Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

going to see office space at the drafthouse and play some witcher 3 :getin:

Video Nasty posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ndr0VRq.mp4
setting my ringtone to this also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Video Nasty posted:

then probably go get some lunch.
mmmmmsomething stupid i hope?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

10kg of chicken strips, i hope

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my buddy is going to propose to his girlfriend in an hour and wants some friends there for some insane reason. he's doing it at the beach with a sauna tent so seems like i'm likely to take a quick polar bear swim today

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

10kg of chicken strips, i hope
slenderman but for chickens call that tenderman

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

slenderman but for chickens call that tenderman

:prepop:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

I typically reserve that for dinner meals or at least wait until the sun has set to go stupidmode. I got a way-too-big double cheeseburger and took a nap from the caloric overload. :)

I like having no more responsibilities ahead of me for when I may have to pay the Dark Price.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Video Nasty posted:

when I may have to pay the Dark Price.

:hmmyes:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm just going to make salad and soup for dinner. keep it light for now and then figure out a video game or movie to entertain myself with

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

gonna take the boy to the zoo tomorrow. we've got a membership so probably a quick trip. hoping it's not too crowded since it's still relatively cold.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

going to see office space at the drafthouse
update: they had a printer outside for me to bash

https://i.imgur.com/rFYguf0.mp4

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
drafthouse owns. easily the best theater chain

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

I refuse to go to movies anywhere else

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
support your indies, folks

if it weren't for the plague going around, that is, lol

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Dijkstracula posted:

update: they had a printer outside for me to bash

https://i.imgur.com/rFYguf0.mp4

This person is wearing the EFF donation hoodie from 2017.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Looks like a size medium.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

correct on both accounts it me so I should know

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
watching that weird al movie

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I had that hoodie but I accidentally left it behind at the DFW airport. That's right; on a weekend.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

way past my bedtime.. going to bed!

sometimes it's nice to break the rules

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

i shoulda tried to go to bed sooner......

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
installed a nice new car stereo with carplay in my old lexus and played video games until 330am

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Silver Alicorn posted:

surprisingly good and funny, quite a few sensible chuckles in that one

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I’m bout to get on the road!!

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
went out for dinner at din tai fung with some old coworker friends i'd not seen seen in a while whose company i enjoy until the staff graciously asked us to gently caress off as we'd been there for two hours or so

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

spent some time this morning moving more of my data off google services and into apple ones. maybe one day i'll be able to fully excise google services other than youtube

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
slept the gently caress in by accident. hell yeah

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

ahh, still the weekend and i'm feeling a lot better this morning :unsmith:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

i should get on this. seems right up my alley

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

c weekend s: dropped mini logins off at a home birthday party so we get a grown up lunch date for 2 hrs :-)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Kenny Logins posted:

i should get on this. seems right up my alley

it’s definitely not what I expected in the best way

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

rotor posted:

installed a nice new car stereo with carplay in my old lexus and played video games until 330am

woah.. someday i hope to stay up that late again

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

good progress on that jigsaw

now for the really icky part :shepface:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

you've got one of those spinny wrist gyroball things, are they effective?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

good progress on that jigsaw

now for the really icky part :shepface:

Puzzle recommendation: https://oddpieces.com/

The solved image isn’t quite what’s on the box and there’s a fun story with them. Also just nicely made puzzles.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

dioxazine posted:

you've got one of those spinny wrist gyroball things, are they effective?
couldn't say if it's long-term effective, but it sure makes me work harder to keep it going than i'd expect. i find it hard to use only my wrist like i'm supposed to tho

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
instead of doing openwrt this weekend i just treated myself to the RF roku remote (with the headphone jack)

and... surprisingly, it owns? it's microusb rechargable, and the audio quality coming out of that jack is better than pairing headphones to an ios device and using that method. they must use some different compression or something because direct from the remote has far more dynamic range, i'd love to figure out what kind of link it uses

plus you can completely configure the branded buttons and there's two extra ones that you can assign to any action you want. feels nice and substantial in the hand (but not too heavy), and i like the volume rocker on the side. and, obviously, RF > IR

all in all, a good remote. i'll probably still do openwrt at some point but this has greatly reduced any urgency

e: i must admit an urge to snip off the little purple tag on the bottom but it seems like that'd leave a hole in the bottom of the remote. maybe i can fill it with a bit of epoxy or something but idk, i don't feel like possibly damaging something i just bought lol

e2: i turned off the always-listening voice control but from trying it with the button it works pretty well with poo poo like "where can i watch star trek?" and returning results for more than just paramount+ (which, surprisingly, the remote has a button for, along with netflix, apple tv, and hbo max. i don't use the last two though so i'll probably change them)

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 28, 2024

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i made a big batch of kung pao chicken last night and ate all of it. i was sweating by the third bite and it was delicious

also got the right switches and made a thing so my desk can move up and down again. i thought a 12v power adapter would be enough but it's super slow. gonna swap it out for a higher voltage one and 3d print a little case for the switches that i can attach to the desk.

i thought i'd get more done this weekend but man, the weekend is too drat short.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

zoo was good. lots of kids there.

i'm not sure how many of the animals my 1-year-old actually noticed, but he at least noticed the penguins we got really close to and some manta rays.

next time i need to check out the naked mole rats, the best animal.

got to see the lake titicaca frog, which spends its whole life underwater and breathes through its skin.

(not my picture)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Eeyo posted:

zoo was good. lots of kids there.

i'm not sure how many of the animals my 1-year-old actually noticed, but he at least noticed the penguins we got really close to and some manta rays.

next time i need to check out the naked mole rats, the best animal.

got to see the lake titicaca frog, which spends its whole life underwater and breathes through its skin.

(not my picture)

it is the weekend my dudes