Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I do not like Ryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

It beats thinking about a very rough couple of days (I'm personally ok, just a few deaths that rocked everyone in my circle) in conjunction with the Cuomo case makes it all feel very relevant.

Thanks for all you do MRT. I always find your posts very well informed. Much love to you and yours

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It depends on what you're looking for but 2k23 really shook up the gameplay and was really fun, and the story modes were great. The CAW modes have gotten even more intricate with parts, though 2k22 and 23 took out the more intricate and dedicated body morphing options which is a shame but you can still lose hundreds of hours in the creative tools if that's your thing (which during the 2k22 era absolutely was for me). There's been a LOT of changes, some iterative, some more substantial. They're very different games from WWE12 and WWE13 and even 2k14 and 2k19.

...That said, yeah, I was considering getting the new game because I do like the CAW story modes and showcase modes and they're usually worth playing once the price on the game has gotten cheap, but I'm good. Plenty of better games out there.

I pirates 2k23 and played for a bit and then deleted it. Those games just aren't for me because I hate wwe so much that when I play the storyline it just feels gross to have my character love the brand so much

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

look I'm sorry, but to my posting friends who have said not everyone knew - it really seems like everyone knew. And didn't do poo poo about it. We're gonna have to make peace with that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah please stop

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Douche'

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God drat I hate vince

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Was it Vince that wanted to give him a rat gimmick? Or was that someone else?

If it wasn't Vince, it was someone who thought Vince would love the idea

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

bloodysabbath posted:

I fully expect Vince to be brought up on some heinous federal charges. I fully expect him to be convicted. And I fully expect him to be pardoned by the president in 2025, because that would truly be, at once, the most Trump and the most Vince thing to ever happen.

Trying posted:

There is no punishment that can fit his crime. He’s had 80 or whatever years of living large and getting away with it. The best we can do is protect society from him for the remainder of his time on this blasted earth. But most of the powerful people think and act in ways similar to how he did. And he’ll prolly wriggle out of the worst consequences. lol, I guess

oh man this place is starting to remind me of c-spam with the doom posting after Trump was elected lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Hayes: This is the most insane loving drivel I've ever seen. There is no loving way you can go on TV and say any of this. This is the ravings of a loving lunatic. Who wrote this garbage? Who the gently caress sullied the written word with this!? Tell me! WHO!?
Ashley: Vince wrote it.
Hayes: Ah, well. It's all in the delivery. Break a leg, kid.

this is exactly why I say anyone who was in Hayes' position, was outraged until they found out it came from Vince and then were like oh ok can gently caress right off. Clearly your career at WWE is more important to you than being a decent human being. Oh the worst that could happen is you get fired from the rape factory - WHAT A loving SHAME!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/flyinbrianc89/status/1756079654379651406?s=46

Well Nash it was nice of you to burn all the goodwill you have built over years for this of all things.

Kevin Nash gently caress you and burn in hell

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does she still work for them? Did something happen to her?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

It's not like I needed more ammo to say Dusty sucked eggs but it's nice to know.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I remember reading the scummiest stories thread in here way back when. Like the mid to late aughts and a lot of the stories in that thread are the same kind of things that are getting a lot of attention these days. Lots of abuse, sexual misconduct that kind of thing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus John he doesn't deserve that kind of love. He's a monster who degrades people and makes their lives living nightmares. Apparently John says that's a-ok in his book.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cena seems like a good person who likes to help children and he's def a hard worker. But so far his track record on believing victims is very very bad.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It wouldn't shock me to learn that most people don't know about the Randy Orton stories. The best thing to ever happen to these bastards was the most of the public does not care about wrestling and reporters seem to care even less.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

all pranks/ribs are terrible. I hate that kind of poo poo. Just lovely behavior.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Not everything needs to be Posted About but that's not the world we live in.
God drat, never has a post spoken to me more than now. Fuckin amen.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't think it has anything to do with Cena but Bryan's said in one of the interviews with Renee that he had literal suicide ideation during the filming of Total Divas

jesus did he say why specifically?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

He didn't and I'm not going to pathologize but that was when he really really wanted to return to the ring and they just wouldn't clear him. It sounds like that combined with having a camera and John Cena and the Bellas in his face added up to a pretty dark time.

well probably not the bellas lol. He married one and they seem to be in a stable marriage.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God that whole thing was like...why the gently caress is this on the wrestling show?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

fun for all ages

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I want to know what Vince has done for Dave to give him the benefit of the doubt

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TheKingslayer posted:

It's gonna be loving crazy when they eventually try to put Vince in their HoF.

All I know is John Cena will happily induct him

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Vince killing Owen is up there for worst things he's done.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

gently caress Jim Ross. He definitely knew and doesn't want any more digging to be done.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

little munchkin posted:

I listened to a few episodes of JR's podcast and one line that stood out to me was when he was talking about all the humiliating stuff that Vince made him do on tv for his own amusement, being forced to kiss his bosses bare rear end, etc. and the only criticism he was willing to give was that he didn't understand how any of that stuff was supposed to make money or sell tickets.

Dude is a born bootlicker who will never say a harsh word at someone whose given him a paycheck, but at least he's consistent in his view that abuse is something that should be internalized and never dealt with or examined in any way.

Another podcast I remember is JR did one with Trish Stratus and both of them defended the barking like a dog stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Right. Drew is a poo poo for doing it, but it still needs to be dug deeper. WWE is more than happy to just let people think these are one off events. But with the scope pulled out it's pretty obvious that it's an entire culture that cultivates these actions along with complacency in letting them happen.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Majinfoose posted:

Hey, gently caress WWE

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Elephant Ambush posted:

I guess that's fair. He really thought at the time that he could eventually grow enough to compete with the NFL though

who could have guessed that it's really expensive and hard to fight the number one competitor in a market when they have a 40 year head start

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

also just remembering the love of naming things extreme in the late 90s and early aughts but spelling it like xtreme. That is a drat moment in time to me.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

i never believed those people would stop watching football. It's too ingrained in our society from childhood to death

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

your rap sheet is insane, and you seem to only be in this subforum to poo poo up our most serious thread. What the gently caress

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Its dumb whenever a fan bows to anyone but Vince is like the worst one you could do it to. He actively hates fans

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lord Of Texas posted:

An aside, but I live in Indy, and trust me, we have smarks.

oh poo poo what up fellow Indiana goon

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Raeg posted:

Something I thought I was wrong about was the guy in the PRIME bottle at Mania getting banned from Twitch for threatening people with sexual assault, because it seemed like an insane choice for the "one bad apple and he's gone" Mania weekend strategy.

I'd totally forgotten about it because I never saw it get questioned from any outlet and assumed I was misremembering, but nope:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IShowSpeed

"In December 2021, Watkins took part in a Twitch "e-dating" livestream show hosted by Adin Ross. The exchange between Watkins and another participant, Ash Kash, escalated to what was widely interpreted as a rape threat. Watkins was the first contestant to be eliminated, and shortly after the game had ended, he quickly rejoined the Discord call and started sexually harassing Kash, slurring her repeatedly. Watkins was then kicked out of the call, with Ross apologizing to Kash for his behavior. Watkins was later banned from Twitch. According to a Twitter post by him, Watkins was banned for "sexual coercion or intimidation." "

But he got the big funny table spot so probably not worth thinking about.

I just looked into it, looks like his ban was lifted at the end of last year
https://www.tubefilter.com/2023/10/11/twitch-unban-i-show-speed-streamer-darren-watkins/

And according to him he's had a lot of time for growth since then, “I am 17 now, I was 16 when that happened and made a huge mistake.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

that's heartening to hear