Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

cagliostr0 posted:

The CEO being a rape monster in a company where the CEO is a talismanic figure in terms of the companies success is a classic case material information that would affect the share price if disclosed. That they didn't say in 10k fillings that the CEO is a horrible monster who uses the company's public reputation to protect his behaviour is securities fraud. Disclosing it now doesn't protect the company from not disclosing it in the past, especially since they were forced into disclosing it by an independent third party.

I think they kinda did at some point, didn't they? Like there was an SEC filing where TKO put down in their shareholder risk section something like "Vince McMahon is kind of a dick and could bring us a lot of bad press."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I distinctly remember his announcement of the revival having a classic conservative line in the vein of "We're not political but players aren't allowed to take a knee!!". As if it wasn't already embarrassing before that.

The original XFL's selling point was "no fair catches" because they were trying be like "yeah, those wuss returners can't just wave off the other team". There was a 5-yard halo rule, though, so even though a returner had to run with the ball, you had to give them space to catch it. It basically didn't make a difference.

Oh, and when they built up for several weeks that there would be cameras in the cheerleaders' locker room.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Alaois posted:

It wasnt a rugby scrum, they put the ball at midfield and then one guy from each team ran from like 20 yards out in opposite directions at full speed to grab it and in the first game a guy separated his shoulder doing it

This was their replacement for A Coin Toss

I mean, I too thought it was dope right up until it wasn't.

In my defense, I was 16.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Bunch of new documents popping up on Court Listener today, notably, a response from Vince requesting the case be moved to arbitration citing the NDA he and Janel Grant signed, with a copy of the agreement attached.

EDIT: I'll add links since I have them.

Memorandum in support (basically, Vince's arguments) - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647.30.1.pdf
Attachment (the NDA) - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647/gov.uscourts.ctd.157647.30.2.pdf

CellBlock fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 23, 2024

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Also, I'm not a lawyer, but there's also (I think) a decent argument that if the conduct in Ms. Grant's complaint happened, an NDA to not disclose it is an unconscionable contract. (And if so, maybe she wouldn't get to keep the million dollars she got up front, but that presumably would be factored against any damages she would win which would presumably be much more.)

I'm not sure if that's part of the case or not. (I don't recall if Grant's complaint includes anything about the NDA possibly being unenforceable at all, or just that Vince breached it by failing to pay.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yeah, they write them up anyway because they’re banking on the fact that an employee will likely not have the time, money, or resources to take it to court.

Or as a way to "settle" without any legal filings to go on the record. If Vince had just ponied up the cash he promised, we might have never heard most of the stuff in the Grant case.