Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
..accounts like this (from the 398th website) where they make it through a horrific mission and then almost get got the next day by a V1 while on leave
in London are just :staredog: :negative:.

My mom's uncle was a B-17 ball turret gunner in the 398th, 602 squadron who died over Belgium on his 17th mission in late Oct 1944
when the plane was torn in half by flak. Only the radioman survived (POW).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The British lost a bunch of actual Lords and poo poo during WW1 since officers were still voluntarily leading suicidal cavalry charges into machine guns especially during 2014-2015.

During WW2 they found safer positions.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I mean didn't the entire thing begin with the book 20 years ago? It would make sense that Hanks/Spielberg wanted that as the original outline and then probably lost control as more and more production/marketing morons got their demands met. Maybe they should have just called this "Wings over Europe" Season 1 and covered 1942-1943 with both the 8th and the 15th as well as the fighter squadrons. Season 2 covers 1944-1945 and then you would need an entirely new series that covers the Pacific. These both would basically be ignoring all the other air forces as well so maybe that's Season 3 and then the Axis side gets Season 4 :newlol:

Unfortunately that would be pandering to nerds and not marketable enough. :shrug:

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 13, 2024

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

mllaneza posted:

Okay, that had some real loving problems. I'll call out one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

The food relief drops in Holland. I have no problem with those being included. I have a huge loving problem with an exposition scene set on the airbase that those missions with the food relief missions visible from where they're loving standing. If they need food right over there, just don't take it off the loving truck. Drive it over!

Rosie's milk run was set up with all the classic tells of a last-minute tragedy. They even had some rando show up for his very first ever ride in an airplane. Some rear end in a top hat thinks he's super clever for "subverting" that trope. gently caress him. Putting the one person from the ground crew that had lines on that flight would have meant something and tied some things together. So many wasted chances for good storytelling.

Captain Westgate spinoff when?

You can also see Bel Powley in a constantly manic/terrified state (with one of the Peaky Blinder's lads as part of the Dutch resistance) trying to keep the Frank Family (Liev Schreiber as Otto Frank) alive in the NatGeo "A Small Light".

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 16, 2024

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Damian Lewis and Ron Livingston Buddy Cop or Criminal show when?? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Tankbuster posted:

Man, the pacific is so good. How did people look at rami malek after the show came out because he is effortlessly charming even when being a maniac.

Rami was also great in 2010 Season 8 of :twentyfour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoJqFnC4gQU