Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I can’t help but see that Bucky looking like conner o'malley and it’s super distracting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I do appreciate that the show is giving some minor spotlight to the rest of the support crews involved on base.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Has anyone read the source material book this is based on? The show just feels so disjointed and quick.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Aces of the Pacific was my air sim of choice growing up. That midi soundtrack is still in my head to this day.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Being a combat videographer in a b17 sounds absolutely horrifying. Like at least kinda in ground combat you can duck and hide somewhat

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Oh I remember that one being pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz1rTZE9xgE

I forgot that Netflix also had a recent WW2 in color docuseries with John Boyega. Still need to check it out.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Is that good or bad I forget

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I think Rosie gonna be the next main character. They only talked about it very briefly but the mission he was on he was the only one to come back which definitely made the 100th “jinxed” Rosie stuff: He ends up doing 50 some missions which is insane

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’d like a Flying Circus movie. WW1 is hot again

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Those are the kind of moves I pull in war thunder. But yea absolutely brutal. Crosby :smith:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Haven't watched it yet are they still in the middle of Black Week October?

Yup. We still have the second schewinfurt raid coming up too

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I think they'll start picking it up timeline wise. Next week looks to be more of a downtime\POW situation. Maybe a jump to D-Day bits and then have a wind down. We are hitting the latter half of the series now and there are only 9 episodes total

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Wesgate is the only Brit that’s cool

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

T34 exists and is hilarious

https://youtu.be/a5BlybdjhVg?feature=shared

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don’t think that’s how you have sex

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That first tower buzz looked like absolute dog poo poo. Probably the worst CGI in the series.

I wish we could get a real sense of how those massive dogfights were because the couple of seconds they showed seemed insane. Just a scrum of planes.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I get it but I'm not sure what else you can say when you have a dude be the only one returning

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How in the hell is this wrapping up next week?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The entirety of D-Day is shown in the intro crawl lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Theres a mechanism that turns the propeller blades to horizontal so they act as little mini wings instead of creating drag by not spinning

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

He said the titular line and immediately got shot down lol

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That Earth looks big as hell and kinda wonky looking.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Holy moly that single shot of him walking out of the snowy fog is visually so much more impactful than anything we got out of Masters of the Air.

Also yea Dike got a raw deal in BoB this video shows the assault on Foy and Dike gets shot halfway through the assault.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5K_iPpqw5E

I refuse to ever say Foy the way it was said in this video and don't care if its the correct pronunciation

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm enjoying your recaps and hope you end up doing the same for the Pacific

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Winters then eventually becomes a general manager and Sobel is an inventory manager that didn't show proper respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My grandpa is 98 and was 16(lied about being 17) when he went into the Merchant Marines riding on the Liberty ships. They are almost all gone at this point. His brothers joined the Navy but he got an extra $100\mo to go Merchant Marine so that was an easy decision.

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 13, 2024