Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MasterSitsu posted:

When I see the posts about Vince showing "techs" and other lower level employees photos and reporting back to the girl about how much they loved it, my gut reaction is not that he made it up. It's that he showed everyone this poo poo, is delusional about everyones feelings about it, or at least knows they have to nod and laugh at his sad display if they want to stay employed. Literally the guy showing off his Survivor Series Egg to a bunch of jobbers in phony awe and envy. Guaranteed some of the bozos he showed poo poo too are godawful people who got a laugh of it, while most others are in that "I need this job to live and I would be fired if i did the right thing" zone.

Vince does have a habit since childhood of making stuff up and acting like it happened - see his 'beating up Marines as a teenager' stories which absolutely did not happen - so if he actually had proof of whatever twisted thing he thought was cool I absolutely believe he'd show it off to basically anyone because he would assume they're as interested in it as he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Long-Time Lurker posted:

What do the WWE stans think of what Papa H did to Chyna?

"Oddly" it never comes up.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

1glitch0 posted:

"Hunter, how are you holding up through this stressful week?"

Sadly somebody in the forum already did the "Mr. Levesque, your promotion seems to have the momentum of a runaway freight train. Why are you so popular?" joke.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Punk really closing the circle on the punk lifestyle by being a good corporate soldier during this huh

I like a joke I saw on Twitter that said Phil's going to enter the Rumble wearing 30 different t-shirts with progressive slogans and take one off at each new entry.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rotinaj posted:

Folks have laid out an at least convincing to me case for why punk might be too broke not to wrestle and make the millies he could undoubtedly get from tko

He mc hammer'd himself

Which is funny because wasn't the story for ages Punk was super frugal?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I forget whether it was during the now-infamous podcast with Colt, or elsewhere, but Punk once said words to the effect of how "if you can't live comfortably off of $20 million, then you've got problems".

...yes, Phil. I expect I COULD live comfortably off twenty million.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Going to guess that a bigger chunk of that $20 million got eaten up in legal fees than he'd originally anticipated (to say nothing of the $4 million house out in L.A. he bought, so he could be closer to producers looking to cast him in their next direct-to-streaming project).

You hate to see it. I mean, somebody probably somewhere does.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1751553272366981494

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Cameo posted:

It does make the tendency of WWE to push its women towards plastic surgery, particularly breast augmentation, even more alarming.

Remembering how AJ Lee said in her book Laurinaitis hoarse-voiced at her she'd never be on a poster on somebody's wall with her looks.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rhonne posted:

Triple H will use this opportunity to minimize Vince's role in WWE history and boost his own.

"Vince vs. Austin? Sure, that was a very small part of the attitude era, but what people really tuned in to see was that time DX drove a tank!"

"Oh, with Chyna?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

"Haha, no. We're an American comapny."

Well done and probably accurate.

Truther Vandross posted:

He literally said she was “unfuckable”

God, I'd forgotten that detail. A shame Mrs. Baba didn't say the same to him.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

It was always funny when wrestling fans would speak of Jerry McDevitt in hushed tones like he was a supersoldier lawyer.

Doubly when fedpills would talk about him like he was THEIR lawyer. Like on retainer.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sir Tonk posted:

Alvarez talked about it on one of his videos with a British woman. Would have been a great question for hunter.

People really need to question Hunter. He is not quick on his mental feet and we need to see him stumbling over the answers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Karma Tornado posted:

Behind the Bastards decided to do a reading-a-wiki-out-loud level history of the concept of pro wrestling and an entire episode about the Von Erichs for some reason before even really getting to Vince so it's not really "six episodes" about him. I'd never listened to it before and I think made it three episodes in before calling it quits.

Seanbaby's pretty funny on it but even then pro wrestling isn't his thing and he's in there with a lot of other people and they basically don't get to anything.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Whoolighams posted:

machete guy sucks. it's nice to know that Seanbaby is a good guy though after my introduction to him being crude edited Hostess ads twenty years ago

Not to get to into the weeds but Seanbaby figured out how to do the bare minimum of being a decent person and a comedian was figuring out who not to punch down at so he pivoted to making fun of like terrible PUA books and such. He actually, unlike a lot of wrestling personalities, adapted with the time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, people are really twisting themselves in knots to make Trips not be Corporate Officer #1.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wasn't Trips also supposed to be the one to look into the Randy Orton allegations from a few years back that went precisely nowhere?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Bix reminding me on Twitter of the 13 women who went to the Times five-six years ago about Vince but whomever they talked to didn't know anything about wrestling so they didn't think they'd get a fair shake because the person at the Times wouldn't get it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I appreciate Bix adding some detail to the NY64. It certainly pokes holes in the theory that Vince Sr. was nice or honorable or whatever.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

or he ascended to more hosed up vistas of control and humiliation.

That ties in with one of Vince's favorite little pranks being pushing an unsuspecting fully-clothed person into a swimming pool.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

It also appears that Shawn lied about a woman being there full time because while Sara Amato is a full time employee, he has said in the past they work around her schedule as she is a mom.

