobody wants this new shirt I found?

I'll take twelve! Oh wait no, I meant to say Kevin Nash can gently caress off and die.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 10, 2024

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

UnleashedDad posted:

I think we can firmly put Cena not only in the "knew what's up" category but also in "partook and is hoping nothing else comes out". That's a man that is flailing unnecessarily if I ever saw one. He's got a guilty mind.

Feel like you're jumping the gun here. He probably knew some extent of what was going on - Meltzer's words were (paraphrasing a bit here) "everybody knew some aspect of [it], but few knew the full extent of the depravity" and I'm hoping he falls into that category.

gently caress him for leaping to Vince's defence though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

for gently caress's sake watch the goddamn video first before you go off

Really?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

I feel like Orton gave what would have been the best response for any top-level WWE guy so far, but it falls flat because it's Orton saying it.

I’d say Rollins had a much better response. To sum up:

-Never saw that side of Vince McMahon, so it’s shocking and jarring
-Hearing the details of the allegations was horrible and disgusting
-If it’s true, then everyone involved deserves what’s coming to them

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Christ, I hope the people that drugged her get outed too. loving animals.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I remember that being the case.

He may not have been directly involved, but probably knows where a bunch of bodies are buried.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think it’s somewhat notable when anyone speaks out against them even if it’s not introducing any new information, especially when it’s someone like Rousey who has said many horrible and lovely things in the past. It’s nice to see even a broken clock sees them for who they are and can apparently confirm that it’s even still a gross boys club from her own short run there.

Yeah, I'm really struggling to see anything really wrong with what Rousey said here. Considering how she was immediately presented as a big deal almost immediately, I think it's fairly likely that she may have been insulated from a lot of the kind of poo poo that the women hired around the time of, or via, the Diva Search probably got subjected to.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

He should really have just not tweeted. Perfect situation to just shut up.

Don't worry, he didn't just tweet his explanation.

He made sure no one could comment on his tweet.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rotinaj posted:

I would actually be fully behind seeing Vince McMahon get the rights to the nwa from Billy corgan and see what he would do with it

I am pretty sure that toots mondts will drill his way out of his grave from spinning so fast

Ed: Abe Lincoln might loving rise from his grave at that rate

I'd prefer Vince McMahon to not get any rights away from anyone, even if its for a product as contemptible as the NWA, and for him to gently caress off forever into obscurity and irrelevance - ideally after being drained dry by all manner of lawsuit and prosecutions from Janel Grant and however many other women there are out there that got targeted and victimised by that geriatric shitgoblin.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

rotinaj posted:

would be really… interesting, at least

Well, that's certainly one way of putting it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don’t forget the rugby scrum instead of kickoff that injured players before the game even started

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oaf02lcJ7g

They started a football game with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

weekly font posted:

It wasn’t a scrum it was a two man sprint for the ball and someone was injured during the first one

I just don’t understand how one could confuse a scrum and two blokes having a sprint.