Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

If a settlement is what Ms Grant needs for at least a little bit of closure I hope she gets it. But if she wants to drag those motherfuckers publicly and have her day in court I hope she does. But it would likely be years away due to all the legal bullshit WWE would pull.

It depends on the case but TKO right feels very much in the Settle any cases that have merit to make them go away mode cause of Cung Le lawsuit. They settled with MLW when they couldn't stop it going to Discovery. I feel they very much will just want this to go away and despite Vince's bluster will probably settle sooner rather than later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vince treating a legal NDA like the wrestling contracts he signs but doesn't like sure is something

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sponsor's dropping is 100% gonna change the attitude of the board and Ari if they weren't planning to get rid of him already

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The new sponsors pulling out is big as it took years for them to build up relationships with better sponsors and its all going away and even if Vince leaves it might be impossible to get back

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I expected him to fight it to the end but he's really gone god drat

also yeah don't stop digging so many more that need to get named and run out

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I'll believe it when I see it.

As long as Netflix is satisfied, id put money on them just axing Vince, settling with Ms Grant and all the other women they know about, *maybe* making a sizable donation to a charity like RAINN for good PR, and then hoping we forget about it.

I actually think they will use this to do a house cleaning but not to clean up the company but because they want to cut jobs. They probably won't touch executives or the real higher up though

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

So no one else is going to face ramifications? To sponsors and WWE fans it's just "one bad egg"?

gently caress this company.

Don't worry they'll probably fire/lay off a bunch of rank and file employees cause of this (but not executives)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

If reporters keep the heat on and keep asking questions it won't be the end but given wrestling media this probably is it :(

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Definitely think HHH is gonna do the press conference now cause he thinks it's blown over but I doubt t anyone will ask hard questions and the ones that would probably aren't gonna be allowed access/or called on

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Thankfully my friends are doing ok, just kind of in shock. Probably similar to how wrestlers felt after Jay Briscoe's death, someone who was really well liked in the field and very nice to everyone gone in an instant.

Best of wishes and appreciate the break down here

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Punk really closing the circle on the punk lifestyle by being a good corporate soldier during this huh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Punk post WWE very much went after them for stuff like the blood money shows and it makes his silence/shilling for the Rumble even more disgusting cause it's clear he's being silent for the money. Plus you know if he didn't gently caress up in AEW he wouldn't have to do this

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like while I understand the talent that just shows up to work and doesn't speak out on anything cause I get it, need money and not a lot of wrestling jobs out there....I am disappointed they aren't speaking out cause this could force actual change on the company

But if you have actively spoken out before and are silent now? Yeah that's a big scumbag approach

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I suspect WWE is also gonna be used to test the ad system for live content so they can show sports leagues they can do it like TV or even better.

When you look at the deal closely it's clear Netflix actually holds all the cards and while not bad for WWE I'm not sure it's a good deal.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Johnny Ace does feel like a name that may slip through the cracks even if reporters keep covering the case but he 100% needs to be more shamed and feel consquences

Looking back at HHH press conference last night and the more you look at his answer the worse it gets cause not only it's bad morally it sure does open the door for business reporters to look closely at things. Top level executive ignoring something that 100% affected business sure does raise flags for share holders

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You 100% have to think there was probably something up through Moolah too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah that's kinda of what i was getting after...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

There is also a danger for a non wrestling person to not get why Vince has such power over talent and not able to see that part of the picture whereas a Wrestling person may default to "Well that's just wrestling" for somethings

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sadly Hodgson was proven to be a liar which was a big blow to a lot of the outrage at the time and the more i look back at it the more mad I'm at him for doing it cause if he didn't lie this stuff could of stuck

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The NY64 definitely opened my eyes to the details on the ring boy scandal that I just didn't know of before hand. I thought the Owen death would win out but the more that I read on it the more horrified I became and ended up swearing of WWE

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

That feud with CAA and the Weinstein comments are really going to haunt him. His enemies are going to smell blood in the water and see if they can humiliate him over this.

