Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
On the identity of “WWE Superstar”, the two key points that indicate it being Brock Lesnar are as follows:

quote:

195. On August 26, 2021, [sic] WWE held its second biggest annual event, SummerSlam, in Las Vegas' Allegiant Stadium. Around this time, McMahon and WWE Superstar privately reached an informal agreement about his return.

The two most high-profile returns around (and indeed, at) SummerSlam 2021 were Brock Lesnar and Becky Lynch. Obviously, it’s not Becky.

quote:

25. Even after pushing Ms. Grant out of the Company and muzzling her with an NDA, McMahon continued efforts to exploit her, including attempting to traffic her to a WWE star who would be in New York City for a live event and TV taping in March 2022.
[…]
228. On or around March 4, 2022, WWE Superstar messaged Ms. Grant that he was in New York. In line with McMahon's orders, Ms. Grant texted WWE Superstar explicit pictures.
229. On March 27, 2022, WWE Superstar reached out to Ms. Grant again. Ms. Grant interpreted these back-to-back advances as an indication of McMahon's continued control.

Lesnar worked both the MSG house show on March 6th and the SmackDown taping at the Barclays Center on March 26th. Lesnar working the house show was kind of weird even at the time – his last non-PPV match was squashing Kofi on the first FOX SmackDown in 2019, and Lesnar’s opponent at MSG, Austin Theory, was only told he was working an hour before the match. Sure, it was MSG and they wanted to further the Roman feud, but why not do it on TV on SmackDown?

There’s also some other less concrete stuff in the suit, such as the former UFC Heavyweight Champion (who may or may not be also Brock) who Vince was already sharing images of Grant with, the word “Brock” fitting in the redacted part of the “tool won’t fit” text message, and the fact that WWE Superstar is high-profile enough that Vince had him flown into New York to negotiate directly.

Also, the original creative plan for late 2021 was for Finn Bálor to have a much longer feud with Roman Reigns, until Lesnar’s return changed plans, which indicates the return was cutting it close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Punk himself admitted to assaulting women in shoot interviews back when. He’s old school wrestling bad and always has been a pretty lovely guy

Yeah, just search “CM Punk bikini girl”.

Pre-2010 wrestlers being skeevy sex pests is like 70s rock stars being skeevy sex pests: it was part of the culture and they all loving did it.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

God, it's so loving gross they shoved Bayley onto the presser first so the journalists would feel bad about asking her questions about Janel Grant.

https://twitter.com/Nick_Hausman/status/1741339105638711451

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

"I don't want to focus on the negatives, I want to focus on the positives."

Tony Khan answered the Jericho questions better and all he did was say "no comment" while wearing Toni Storm's furry hat and sunglasses.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nick_Hausman/status/1741359489553404277

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

He was executive producer of NXT when Bill DeMott was doing all that poo poo down to a good half of the Performance Center.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Then Rene implies hes heard some horrible poo poo about Johnny and the Bella family.

Is it the same rumour that’s been going around for years?

I think when Maria Kanellis brought it up, she was trying to imply wrong-doing on the Bellas’ part, but given what we now know, it’s just another example of how sick the culture at Titan Towers is.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

It's not wrestling, it's not entertainment, it's not Philip J Fry, and since when was it a the?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

The fedbrains are really going all-in on the idea that the rot stopped at Vince and Laurinitis, and that Triple H is just some smol bean who was completely unaware of what was going on and that both Unnamed-Wrestler-Who-Is-Probably-Mox-or-Jericho and Meltzer are just grinding axes by pointing out the obvious conclusion that HHH, if not Corporate Officer #1, was almost certainly aware of what was going on.

After all, it’s not as if Vince was really secretive of the fact he was a serial predator. The amount of “hiding in plain sight” promos and vignettes over the years put the likes of Jimmy Savile to shame.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Why is "smol bean" being used so much? Is it a reddit thing?

It’s more a tumblr aphorism. Both I and the tweeter in question are using it in the sarcastic way that it’s evolved into (as in, attacking the idea that Triple H has a childlike innocence so you better not make any simple observations about his likely involvement in any sexual misconduct cases.)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Apparently the TKO board have been pushing Roman vs. Rock so the jingling keys would distract people from the sex trafficking scandal, and all it's done has remind people that WWE corporate sucks and WWE creative sucks.

You get what you loving deserve.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Corporate Officers #1 and #2 have reportedly been named as Nick Khan (President) and Brad Blum (COO).

