Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

So no one else is going to face ramifications? To sponsors and WWE fans it's just "one bad egg"?

gently caress this company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

keithy george posted:

I imagine the Slim Jim loss was the worst look TKO could imagine and scrambling to fill a hole of pointless poo poo for the Miz and LA Knight to do, so they could say "You didn't like Vince? He's gone. Come back or we'll sue you for breach of contract". Sorry if you bought 50 boxes of slim jims to celebrate.

I'm a vegetarian

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Here I am, cheering for Ronda in this one specific area.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

MassRafTer posted:

It beats thinking about a very rough couple of days (I'm personally ok, just a few deaths that rocked everyone in my circle) in conjunction with the Cuomo case makes it all feel very relevant.

I appreciate the work you do MRT, hope you and your homies well

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

sonicice posted:

The Rumble is nearly sold out and it's happening whether you like it or not. Punk has a job to do so I don't find it that unreasonable that he's watching old rumble matches to prepare for that.

I'd like to see what some of you would do put in his position and not just sitting in front of your computer angry posting about it. I'm just sure you would all quit your jobs immediately and burn the world's supply of Slim Jims. :rolleyes:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

poo poo just cancel the game

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Rarity posted:

You're right, MRT should start a podcast :hmmyes:

Yeah, I was gonna say MRT

I also miss the Monumental Podcast

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

MassRafTer posted:

Wow it's only been a week since the last episode.

Well this thread has led to some good news, thanks MRT, i must've lost the feed with Google Podcasts making GBS threads the bed

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

davidbix posted:

In case it's not becoming clear: Though Marchman is an outlier as...

1. A wrestling geek.
2. With extensive experience in trauma-informed reporting of both sex trafficking and sexual abuse more broadly.
3. A female reporting partner (Anna Merlan) who's also great at #2.

...a bunch of outlets are working on stories right now. It seems like the Janel Grant lawsuit was the tipping point for a lot of outlets taking this seriously and devoting investigative reporting resources to WWE. Whether it's the scope, that it's a trafficking case, and/or that the specific allegations are so disturbing and well-documented, it seems to be getting through to media much more than past scandals.

It's about time this poo poo is taken seriously and it's much worse than anyone even fathomed. May the fed burn.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Vince wild thinking that Christian was ugly, when Vince went out in public looking like a melted Timothy Dalton

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

pressedbunny posted:

There's no legal punishment for Vince and Laurinaitis which would be appropriate; I'm hoping for a Lady Vengeance kind of scenario. All the other men who took part, enabled, and covered for them can rot and die in prison.

I wish I could be more constructive, but all I've felt since this news broke is rage and hatred.

I like the way you think

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Evil Badman posted:

It's plausible. They already have the precedent for how this works, Danielson's WM30 campaign. Also the thought that Dwayne gives that much of a poo poo about the Rock's alignment is amusing.

In the very least, it is an effective smokescreen for the common viewer.

The Rock has proven to time and time again he is always gotten to. He's gonna be the hero. He wants people to love him.

And great post on HGH Kalensc.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/flyinbrianc89/status/1756079654379651406?s=46

Well Nash it was nice of you to burn all the goodwill you have built over years for this of all things.

gently caress you Nash

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Didn't someone say Bitchard is Vince's proxy back stage?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Nothing is gonna convince fed fans to stop watching this poo poo

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

rotinaj posted:

I don’t think I have ever heard a true crime podcast or other piece of media do a pro wrestling story and actually get the entire story, be it Benoit, snuka, misawa or anything else

Even when the my favorite murder podcast hosts did wrestling true crime and one of them is married to a wrestling superfan, they still missed a lot of stuff about Benoit

Was it from the era where they just read the Wikipedia articles?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Dimebags Brain posted:

Hey just want to say I appreciated listening to this and having everything just coherently laid out. It's a shame I can't beam it directly into someone's ears because sadly the people that most need to hear this aren't going to listen to a 60 minute podcast about the subject.

It should be required listening to the three people that still watch WWE in earnest here. But also yes, should be beamed into people's minds. Always appreciate your work MRT

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

It was about time

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

gently caress off Jim

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

KungFu Grip posted:

apologize to loser paul

I would never

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

MJeff posted:

What the gently caress was that Nick Khan quote about past standards applied to present actions?

EDIT: Found it. Leslie making a rare appearance outside of the stupid wrestling fan thread.

https://twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1615756262322442240

So he said this in January 2023. They made this policy in June 2023. Ooooooookay, dude.

Cool. And people still give money to this company.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Love that MJeff

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

MassRafTer posted:

Why would people in WWE rib someone for stuff they agree with?

Yeah, they would just ask her to join bible study

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

TinTower posted:

I hope, for their sakes, those Paul Levesque chants at the Hall of Fame don't age horribly.

I hope they do

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Vince probably bought an rear end load of Dude Wipes™️

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

pressedbunny posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering, and this new headline has taken over search results, but didn't the original accusation mention a personal trainer being one of the guys Vince had on speed dial to enable/cover up/take part in rape and/or trafficking?
In any case, given the nature of his crimes and how much he (allegedly, I guess we have to say) boasted and shared them with anyone in earshot, I'd be surprised if his trainer didn't know everything.

Physical therapist, but yeah

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Hey, gently caress WWE

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I can't look at Cody and take anything he says as sincere. He's just a corporate shill.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I guess all the WWE fans are about to #StandupforWWE at the polls. Truly disgusting.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

TinTower posted:

So what's the over/under on how long it'll take WWE to send out Andrade to tell a horror story about Tony stealing the last ham sandwich in catering one week? Because that's what tends to happen with this sort of news.

Waiting for another CM Punk interview

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Hes selling to Vince

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Sir Tonk posted:

https://x.com/sheslaydaily/status/1783965604334215574

Seeing some very curious responses to Tony's comparison this week.

Is there any evidence that he's got more people than Jericho with issues? And was there ever anything solid on the Jericho accusations?

There's a whole lot of wwe fans using this to minimize the Vince stuff. It's all so twisted

This sounds like something Cornette has spread as fact

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Cody would have totally hugged this dude of he was at WrestleMania

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Elephant Ambush posted:

I hope he's experiencing maximum misery from not being able to be a workaholic dictator anymore

I agree 100%

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Once a stooge, always a stooge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

CombineThresher posted:

They are very, very stupid and have no media training, much less the good sense to know when to keep your trap shut. A lot of them seem to be fash or fash-adjacent as well.

So makes sense he worked with WWE