TKO immediately scheduling a Saudi UFC show using Vince to book it sure was something

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Johnny turning on Vince is a clear sign Vince doesn't have power which may open the flood gates for people that know stuff but we're afraid to come forward cause of Vince's power

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm thinking one of the unnamed execs who isn't named Paul is gonna probably flip to save themselves too

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The text messages probably really help as well as their awful real evidence that you can't explain away like some try to do for the allegations

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

bartok posted:

Was anyone into those bikini contest and gravy matches besides Vince and his buddies back in the day? Even as a horny teen I never found it titillating just made me embarrassed to be a wrestling fan.

They always died with the live crowd even during peak Attitude era crowds that would usually lap up T&A and sex appeal. Just awful segments that very much were designed to humiliate people

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the amount of NDA's out there it could be a case like the Cung Le lawsuit and TKO may not be able to settle just cause of the precedence it'll set. They might have to fight it for sometime despite not really being able to fight both suits at the same time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It is amazing that Ari publicly hasn't had any blowback yet though with more reporting hopefully that changes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the press conference and Dwayne joining the board I actually believe that timeline, especially since they had Vince there hyping it up (if they knew the lawsuit was coming they 100% wouldn't have had Vince there).

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

The best we can hope for is a series of exposes causes the stock to crash and large scale purges combined with UFC losing their class action lawsuit leading to TKO being sold off for parts to the funniest possible people.

Giving us Bjorn Rebney owned UFC, WWE dead and the tape library owned by Tony Khan.

The UFC lawsuit makes me think TKO is gonna fight this cause if they start settling it'll kill the stock just from the sheer volume they'd have to settle from other potential suits. But if this gets to Discovery and isn't sealed they'll be hosed

I guess they try and blame it all on Vince and try and say he should be the target and TKO shouldnt

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Grem posted:

Can you even settle antitrust lawsuit? Seems like that defeats the purpose but also ironically the funniest outcome possible.

The Cung Le anti-trust is a civil suit so I think they can settle(don't hold me to it), it's just Class action with the potential of up to 1000 fighters being involved so any settlement could be as devastating as losing in court. It's why they went to Discovery instead of just paying the money when it wasn't thrown out, it's has the potential to be in the hundreds of million on the low end along with also setting precedent to allow other fighters not in the case to sue as well

It's why TKO settled with MLW, they 100% want to be focusing on this case as they have to win or the company is in big trouble. So of course a big Sex trafficking/Abuse/Rape civil suit is 100% not what they want to deal with right now. But again we know there's multiple NDA's out from Vince and chances are there is more we haven't heard of or people afraid to come forward. As much as TKO would like this to go away the losses if they settle and don't fight it could potentially be big so they're probably going to have to fight this even if Discovery is gonna be horrible for them

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I really hope this leads to others speaking up cause God drat do I want justice on this case

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah Linda isn't gonna open up cause she's got her own skeletons and has done her own evil despite the fact she probably hates Vince

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1756435645499683184

Bruce with a very unbelievable no answer but from a legal POV it's probably the best thing he could say (He 100% knows stuff given how often Vince brought him back)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

And I get the fear from the women cause if the reporter didn't get the power a booker/promoter has or treat wrestling seriously there is a chance the allegations won't stick.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hell one of the reasons the steroid stuff didn't stick in the 90's is the public really didn't care like it ended up doing for Baseball cause it was wrestling...It being fake means it really shouldn't matter that people are taking steroids.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The other people in the Ring Boy scandal being willing to speak is gonna be explosive

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I could maybe give WWE talent the benefit of the doubt that they didn't get the full scale of what was going/thought it was maybe just wrestler BS if they came out denouncing it and looked inward for how they helped enabled. But Cena's response 100% doesn't deserve that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

As bad as the NXT reports are i do wonder if OVW and earlier developmental might have even worse stories that haven't gotten out cause wrestling

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nick Khan being named is kinda of shocking but also feels really huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I was a bit shocked it was Khan at first but than when I looked just a bit beneath the surface it made sense and actually really explains how Vince let Khan get a lot of power in the company quickly