Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's gonna take more than a *pause* from Slim Jim or any other sponsorship to sink the brand itself

I'd give anything to see it become really consequential to this hosed up company, but people don't need to work themselves up for the crushing disappointment of reality when the next round of ratings roll in and business continues per usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Drakkel posted:

I think Pause is the key word from Slim Jim because that pretty much immediately says ""We're gonna give it a month or two til this poo poo blows over and people are back to fawning over everything WWE does"

yeah, people don't need to get too excited for these upstanding brands who are currently just waiting to see how the wind blows on this situation and they'll immediately be back on board if the PR radiation levels are deemed safe enough

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

sonicice posted:

The Rumble is nearly sold out and it's happening whether you like it or not. Punk has a job to do so I don't find it that unreasonable that he's watching old rumble matches to prepare for that.

I'd like to see what some of you would do put in his position and not just sitting in front of your computer angry posting about it. I'm just sure you would all quit your jobs immediately and burn the world's supply of Slim Jims. :rolleyes:

CM Phil, noted for his dedication to just doing his job despite any extenuating circumstances

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

If I was gonna make that poo poo argument I'd sure pick a better guy to frame as the dedicated professional than the one who has found many reasons to not just do his job in the past, because it just makes it worse that this isn't a bridge too far for him specifically.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I don't entirely trust Glassdoor because you have to write a review to see submitted salaries nowadays, and I could easily see IWC dorks writing bad reviews about the company they hate but watch twice a week like clockwork, but if these are real: lol. lmao.

they seem incredibly plausible to me

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

some bust on that guy posted:

In Dutch's defense, I doubt he made that thumbnail himself. It's likely the host and podcast company he's a part of. It even has the trendy red arrows, hard to believe he would have studied the youtube trends. The podcast on Vince didn't seem bad.

I like this thumbnail with the red arrow and the poo poo emote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcUZswD6_ds

well I believe the other thing because Dutch doesn't deserve the consideration

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

it's pretty clear they would have to be concerned that the old journalistic bias to treat wrestling as an unserious joke would make the already questionable journalistic treatment of women vs. powerful men even worse

something extra hosed up about that when Vince is the person most responsible for wrestling being such a joke to outsiders in the first place, which then loops around into making women he targeted having a harder time being taken seriously

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

That's a rough hashtag to appropriate at any time for some silly character poo poo, much less now

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I used to take a lot of these accusations with a grain of salt because it's really easy for it to all sound very Gay Panic when some dude is talking about a gay man hitting on him out of nowhere

that was pretty stupid and flippant to throw at a whole group of men who were accusing other men who were in a position of power over them, which is a different scenario than the usual homophobic dynamic of dudes who are just paranoid about random gay men in the same spaces as them

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Everything just changes when you add in the power dynamic of someone like Patterson being in a position of authority over these other men who were usually much younger as well

That power imbalance immediately separates any lived experience of an average gay man compared to him, and it's not great to conflate those lived experiences

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

A gay man in a powerful position, who wields that power against other men the same ways as straight men in power were targeting women, doesn't deserve this much leeway no matter the time and place

That's a man who's a powerful abuser first and foremost, and his sexuality comes a distant second from that

He had way more in common with Vince McMahon than he did any normal gay man just living their lives at the time

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

I guess if you've never lived in a country with healthcare this would stand out as a benevolent act

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

cagliostr0 posted:

Conspiracy to conceal human trafficking is something bad enough to even get Rick people

but is it enough to get Nick people

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I just have an incredibly hard time believing his evil side was that well hidden

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

waffle iron posted:

Jfc all you have to do is refuse to comment and say you're still processing the allegations/have faith in the justice system or whatever.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Vince McMahon's abusive and predatory behavior, a complete unknown before this case broke

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

81sidewinder posted:

The level of cruelty at the PC would have been common on many football teams up until the early 2000s and maybe beyond in some areas. You could chalk that up to pro sports and/or rasslin culture and rationalize it pretty easily as part of 'protecting the business'. It was also happening at a satellite facility down in florida and not on the road for TV or at the corporate offices. I don't see that as analogous to the rank and file accepting that the boss is raping an an employee in a boardroom during business hours

The casting couch for total divas, the coverup of the Ashley Massaro assault, the tanning salon incident, Rita Chatterton, etc - that's all brutal, horrible poo poo. I can absolutely see people being aware or vaguely aware and rationalizing that as being years ago, or whatever. Or, simply compartmentalizing to make a living. It's also already been handled in the public's opinion, or maybe even literally litigated would be an easy lie to tell yourself.

Suggesting that tons of people knew the full details of the hell that Janel Grant was going through as recently as the last 3-5 years - I don't buy it. I absolutely buy that somewhere between 2-5 executives beyond Vince and Lauranitis were aware and maybe helped cover it up, absolutely. Maybe a few supervisors or HR folks knew that an underqualified person was being transferred and promoted because she was dating the boss. The idea that everyone from the office drones to the wrestlers to the cameraman on down knew that Vince and Johnny had a violent, cruel, non-consensual relationship with her? I don't see that as likely at all.

For one - If it was that broadly known, the idea that Endeavor paid as much as they did seems impossible to me. WWE would have been a radioactive asset and the NDAs would not have been sufficient to keep this hidden.

My point is that one specific case wasn't needed to realize that Vince wasn't actually a decent person like he comes across in her statement

You don't need to see the worst (currently known) example of someone's abuses to suspect they're awful when so much more has already been out there

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I think everyone at that level of power is just used to everyone under them being invertebrates who will go along with anything to get ahead, and they almost always are

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

coconono posted:

if you're over 25 and swearing life pacts to your sugar daddy who keeps you isolated and insecure feeling, seek help.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

If you're making this post at any age, seek help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

gonna just hold my breath and wait on those Vince criminal convictions to happen