I wonder what happened to Sara. She wasn't the most social media person even when she was on it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

John Laurinaitis turning into Henry Hill is not an angle I expected this saga to take, but I'm here for it

*Hoarsely* "I’m an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a jabroni."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1753439098248040704

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Malikov posted:

Bobby Shane might be the GOAT heel.

Lawler apparently copied a lot from Shane, as is only right and proper in wrestling.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/wiretaup/status/1753473690447069221

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Did Bobby Shane also sexually assault two kids in his hotel room and get out of statutory rape and sodomy charges by taking a plea deal on a definitely totally not related harassing a witness charge?

No, Lawler added his own spin on things.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

coconono posted:

But seriously the Ashely Massaro stuff is seriously egregious. I remember being a poo poo about her too. Ugh. And gently caress the USO too because that's the not the first time that's been a thing on their time.

Yeah, I remember wryly it'd be amazing if she learned to wrestle and never knew she... wasn't allowed to.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

King Bahamut posted:

Was Gewirtz on the road or home writing team in the ‘00’s? Anyone on that jet needs to come clean about what they saw

He wasn't on the plane ride, at least.

https://twitter.com/bfg728/status/1438249465035567105

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/MichaelHamflett/status/1754133830921781294

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

His son-in-law was almost certainly complicit, and his daughter likely was too. The rot goes to the core of the corporation, all the bigwigs knew.

Yeah, as the lawsuit says and Trevor talks about in the thread below Vince was bragging about Grant to basically anybody in the company fogging a mirror.

Also XFL:

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1754433105824477230

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MassRafTer posted:

Her training basically being what she paid for herself at the NYWC and was then forbidden to continue by Stephanie McMahon.

What possible rationale could there have been for Stephanie to tell Ashley "No, don't learn to run the ropes" I wonder.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JUNGLE BOY posted:

“wait, isn’t the whole pro wrestling thing fake though???”
“it is! however, fake fights sometimes lead to… true crime…”

"We stepped into the large building and saw where the bulk of the action took place. It was a curious structure. Four sided, lined with ropes, yet called a 'ring.' A hint into the deceptive nature of the business?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Vince loves the thought of a wife cheating on her husband. He booked that Dustin Rhodes/Val Venis/Terri Runnels crap in 1998. He absolutely wanted to end the Runnels marriage.

Vince booking people like that because he thinks fundamentally every marriage is as awful as his.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If Cena going on and on about how he "loves" Vince isn't proof that Vince ran WWE like a cult leader, then I dunno what is

I've mentioned it before but on Jeff Jarrett's podcast he talks glowingly in one breath about Vince giving him time off so he can spend time with his wife who has cancer but in the next talks about how that time off means he couldn't meet his match quota so he was going to get paid less.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

super macho dude posted:

Cena was revealed to be a complete sociopath on Total Divas during his relationship with Nikki Bella, it's foolish to think he would give anything other than the response he gave to Stern (noted friend to various other sexual predators)

What did Cena do on Total Divas?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Critical posted:

never watched but the word around here was that he was very neurotic about his house and people making a mess. didnt want people using the kitchen and poo poo like that

Now I want to see the episode where Bryan just walks into his house, opens the fridge and drinks milk straight from the carton.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

STONE COLD 64 posted:

when i was a kid, about 8 or 9 years old, my dad had brought me to a coworker of his's fathers funeral which was all the way in long island. After the service everyone headed to the guys house where his other son was hosting a big italian dinner for everyone. This was a big house, really big. High ceilings, everything made of dark wood, not like a mansion but still a more than decent sized house. I wind up needing to go to the bathroom and one of the other kids points me to it, and when i got there i saw they had two toilets which was pretty wild. I go back to the dinner and everything is going fine, then one of the adults burst out screaming WHO TOOK A poo poo IN THE BIDET? And suddenly it was time for us to go

Legend.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Eat My Fuc posted:

I think Jim’s had an unimaginably lovely life and just can’t deal with anymore pain. It wasn’t a good answer but he shouldn’t be fired and I doubt Vince clued him into anything Vince despised JR and kept him around to humiliate and bully, JR takes it because he was raised by an abusive psychopath who forced him to do poo poo like drown his own puppy or get beaten to death. The guy has severe stockholm syndrome and is also a victim in my view.

The sad part is I don't know if you're talking about his actual dad or Bill Watts but would believe either or both.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"What, you don't thrust your hand out at below somebody's navel when you shake your hand? And I'M the weird one?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cena desperately falling back on his Twitter platitude generator about how you can't judge somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shard posted:

who could have guessed that it's really expensive and hard to fight the number one competitor in a market when they have a 40 year head start

Which is a lesson he should have learned from trying to launch the WBF! It's kind of amazing all the same dirty tricks that served him well in wrestling didn't work in bodybuilding.