Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Such a shame this show was so messy. I’d love to see more series tackle the air war but this was not it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

okay raw cookie dough is better than cookies though

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

i got confused about him because he disappeared for several episodes and in that last episode they called him ken and kenny and not the thing he's been called the whole show, lemmon.

mllaneza posted:

Okay, that had some real loving problems. I'll call out one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

The food relief drops in Holland. I have no problem with those being included. I have a huge loving problem with an exposition scene set on the airbase that those missions with the food relief missions visible from where they're loving standing. If they need food right over there, just don't take it off the loving truck. Drive it over!

Rosie's milk run was set up with all the classic tells of a last-minute tragedy. They even had some rando show up for his very first ever ride in an airplane. Some rear end in a top hat thinks he's super clever for "subverting" that trope. gently caress him. Putting the one person from the ground crew that had lines on that flight would have meant something and tied some things together. So many wasted chances for good storytelling.

Captain Westgate spinoff when?

buddy they're in the uk. holland and the uk are not that close. that was also the one person from the ground crew with lines too.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

honestly that stuff felt like it came because of too many passes at the script

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

tora tora tora

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

midway should’ve had a much narrower scope, it did too much and sucked because of it.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

i used to think the doolittle raid was so named because it did little, not because the guy who famously did little was called doolittle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

plus intellectual knowledge is nothing compared to actually witnessing it - even if you just know conceptually, you won’t care half as much as if you’re there, and less still if you haven’t been affected at all. out of sight, out of mind and in many ways, out of true comprehension.