Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Fart Radio posted:

my biggest fear is that at this point vince's resignation would grab enough headlines for them to allow the other executives to survive

that's exactly what's going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
very disgusting and funny(?) watching stans scramble and diffuse the pile of implications that Papa H is Executive Number 1 while the narrative they've built over the past few years of him being the brave good hero disintegrates

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Long-Time Lurker posted:

What do the WWE stans think of what Papa H did to Chyna?

"it was so touching how they acknowledged her at the DX hall of fame induction 🥹"

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
machete guy sucks. it's nice to know that Seanbaby is a good guy though after my introduction to him being crude edited Hostess ads twenty years ago

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dawgstar posted:

Not to get to into the weeds but Seanbaby figured out how to do the bare minimum of being a decent person and a comedian was figuring out who not to punch down at so he pivoted to making fun of like terrible PUA books and such. He actually, unlike a lot of wrestling personalities, adapted with the time.

oh yeah I listen to his podcast now and he regularly has trans guests and shits on the right people. real pleasant surprise

hmm I'm no Corporate Officer Number One, but this seems bad

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Orange Carlisle posted:

why should we believe you, mr. whoolighams - if that is your real name

I didn't read this post and anyway, it's been an amazing week for my posts and how much money my posts make

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
THIS. IS. A. MOMENT! 🔥 🔥 🔥

absolutely amazed things could actually Matter

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

81sidewinder posted:

I'm seeing people suggest this, and I just don't buy it. This would require a level of sophistication of blending the booking into real life that they haven't really shown, ever. It's also Dwayne playing heel in this meta-work - something I doubt he would have agreed to.

I know the prevailing justified attitude toward WWE is "lol lmao" but I think they might be smart enough to do this, especially as part of TKO or Endeavor or what have you

it would take something like this for Rocky to be heelish & them to deliver something this successful, but also I love believing the more interesting chaos option so I could be biased

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I think it's more that the women weren't confident in the NYT reporters' ability to adequately report on the story than their deciding not to pursue the story because they didn't understand wrestling.

"uh isn't all this fuckin fake?"

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MassRafTer posted:

Wrestling fans can't grasp how the boys sided with Patterson, Phillips and Garvin due to the protect the business mantra and even made fun of their victims openly and on the air. I don't expect non-fans to easily understand how scripting humiliating segments and trying to bury talent on screen is different than actors having to do degrading stuff in a movie or TV show. Let alone the deeper, darker poo poo that goes on and is seen as normal.

I absolutely think there is a major barrier in outsiders understanding all the levels and nuances in how hosed up wrestling can be. it being a joke and nowhere near movies or TV gives abusers this level of protection from being a sideshow no one takes seriously in mainstream journalism

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Dango Bango posted:

No way would Tony Khan limit his theses at 95

105 theses with overrun

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

MJeff posted:

What the gently caress was that Nick Khan quote about past standards applied to present actions?

EDIT: Found it. Leslie making a rare appearance outside of the stupid wrestling fan thread.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1615756262322442240

So he said this in January 2023. They made this policy in June 2023. Ooooooookay, dude.

Leslie as of today is a WWE fan too lol

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
it's going to be used as a complete dismissal of charges by fed stans and probably beyond that. think about how many people think the Heard/Depp trial completely exonerated Depp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

lol Rupar. the longstanding tradition of outsiders being worked because they don't know how many layers of bullshit there are