Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I assume there's a great deal of scrambling in the legal departments to figure out exactly what to say.

The text messages are so damning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

ChrisBTY posted:

Distance. Some people feel distant enough from these kind of issues that the guilt doesn't outweigh the benefit of whatever they're engaging with.
I mean I even suffer with this issue with AEW. Jericho. The smoke about him and his sex pest allegations may have passed but Jericho is still a dude who donated to Trump and had Trump Jr on his podcast. You add the multiple allegations against Jay Lethal and Tony deciding to bring in Flair and plug his stupid energy drink and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not just that but how much else is he handwaving that we arn't seeing? It's still probably 1/100th of what WWE has done but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But I still love AEW too much to disengage over it. If something really bad happens in AEW I don't know if the guilt will outweigh my love for AEW. AEW is important to me because it exists as proof that even in this hellworld good things still exist. I imagine there are people to whom WWE is the same even though I can't personally imagine why.

I mostly agree with all this. I think if Tony turned out to be building a 30 year culture of sex trafficking that'd be enough for me to stop supporting the product. But yes, there's a certain degree of handwaving I'm willing to do over Jericho, Flair, Justin Roberts, etc. etc.