Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*vigorously rubbing my feet against the carpet

Couldn't agree more OP. I want to shake the hand of the man who said that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
OP isn't old. OP is practically (and possibly literally) infinitesimally young.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

ZoDiAC_ posted:

This is the great joy. I revel in it. Nothing endures forever. Not the bad, so they pass, not the good, in which you rebel.

Make peace with it.

Better, go with it fully. Dive into it. You are impermanent and it's your job to fight against the very notion every day, each day a terrible gift, each day a new sandbox of improbable possibilities. Actions beget events, and you will become of each and every one of yours. All other possibility is hoax. Other truths none.

May we but have a chance to revel in our own deaths for the opportune inevitability, the Mustness of it, the immutability shaming you for your foolishness. Imagine in that moment being ashamed to die. When it will stink only of destiny.

I don't know who sold you the God hoax or why you seemingly bought it. Where there is is spiritual sustenance enough already of a far more quotidian kind.

Nothing is static unless the observer is frozen still

It's also perfectly fine to be completely hosed up and overwrought by the fact that one day everything you are and everything you care about will cease to exist forever. Which you are because people don't need to invent weird philosophies to sublimate feelings that don't bother them.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The time you took reading this is less time you have to exist. Don't read the next sentence I'll just be wasting more of both of our precious little time in existence. I told you not to do it. "Oh it's only a few seconds I wasted reading that nonsense you wrote, it's no big deal." Your whole existence is made up of moments like this. Oops, if you're still reading I just wasted more of both of our lives. Read the next one - I won't say anything important or interesting, I'll just waste more of your time.

I put a space there that felt like the end of a paragraph was it? Don't worry, don't answer. It doesn't matter and I just wasted some more precious seconds or your short precious life. All of those moments you just spent on this pointless post are gone forever. In a few years you won't even remember or value you time you wasted reading this.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey here's to wasting both of our times. To be fair it wasted more of mine than yours to type this out.

I still ruined these past few seconds of your life though.

It was easy. I just had to put something in front of you and you couldn't help but waste your time on it.

You know time is short and that you shouldn't waste it and yet here you are at the end of this sentence. Life? Gone forever. This is now a part of your experience and you can never undo it. I didn't even force or coerce you into doing it. You just did it of your own free will. Stop reading. For the love of God you won't get this time back! They're gone forever.

Now, you want to see a real trick? Using the first letters of those words, find the meaning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

syntaxfunction posted:

Hhtwboot. Tbfiwmomtyttto. Isrtpfsoylt. Iwe. Ijhtpsifoyaychbwytoi.

A Lovecraft enthusiast I see.

Oh congratulations rear end in a top hat. I was trying to crush your spirits with pointlessness and you just actually went and did it just for a joke.

Now my spirits are crushed and nobody is happy :(