Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

ChrisBTY posted:

WWE will never learn so long as dumb executives keep going 'lovely product whose fan base has been pared down to diehards, shows no signs of growth and threatens to be a constant wagon of bad press because the person who built it from the ground up is evil even by billionaire standards? Who do I sign this blank check out to?'

How does Netflix think they're going to get 5 billion dollars worth of value from RAW? 5 loving Billion...

I'm assuming Netflix is desperate to get into live sports and will use WWE to work out the kinks. They will drop the fed once the option comes up after five years and they have real sports lined up, assuming they aren't forced to drop them immediately because of bad press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Netflix needs an audience who is champing at the bit to pay $20 to watch Season 7 of Big Mouth, now with ads, and the WWE Universe was the only realistic option.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Shard posted:

look I'm sorry, but to my posting friends who have said not everyone knew - it really seems like everyone knew. And didn't do poo poo about it. We're gonna have to make peace with that.

Just think about how much of his warped sexuality and humiliation kinks were on display in his promotion, on national television. There's no way he kept things quiet backstage in his little kingdom. He didn't have to, he was untouchable and set the culture. I really doubt Brock was the first or only star he plied with sexual favors either

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

That's gross and disappointing. I can only hope that Levesque gave such a piss poor answer on Saturday that actual journalists keep sniffing around because there's so much rot left in that organization still .

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Didn't they put Ricky Gervais' hacky rear end on there too

Yeah it's the one where he DESTROYS theists with facts and logic.
https://youtu.be/aB01BL0jVe8?si=XHVN9uKJuUa6fqTD

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Drakkel posted:

It would be absolutely wild watching WWE go through this power struggle where people keep getting thrown out for being sex pests and replaced with other wrestling figures who then in turn also get thrown out for also being sex pests just over and over and over again because it's sex pests all the way down.

I'm sure there are no skeletons in the Rock's closet, might as well not look.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Yeah this whole company should burn. Every piece of info that comes out paints a picture of a vile rapist preying on women for decades and everyone around him either enabling him or looking the other way.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

The number of people in that thread going, "idk, seems like a totally normal segment to me 🤷‍♀️" makes my blood boil.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

would someone be kind enough to summarise the video because i cannot stomach watching it and i assume others are in the same boat maybe

Massaro spills coffee on Vince, is super apologetic, Vince gets in her face and is being super creepy, claiming she spilled the coffee on purpose and then suspends her.

Like the body language goes a long way to making it gross, he's looming over her and his lips are less than inches away from her face.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

But like, in the context of that clip Vince has to know that he's the bad guy in the bit, right? it's like a weird power fantasy except he's knowingly in the wrong.

I think the whole point for him is that he can be an awful person, even flaunt it to a degree, and still be rewarded for it. It's like virtue signaling except the "virtues" are being a sadistic gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

It's pretty frustrating to see mainstream journalists still being worked by Vince and WWE like this. Like they can't even get basic facts like, "Dwayne Johnson is on the board of directors" correct.