Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Ez8 posted:

The SA Forums are still up, though.

This just proves that some things are forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey here's to wasting both of our times. To be fair it wasted more of mine than yours to type this out.

I still ruined these past few seconds of your life though.

It was easy. I just had to put something in front of you and you couldn't help but waste your time on it.

You know time is short and that you shouldn't waste it and yet here you are at the end of this sentence. Life? Gone forever. This is now a part of your experience and you can never undo it. I didn't even force or coerce you into doing it. You just did it of your own free will. Stop reading. For the love of God you won't get this time back! They're gone forever.

Now, you want to see a real trick? Using the first letters of those words, find the meaning.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Now, you want to see a real trick? Using the first letters of those words, find the meaning.

Hhtwboot. Tbfiwmomtyttto. Isrtpfsoylt. Iwe. Ijhtpsifoyaychbwytoi.

A Lovecraft enthusiast I see.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Piggy Smalls posted:

There is no God and we will die and cease to exist for eternity.

ahahahahahahaha

hahaha

dumbass

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

syntaxfunction posted:

Hhtwboot. Tbfiwmomtyttto. Isrtpfsoylt. Iwe. Ijhtpsifoyaychbwytoi.

A Lovecraft enthusiast I see.

Oh congratulations rear end in a top hat. I was trying to crush your spirits with pointlessness and you just actually went and did it just for a joke.

Now my spirits are crushed and nobody is happy :(

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm happy, I'm easily entertained and you provided a brief distraction. Good times, good times.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Even Wayne Static, of Static X, wasn't static. He died and was replaced. Get up on this Wisconsin death trip

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

im a god and vbery powerfulkl and will never die and live forever and also i have lots of cars monety and women

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

The Hello Machine posted:

Variety is the spice of life, op

true, but there is such a thing as too much spice. have you tried drugs op?

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Piggy Smalls posted:

As I approach 56 I can’t help but feel a profound sadness that things are always in flux. Everything is changing. One day your neighbor won’t be there anymore. One day the corner market won’t be there. One day the person who provides you a service will be gone. One day a family member will be gone. Oblivion. Goons. Maybe with the advent of the internet and social media I see how absolutely insignificant we are in the solar system. We are but a blip of a fart in the billionth millionth quadrillionth stars in the solar system.

There is no God and we will die and cease to exist for eternity. Nothing is static.

I have static website hosting.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Saalkin posted:

im a god and vbery powerfulkl and will never die and live forever and also i have lots of cars monety and women

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Here's a suggestion for you OP, why don't you go and gently caressing spend some time practicing samadhi (the jhanas), which is actually much more attainable than people realize. It is important if not necessary to balance insight practices with samadhi in order to avoid hindrances such as fear that can come from stages of insight. Nothing on this path needs to be taken on faith, it is all something that you can directly experience for yourself.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

The time you took reading this is less time you have to exist. Don't read the next sentence I'll just be wasting more of both of our precious little time in existence. I told you not to do it. "Oh it's only a few seconds I wasted reading that nonsense you wrote, it's no big deal." Your whole existence is made up of moments like this. Oops, if you're still reading I just wasted more of both of our lives. Read the next one - I won't say anything important or interesting, I'll just waste more of your time.

I put a space there that felt like the end of a paragraph was it? Don't worry, don't answer. It doesn't matter and I just wasted some more precious seconds or your short precious life. All of those moments you just spent on this pointless post are gone forever. In a few years you won't even remember or value you time you wasted reading this.

i read this post 3 times in its entirety

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

credburn posted:

Static X is going to be playing in my town in a few months

I've honestly never heard them and my sole memory of them in any way is Carson Daly saying "I can feel his hair from here" on Total Request Live.

Anyway

Without Wayne Static, are they really Static X

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We live upon this Earth spinning at 1,000 MPH
Which spins around the Sun at 67,000 MPH
And the Sun spins around the central black hole at 560,000 MPH

And our Milky Way galaxy is moving at 1.3 million MPH

And here you sit reading this, are you static?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

time is an illusion and everything exists forever op, you just need to stop moving through it

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

babies first ego death

hey that was my review of synecdoche new york

anyway, to quote buckminster fuller as quoted in the incubus song "new skin" from their album "s.c.i.e.n.c.e.",

mr buckeyballs posted:

Up to the Twentieth Century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see, and hear. Since the initial publication of the chart of the electromagnetic spectrum, humans have learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear is less than one-millionth of reality

cool quote! so cheer up op, maybe theyll measure the soul particle in the 22nd century and retroactively give our mortal lives meaning, or maybe not!

heres the album art for s.c.i.e.n.c.e.

haha look at that dude, what a goober. but hes just missing a certain je ne sais quoi….

there we go

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

dreezy posted:

hey that was my review of synecdoche new york

anyway, to quote buckminster fuller as quoted in the incubus song "new skin" from their album "s.c.i.e.n.c.e.",

cool quote! so cheer up op, maybe theyll measure the soul particle in the 22nd century and retroactively give our mortal lives meaning, or maybe not!

heres the album art for s.c.i.e.n.c.e.

haha look at that dude, what a goober. but hes just missing a certain je ne sais quoi….

there we go

They had to have smoked so much weed making that album

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Static prevails, op. The question remains, when you stare into the static, do you see the mess or the message?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I understand that the inevitability of things falling apart is existentially exhausting, but have you considered that banana is just stronger vanilla

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Time works the same way.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Froghammer posted:

I understand that the inevitability of things falling apart is existentially exhausting, but have you considered that banana is just stronger vanilla

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
code:
public static void main (String[] args)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
It's been one day since my last comment. SA Forums are still up. Seems like at least one thing is static. Two if you count my bad posting. OP is full of poo poo.