Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019
Only watched the first episode but the characters do not seem that interesting and I think they rushed into the combat scenes instead of just letting the character stew and develop properly for a few episodes.

The whole thing with the bar in Greenland was a lot of screen time to basically cast a single character as a zany "cool" guy. I feel like it could have been spent a lot better working with the dynamic of people from all over with different backgrounds trying to work as a crew. They even touch on it when they talk about farm boys flying in planes. That's interesting. I don't care that some idiot trashes bars for funsies and I'm pretty sure it's not going to pay off in any meaningful way..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owling Howl
Jul 17, 2019

M_Gargantua posted:

Yeah the sudden explosion was too Hollywood. It didn't make sense since there was no foreshadowing of it, as all the foreshadowing was the "we're about to smash into the earth and you need to get out of the plane"

It kinda undercuts the moment. The point is they had to make difficult and heart wrenching choices in high stress environments. When the fort blows up they're kinda subverting it because in hindsight bailing out was the only correct choice - if he had stayed one second longer he would have been dead too. Basically I think the director flinched at making him look bad and blew up the fort to absolve him.