Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Gotta say i dont usually like these types of melodramatic theme songs but i do like the one in Masters.

And seconding Neptune's Inferno. It would be a natural companion to the Pacific. And drat its got some harowing scenes, especially the first night battle off Savo Island (a near disaster for the Allied fleet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

I just imagine the night raid was a prelude to a day time double tap attack.

Burns
May 10, 2008

If you like podcasts Dan Carlin's Supernova in the East might be of interest as well.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Its a shame its only 9 episodes. I thought it was gonna be 10 like BoB and the Pacific.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I dont get it why introduce a new set of characters, operating in a different theatre of the war in the 2nd to last episode? This is nonsense and a complete waste.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Did any of you watch/listen to the hour by hour play of the World War Two channel's D-Day special? I would unironically love to see a sort of Longest Day 10 episode series of JUST that day. Focused as gently caress.

My main complaint of MotA is that it was too unfocused, especially in the 2nd half.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I generally despise alt histody but I have had an impression that even if the Nazis carved out a win, they most likely would have devolved very quickly into a civil war between the various army, SS, luftwaffe and navy factions.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I like the more recent The Forgotten Battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

The jurassic park kid ruined The Pacific for me.