Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Just finished this show in one go, or there abouts. A real drop in quality for eps 7-8, but it was fine, I guess. Not an instant rewatch like BoB or the Pacific, but the air combat was pretty intense and fast and I’d probably be filling the spew bags with poo poo, in all honesty. I did enjoy the first 5 episodes, but the highs were high and the lows were pretty loving low.

Why was Crosby the narrator? What happened to Meatball? And lmao talking up the P-51s, then a Tuskegee Airman talking about wanting more action, but then getting shot down quick smart lol..

But yeah, so much potential. Where was Bruce McKenna?? At least Tim Van Patten directed the last episode. And the theme was ok, not that catchy. I do find myself humming the pacific one on occasion though.

But yeah time for a BoB and pacific rewatch :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

SuperTeeJay posted:

Finally got around to watching the last episode. I thought some of the earlier plot lines were half-baked box ticking, but they were nothing compared to the bus making a quick stop at the Holocaust.

that's what happens when your wagon wheel comes off

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

How would a downed airman actually get back to England in 1943? Would it have even been that possible to get back so quickly?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

it’s a catch 22 to watch masters of the air

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Still so dumb that they spoiled major plot points in the intro montage..

Just started BoB again, and the banter in the troop ship about the flamingos and naked native girls always gives me a chuckle.

“Really, it’s hot in Africa?”

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I don't like it either because they treat Webster like poo poo.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

It's easy to get the LTs mixed up when there's so many of them.

Plus there’s a line in The Last Patrol about “20 Louies since D-Day” or something like that when talking about Lt. baby Hanks.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I just watched all 3 Peleliu episodes from the Pacific back to back. It was really exhausting. While it's great TV, it's also just not enjoyable to watch.

Was that the most hectic battle for the US during the war? I couldn't imagine how you would not go crazy in those conditions.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Was there anything on the Western front that matched that same grinding chaos?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

(Thanks and I'm looking forward to part 10)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlIU53fCFKI

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I like the Leckie character but always thought the show might be tighter just focused on Basilone and Sledge.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao the title change

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Gunny Haney is played by Gary Sweet, who was an aussie tv heart throb during the 90s and early 2000s

toggle fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 25, 2024

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

I'd highly recommend watching episodes 5, 6 and 7 back to back. It's really exhausting, and in hindsight the misery can be too much, but it's the best way to experience those episodes, one after each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Would anyone know of any decent docos about operation varsity? Or books? Surprised there’s not as much fan fair about it considering it was the biggest airborne drop of the war.