Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

Wait until you hear about the 3 entirely parallel school systems they set up to ideologically train administrators and public servants.

Every single thing about nazi Germany was a goddamn clown show through and through.

Is there a book that covers this? Just a big ol’ myth-busting collection of nazi dysfunction and stupidity.
(As long as I’m making a wish list, it’d ideally include descriptions of the terrible uniforms that the goon in a history thread talks about.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Solaris 2.0 posted:

It’s on the economic side of things but “Wages of Destruction” by Adam Tooze goes into a lot of this and is a favorite in the Milhist thread

Just ordered. Thanks!

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Oasx posted:

I don't think I have the military knowledge to understand the Sobel/Winters storyline. Sobel hates Winters for some reason, enough to want him to get court marshaled when his men protest they get punished while Sobel is shuffled off to another position, and during the end where Winters is the superior officer, Sobel gets a gentle chiding for not saluting him instead of being sent to prison or whatever punishment is normal.

You don’t need any military knowledge to know what an awful manager is like. if this was retail, then Sobel is the store manager and hates winters, the shift manager, because the hourly employees love and respect him

Edit: to keep my awful analogy going, sobel writes winters up for a bullshit reason because sobel is petty and instead of just accepting the reprimand in employee file, winters calls corporate to look into it. While corporate is investigating winters is placed on paid leave. Corporate doesn’t find anything of course and sobel isn’t punished because nothing bad ever happens to rear end in a top hat managers. Corporate doesn’t take any action at all until all the shift managers threaten to quit and sobel is transferred to be training leader in another region.

(This went long but I had fun)

best bale fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 12, 2024

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

jisforjosh posted:

His story is absolutely tragic. Tries to commit suicide in the 70s but fails...bullet severs his optic nerve leaving him completely blind. Gets put into a VA facility and dies of malnutrition under their care, buried without any services whatsoever

jfc that’s awful