Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Goons LOVE communism, comrade!

Goons love the traditional view of history, no matter what the subject. I've read all these posts and I don't even know who to reply to. It's all the most traditional view it's all stuff that was discredited 30 years ago like holy poo poo it's loving breathtaking how little you guys know about WW2 like I literally took a breath and said holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Tom Hanks would love you loving people

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

How are you legally supposed to raise Wehrmacht units from occupied territory that is not officially incorporated into the boundaries of the Reich? You can't. So you're going to have to use the informal framework of the SS, which has its own ridiculous parallel army structure that operates alongside of the Wehrmact, because everything is stupid in Nazi Germany. So they started out in 1939 with this pure German SS mostly political organization and
by '44 there are all these "Waffen SS" units that are basically a United Nations of Central Europe that were raised from different countries that were under Nazi control.

You've gotta remember that the Nazis were anti-communists just as much as they were anti-semites. There were all kinds of young European males that were down to fight a crusade against communism because the big bad USSR was coming for their homes. These were the guys who signed up for those "SS" units.

Teriyaki Hairpiece fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 25, 2024