Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I had to find it again, but my grandfather was a B-17 pilot during the war and flew 51 missions out of Tunisia and then Italy from 1943-44 and I have copies of his logs. I just for whatever reason can’t figure out which bomb group he was a part of again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yeah I am trying to find more info but Google sucks now

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Thanks, I have enough of them anyway

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I don't know how I feel about some of the plotlines carrying over between episodes like the stuff with Baby Face. BoB had focus episodes following certain characters and The Pacific follows three distinct storylines with supporting members branching off from the three protagonists. But here in MOA you get stuff like Baby Face's adventure with the underground escape lines for two episodes and then he vanishes from the story until he pops up again. I don't know how you'd change it without adding a bunch more scenes or rearranging the order of events but it feels like it was going somewhere given the time dedicated to it, only for the resolution to be Baby Face showing up at the airfield again with a voiceover.
Yeah I was starting to wonder if they were going to follow up on them getting smuggled back to England and it just ended up as a 30 second thing

I am very concerned that they are going to rush through the next two episodes pretty hard, considering they are introducing the Tuskegee Airmen along with all of the other ongoing stuff.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The CGI at the end of the episode where it follows the bombs down into Berlin looked extremely poor

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

James Badge Dale was like Jack Bauer’s partner in the second season of ‘24’

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’m just disappointed that a lot of the longer bombing mission scenes were front loaded into the show

I expected we would get more of that but instead they have outright not shown us missions or just avoided them in favor of other focuses

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This was definitely the weakest episode. The show has been kind of petering out in the last few, but here it just zooms through a LOT of historical events because they need to wrap this poo poo up in one more hour.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I still wish they had an episode where they had to deal with a Me-262 or Komits, where they come blasting out of nowhere, take down like 2 bombers and everyone is making GBS threads themselves, and then they're gone.
I remember my grandfather telling me that they were so fast that he could only see them for a second and it was only a plane he saw late in his tour

This is the 262, I don’t know if I ever asked him about the Komet specifically

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Yes it was absolutely not ready at all but once things went to poo poo for Germany mid-1944 they didn’t have a lot of options but to throw everything they could in the air

You kind of saw it in a similar manner where as the Navy made it closer and closer to Japan, the Kamazake attacks intensified as the Imperial Navy ran out of experienced pilots and also ships

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I mean it’s George Lucas, I don’t think he has done a single thing in his more modern career with anything resembling nuance

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

The final episode was better than the previous one, but my god the inclusion of the Tuskegee Airmen was a waste. They do almost nothing in this final episode and we don't get a sendoff for them like we do with the other pilots.

The editing was also weird during that POW camp fight at the end, because one second we see a lone P-51 strafing the camp defenses, but then a second later there is an entire tank column like 1000 yards away shooting at the camp all of a sudden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

Yeah, there's a reason why you have to laugh at any one that says "well Germany could've won if x y and z". Due to structural issues like you mentioned and the reality of fighting, Germany was already heading down the road to defeat in 1941 and had basically sealed their fate by 1943.
I mean the point that things went south for them has to be post-Pearl Harbor, when the US officially got involved. That meant that now Germany was going to fight a two-front war against much larger countries (one of which, the US, could mass produce enough arms to give to all other Allied powers on their own).