Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is Paul IRL as close with Brock as he appears on-screen? If so it strains credibility that he wouldn't have some visibility into what he was up to.

Paul and Brock have been close friends for basically his entire career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

davidbix posted:

Personally, my only real world interaction with a fan like that was at a Jersey All=Pro Wrestling show in 2003. April Hunter appeared twice on the show, both working as a valet and wrestling a singles match against Nikki Roxx. During both matches, there was one guy incessantly, loudly chanting "SHOW YOUR TITS!" at April Hunter.

I was at a CZW show Mania weekend in Orlando where someone got kicked out for changing into a shirt with a still from the Paige sex tape printed on it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I think it was specifically for publicizing it which is particularly nuts.

I went and refreshed myself on the timeline. He was feuding with Dolph and Lana and together with Summer Rae in storyline. He got engaged to Lana in reality and they sent engagement photos to the locker room. Somehow they ended up at TMZ. Vince accused them of intentionally torpedoing the storyline and they both got buried forever, with Rusev going from heavily protected IC title contender to complete joke complete with Vince-speak emasculating promos from Summer. He asked for his release in 2017 and they didn't grant it. I do remember there being stuff in the Observer about how Vince didn't think they should be together because she's really hot and he's a big hairy Bulgarian dude.

And then when he did finally get released and jump to AEW, they booked Lana to go through tables on every show for weeks and weeks.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

TheKingslayer posted:

It's kind of insane you have to go back like, "Ok which of the three Rusev cuckold storylines did this happen in...?"

This is the one where they almost ended up with Dolph’s little Ziggler on screen when shooting a vignette.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Piper being the one who (it sounds like) threatened Vince and got Jim Powers a job after he turned down Pat’s propositions makes more sense if you put it all together between Paul, Jim, and what Piper was willing to say.

e: Just going through related videos, poo poo, someone 6 months ago threw together a whole 10 minute supercut of shoot videos of people talking about Pat rumors, so you get the Jim Powers stuff from a bunch of different angles. You keep hearing the part about Jim regretting not taking Pat up on it for the sake of his career, Jesus Christ.

https://youtu.be/fxb2dTQ-DYA?si=NnWLDs992-kRwjwv

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 21, 2024

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I think it’s pretty weird to talk about stuff on-camera for a reality show as evidence of Cena’s hosed up personality considering, like, reality TV may as well take place in an alternate reality created by an editing room, in the same place as the Vince stuff but that’s just me.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

iirc Corporate Officer No. 3 is one of the unnamed folks who was Not involved in the bad things

e: though it does make clear No. 3 is Aware of the bad things

No. 4 has a weird bit too, he hired her at Vince’s order with no duties, and then started asking around about the relationship and got separated from the victim (who got transferred to Johnny Ace instead of legal) and fired/forced out? I don’t understand his role.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

CellBlock posted:

The original XFL's selling point was "no fair catches" because they were trying be like "yeah, those wuss returners can't just wave off the other team". There was a 5-yard halo rule, though, so even though a returner had to run with the ball, you had to give them space to catch it. It basically didn't make a difference.

Oh, and when they built up for several weeks that there would be cameras in the cheerleaders' locker room.

Don’t forget the rugby scrum instead of kickoff that injured players before the game even started

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

He totally owns it, regrets it, and helps others in similar situations which is about the best outcome you can hope for.