Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Glad to know my values align with the pepperoni company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is Paul IRL as close with Brock as he appears on-screen? If so it strains credibility that he wouldn't have some visibility into what he was up to.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's Scherer so he's obviously not a serious person but holy balls this reads like parody.

quote:

For years, a lot of fans couldn’t stomach supporting WWE because of Vince, for various reasons. I always understood their position. For at least a decade now, he was someone I found to be personally reprehensible, and that was before I saw the texts that were in Grant’s lawsuit. As the product got better and better, I heard from many of those people who now felt conflicted, they wanted to watch but they didn’t want to support McMahon in any way. I understood that. The sale of the company made it a bit better. Endeavor’s braintrust realized that Paul Levesque, not Vince McMahon, was responsible for the great creative that was fueling the company’s growth. Vince was pushed to, as Mike Johnson called it, “The Stan Lee role”. But, unlike Lee, Vince was never the likable creator of the universe that was sold to the bigger company, so fans still could feel antsy about him being a part of WWE.

Well now folks, those days are over. Ding Dong The Dingle’s Dead! Vince is gone. Any guilt you felt about supporting or enjoying the product has gone with him.

Any new potential sordid chapter in his lurid story? Not WWE or our problem, it’s all his.

So as you sit down to watch the Rumble tonight, do it in clear conscience and have a great time. The cloud has lifted.

To quote the end of Nash’s song, now that Vince is gone I feel like…

“It's gonna be a bright (bright), Bright (bright) sunshiny day!”

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Thankfully my friends are doing ok, just kind of in shock. Probably similar to how wrestlers felt after Jay Briscoe's death, someone who was really well liked in the field and very nice to everyone gone in an instant.

Sorry to hear, brother. Your friends are lucky to have you.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just got banned from reddit, most likely because I asserted, not even that strongly, that Hunter was Corporate Officer 1 because I really haven't posted anything else in years.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Endorph posted:

to be clear you probably got banned from just one subreddit. if you actually got banned from the entire site you probably got mistaken for a bot somehow

Maybe it's a separate glitch? I don't use Reddit a ton and post even less, but I couldn't log in at all and I was able to rereg under my existing email address because there wasn't an account associated with it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

"garaged parking" is a perk?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Coaaab posted:

is hunner really the best politicking dude in wrestling history?

He's pretty up there. Look at where he is today compared to, say, Hogan. And he's got Inoki beat in one key area (being alive)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I misread this as incinerated. Too bad Glenn Jacobs is a Libertarian.

We have Hechicero now to light people the gently caress up

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Even just what he said on Twitter about people being angrier about Cody than Vince is a story. There's an important story there about what is actually important to WWE fans and co -opted media which would counter WWE's efforts to astroturf over it with The Rock.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keithy george posted:

She's been using that hashtag since September last year. Probably just oblivious self promotion.

It's still a massive failure to read the room. If you're a woman in wrestling and WWE in particular and still do that, I don't even know.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Only Murders in the Gorilla Position

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dango Bango posted:

This whole statement falls apart when 1) Cena only gives "accountability" a mention and nothing more and 2) he's playing this like Vince was diagnosed with cancer. Not systematically abused and destroyed a person.

Even Stern's framing of it as a guy who 'got into hot water' like he sneezed on the buffet or something is pretty lovely and gave Cena an opportunity to give that lovely response.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't think it has anything to do with Cena but Bryan's said in one of the interviews with Renee that he had literal suicide ideation during the filming of Total Divas

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Shard posted:

jesus did he say why specifically?
He didn't and I'm not going to pathologize but that was when he really really wanted to return to the ring and they just wouldn't clear him. It sounds like that combined with having a camera and John Cena and the Bellas in his face added up to a pretty dark time.

E: you know what, I'm watching this back and he might only be talking about ending his marriage so maybe don't take my word for it. It's 20:00-25:00 here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEiYoY2A83Y

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 22, 2024

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

keithy george posted:

What is this? When has any undercard person ever performed a rib at the behest of someone else?

Bradshaw used to do it on behalf of Vince. Doesn't seem like a huge leap that he'd (or other 'locker room leaders') enlist others to do it too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

There's basically no doubt about any of that. Company culture comes from the top, and what you saw and continue to see is purestrain Vince, and his family and inner circle that continue to foster it in his absence.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Vince wouldn't try to buy another company or start a new one because it wouldn't be The Big Leagues. He's the sort of person who would never allow himself to be anything other than the sole dictator of the biggest and most profitable company

Both versions of the XFL would like a word.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Look if some people love and support the guy there's no way that guy could possibly have victimized people. Show me one example of a recent story about a wrestling promotor that disproves this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

a dumb moron posted:

While I do not doubt she might be a fame/money chasing sociopath, I am very very uncomfortable with binding a woman to the crimes of a guy.

She's doing it herself though.