Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

coconono posted:

Any other org would use this as an opportunity to demonstrate positive choices both on the creative and promotion side.

It's possible this is happening. They have already brought in someone who could easily be Hunter's replacement, Brian Gerwitz. Pritchard getting surgery, he would be a moron to ever come back from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

How will Dave do PR for his buddy Dwayne if he's busy researching corporate malfeasance via sex trafficking?

He could easily pivot to actually doing investigative journalism instead of fantasy booking, but chose not to. I'm sure Frank Deford would be proud.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Claytor posted:

There's a secret third option!

C) WWE is booking the specific sequence of events they are to maximize fan outrage, because they'd much prefer fans be mad at them for being mean to Cody than for anything else that might have come up in the last couple of weeks

I'm seeing people suggest this, and I just don't buy it. This would require a level of sophistication of blending the booking into real life that they haven't really shown, ever. It's also Dwayne playing heel in this meta-work - something I doubt he would have agreed to.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

The337th posted:

I just have an incredibly hard time believing his evil side was that well hidden

I think the opposite. There is a cottage industry created just to gossip about this company. If this was some open secret that literally everyone knew, we'd have heard much more about it. The entire point of this lawsuit is that executives covered it up.

MassRafTer posted:

Becky's thoughts are fine and maybe a little living in denial but really lack that one firm sentence to really show she's having difficulty processing something she accepts as reality.

Agreed. Seems like a genuine statement.

waffle iron posted:

I'm not talking about actually having faith in anything. Just confused how no one has given her a reasonably short phrase to deflect from having to directly go on record.

I think what she said was better than a canned statement - what she said seemed real.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

The level of cruelty at the PC would have been common on many football teams up until the early 2000s and maybe beyond in some areas. You could chalk that up to pro sports and/or rasslin culture and rationalize it pretty easily as part of 'protecting the business'. It was also happening at a satellite facility down in florida and not on the road for TV or at the corporate offices. I don't see that as analogous to the rank and file accepting that the boss is raping an an employee in a boardroom during business hours

The337th posted:

Vince McMahon's abusive and predatory behavior, a complete unknown before this case broke

The casting couch for total divas, the coverup of the Ashley Massaro assault, the tanning salon incident, Rita Chatterton, etc - that's all brutal, horrible poo poo. I can absolutely see people being aware or vaguely aware and rationalizing that as being years ago, or whatever. Or, simply compartmentalizing to make a living. It's also already been handled in the public's opinion, or maybe even literally litigated would be an easy lie to tell yourself.

Suggesting that tons of people knew the full details of the hell that Janel Grant was going through as recently as the last 3-5 years - I don't buy it. I absolutely buy that somewhere between 2-5 executives beyond Vince and Lauranitis were aware and maybe helped cover it up, absolutely. Maybe a few supervisors or HR folks knew that an underqualified person was being transferred and promoted because she was dating the boss. The idea that everyone from the office drones to the wrestlers to the cameraman on down knew that Vince and Johnny had a violent, cruel, non-consensual relationship with her? I don't see that as likely at all.

For one - If it was that broadly known, the idea that Endeavor paid as much as they did seems impossible to me. WWE would have been a radioactive asset and the NDAs would not have been sufficient to keep this hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Vince selling all his remaining stock. He has a non-compete until January of 2025

Looking forward to on-screen authority figure Hulk Hogan announcing Matt Riddle vs Marty Scurl for this new promotion's world title