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

They've also alleged CO#3 to be Stephanie and CO#4 to be WWE's former general council Brian Nurse.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

#4 knew from the outset that McMahon and Grant were in a sexual relationship and created a hostile work environment because it, which was exacerbated when she brought up the issue of PEDs in the XFL

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

If Stephanie knew, HHH knew.

Also, the guy who presses the button to go from camera 1 to camera 3 knew; HHH definitely knew.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

loose goose posted:

I think there's an important distinction here between acknowledging the reports and what she's saying here. While she hasn't pointed a finger or named names, she is a primary source who worked there and surely is saying this because she heard or saw something during her time there, no?

Additionally, I saw someone on Rddit post a fuller excerpt to provide context to the quote from her book. The last sentence stands out to me:

The second worst thing to happen to women’s professional wrestling in the West suddenly realised that he could make money from 51% of the population, and as such, gave the women on the roster a WrestleMania match named after the worst thing.

Which he then promptly forgot about two years later.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Khan's answer very much is "please don't look into my past I've got some nasty skeletons there"

I wonder why Corporate Officer No. 1 would rather the feds not look too closely into this.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

They’ll probably just ignore it whilst circle-jerking over the Punk interview.

A more cynical person would think that Vince/WWE chose today to drop the “oh yeah, my son in law knew” bombshell.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Whoolighams posted:

it's going to be used as a complete dismissal of charges by fed stans and probably beyond that. think about how many people think the Heard/Depp trial completely exonerated Depp

Already is, if my Twitter mentions are to go by; I’ve got people (including WWEGareth, eww) trying to argue that Khan and Levesque weren’t aware of Vince’s exploitation of Grant despite a) one of them being Corporate Officer #1 and b) Vince making gang-rape jokes about her to pretty much anyone who would listen.

It’s so ridiculous that I’ve got someone pretending to be Baldrick from Blackadder throwing ableist slurs around. :psyduck:

And transphobia, of course, because apparently if you say “pronouns in bio” enough that lets you pretend WWE is not a corporate hellhole.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Pollock and Thurston did bring up a good point that I think people might’ve skimmed past in the NY Post article: the “love letter” published is clearly from the internal investigation.

Why didn’t Vince submit his own copy as evidence? 🤔

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

I hope, for their sakes, those Paul Levesque chants at the Hall of Fame don't age horribly.

Fair play to Heyman for burying Vince, but the "Vince is gone, and that means all the problems are too" attitude I'm seeing from people is just sickening me.

Let's just ignore the fact that Vince's fixer still runs the show, WWE are providing backdoor support for Vince in the lawsuit, or that Vince is still making tons of money from WWE's success, everything's fine because Heyman got a little shooty at the HoF.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Why wouldn't Vince hang out with his best friend? It's clear from his own conduct that he doesn't see Trump's as a dealbreaker.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I'm sure some things involving the case are coordinated.

The copy of the "love letter" that got leaked by the NY Post from the McMahon team came from the internal investigation and not Vince's own devices.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Shard posted:

also just remembering the love of naming things extreme in the late 90s and early aughts but spelling it like xtreme. That is a drat moment in time to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDaKTTZtJZY

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Kenny Omega last night insinuated that Rossy Ogawa, formerly of Stardom, is well known in the Japanese scene to be a pedophile.

Which isn't a surprise given he's previously published gravure books containing talent who were minors, and only this week his new WWE-backed promotion were looking to sign unattached teenagers.

So, uh, does Titan Towers have a quota system for sex pests or something?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

So what's the over/under on how long it'll take WWE to send out Andrade to tell a horror story about Tony stealing the last ham sandwich in catering one week? Because that's what tends to happen with this sort of news.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

CellBlock posted:

Also, I'm not a lawyer, but there's also (I think) a decent argument that if the conduct in Ms. Grant's complaint happened, an NDA to not disclose it is an unconscionable contract. (And if so, maybe she wouldn't get to keep the million dollars she got up front, but that presumably would be factored against any damages she would win which would presumably be much more.)

I'm not sure if that's part of the case or not. (I don't recall if Grant's complaint includes anything about the NDA possibly being unenforceable at all, or just that Vince breached it by failing to pay.)

Grant's argument is that the NDA is no longer effective because Vince stopped paying, and also that it was never enforceable to begin with because both arbitration clauses and non-disclosure agreements in relation to sexual misconduct are now illegal.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

JD McDonagh is still in the dominant heel faction on Raw because he's Finn's friend, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, the prospect of a "legally sound but morally reprehensible" ruling to take it to arbitration is a distinct possibility.

Best hope is for the NDA to get struck down under common law, I guess.