Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

So incapacitate or minecraft him then. Come on TKO you've done worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

For all Vince's attempts to break out of wrestling into the realm of more respected businesses...I wish he had.
If Vince did something the mass media gave a poo poo about the media outcry would be that much louder right now.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

JUNGLE BOY posted:

average wwe fan right now tbh

What we are seeing here is the push and pull between abstraction detachment/Dunbar's Number vs empathy with a slice of tragedy of the masses in the mix.

Can people sever themselves from something important to them knowing that nobody is helped from the gesture and the only person it will ultimately hurt is themselves.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WWE will never learn so long as dumb executives keep going 'lovely product whose fan base has been pared down to diehards, shows no signs of growth and threatens to be a constant wagon of bad press because the person who built it from the ground up is evil even by billionaire standards? Who do I sign this blank check out to?'

How does Netflix think they're going to get 5 billion dollars worth of value from RAW? 5 loving Billion...

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

STONE COLD 64 posted:

it really makes me think more about rena mero's treatment and everything behind it just really sickens me to wonder how everything there happened.

Which in turn makes me think of her current life which...now that we have a better picture of what Brock Lesnar is might be actually be worse

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hey, you don't write for WWE for over 15 years if you don't...hoooo boy. Oh poo poo. Yeah maybe they should investigate Gewirtz while they're at it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Vince probably looked at Brodie and saw the man he could have been if he had a soul.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm wondering if the reason Vince stopped paying the hush money is because he couldn't spend the company funds on it anymore.
Jesus Christ Vince is so rich money isn't real to him anymore. "Spend my own money to keep this quiet? How is that possible?"
I swear; the idea that most of the power in this world belongs to people like Vince is a critical error in the human condition and would probably cause a blue screen if we were actually living in a simulation.

Signed: An unapologetic doomer.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

There's not much left to say until another bomb drops.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hooboy I'm suddenly reminded of the Hank Hippopotamus episode of Bojack. Hope others will come forward.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I feel like the best we can hope for is Vince's inner circle purged from WWE. Anything else is a sad dream in this godsforsaken world.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I never would have guessed Johnny had such a lovely singing voice. Shame the song is so sad.
(I obviously still hope he gets nailed to the loving wall)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I hope this doesn't stop at the women Vince abused. Let's get some looks into the racism and homophobia as well (lest we forget poor Chris Kanyon).

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Is Dave ever much else than a gossip columnist?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That's a loving trifecta of lovely behavior.
1) Overreacting to a minor mistake.
2) Leveraging authority out of spite.
3) Being a loving creep.

Vince never should have tasted a lick of power in his entire gods-forsaken life.
Also now the Kane/Jericho feud makes more sense. of course Vince sees spilled coffee and motivation for a blood feud. Of loving course he does.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1756435645499683184

Bruce with a very unbelievable no answer but from a legal POV it's probably the best thing he could say (He 100% knows stuff given how often Vince brought him back)

Throw him under the bus Johnny. Save yourself. gently caress you but sell out everybody to save your rear end anyway.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

garycoleisgod posted:

This is disgraceful.

Why do you need the harness? Just dump him straight in.

It's over too soon if you do that.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

A white billionaire? No loving way.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

If the ring boy scandal gets more light shined upon it, good. But I don't think it will be the difference between 'forced resignation' and 'prison' for Vince (especially given statute of limitations) and I don't know if it will point a finger at any of Vince's cronies since they weren't his cronies back then. At least I don't think they were.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That feeling when Connor's hero might not have even felt anything for him. That he was just a doll in an ugly T-shirt and jorts programmed to play a role.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

schweens posted:

A friend of mine has worked as a cam op on many reality shows. It's not his personal experience but he was told that John Cena wouldn't let anyone use the bathrooms in his house when filming total divas. Crew members had to drive to the nearest gas station for every piss

That's my John cena total divas scoop

There is so much bullshit in this thread that's so much worse than this but this pisses me off to an irrational level.
What the ever-loving gently caress is wrong with you Cena? Christ. just...can you consider trying to function like an actual human being you loving automaton.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I guess Dave knows who fills his dinner bowl.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Long-Time Lurker posted:

It's high-key frustrating to read more and more stories about WWE being gross when a significant amount of wrestling fans just don't care about any of it. Even when they aren't Fedpilled, they seem to think you are the weirdo for caring too much about WWE being a rape/abuse factory instead of just letting people "enjoy things."

Because no matter how hard people don't watch it won't get any better and they're only depriving themselves.
Individuals will opt for their own happiness over the ability to not help people they've never met in any tangible way in the name of a moral stance.
I voted with my wallet against WWE over a decade ago and it turns out hey, my vote doesn't matter. If I didn't hate WWE so much I'd feel like I cheated myself.
Is this an excuse? Whether it is or it isn't more importantly it's the tragedy of the commons playing out in realtime.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

SirPhoebos posted:

I find it hard to enjoy a show when I suspect that every person on screen is either a sex pest, a victim of sexual assault, or aided and abetted sexual assault.

Distance. Some people feel distant enough from these kind of issues that the guilt doesn't outweigh the benefit of whatever they're engaging with.
I mean I even suffer with this issue with AEW. Jericho. The smoke about him and his sex pest allegations may have passed but Jericho is still a dude who donated to Trump and had Trump Jr on his podcast. You add the multiple allegations against Jay Lethal and Tony deciding to bring in Flair and plug his stupid energy drink and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not just that but how much else is he handwaving that we arn't seeing? It's still probably 1/100th of what WWE has done but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But I still love AEW too much to disengage over it. If something really bad happens in AEW I don't know if the guilt will outweigh my love for AEW. AEW is important to me because it exists as proof that even in this hellworld good things still exist. I imagine there are people to whom WWE is the same even though I can't personally imagine why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That everybody responsible for this has gotten to this point in their lives without imprisonment/broken kneecaps is why people want to believe in Hell.