Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
Buncha posts about how Saving Private Ryan has no Brits in the immediate vicinity of Omaha, and yet in 16 pages of what would make good shows, not one “Red Army but based on Soviet memoirs, not Enemy at the Gates”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow

twistedmentat posted:

That last scene where Sledge is on the train asleep, and Sanfu looks at him as he leaves and decides not waking him up would be the better choice. I hope he looked up Sledge and sent him a letter saying thanks for being a bud.

With the Old Breed has a bit that I wish had been put in the show, where they launch mortar rounds at a bunch of Japanese officers they caught in the open having lunch, and the round that landed on the table failed to go off. Sledge is blamed for the failure saying he didn't remove the arming pins from the mortar rounds, but he went back to where they were fired from to find the discarded pins to prove that yes, he did his job correctly, it was just that round was a dud.

Josh Helman who must be Nick Hoults bff because they're in a lot of movies together.

irl they didn't meet again for 35 years. But Snafu was eventually a pallbearer at Sledge's funeral.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
Maybe have a more productive discussion. Was it good or bad when the Masters of the Air dropped the a-bombs?

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow
Sometimes I remember that WW1 Goering was actually good at his job. Meth is a bitch.