Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Not the biggest of big shows but still a lot to enjoy here and they should hopefully fill up most of Korakuen. We have:
- Assemblyman Kawamatsu making an appearance which is always fun
- Rukiya's continued application to joing Burning, taking advantage of Okada having to miss the show
- MAO teaming with his hero TAKA for his birthday match against his good friends in CDK
- Takeshita returning for DDT for the first time this year (he was at the All Japan show yesterday) after perhaps turning a new leaf after Ultimate Party last year
- Yukio Sakaguchi's last singles match in Korakuen, facing off against his protege Hideki Okatani
- A Danshoku Dieno match, but at least this has a fun story that they called themselves a fairly common stable name and this is like the third group of guys that have used the name in the past annoyed at them
- Kazuki Hirata's continued quest to be accepted into 37KAMIINA after DisasterBox disbanded (and also he needs to defend his title)
- Yuki Ueno's first defence against D-Oh Winner Naya. I've no doubt Ueno is retaining here, and would also be surprised if Take doesn't challenge for the belt to they can run back their sick match from last year before Takeshita got kicked out of the Sauna Club

quote:

28/1/2023, Sunday
11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST
DDT Sweet Dreams
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Akito, Sanshiro Takagi, Shinichiro Kawamatsu, Toru Owashi & Yuni vs Antonio Honda, HARASHIMA, Kazuma Sumi, Takeshi Masda & Tomoya
Damnation TA (Daisuke Sasaki, KANON & MJ Paul) vs Rukiya, Tetsuya Endo & Yuki Iino
CDK (Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi) vs MAO & TAKA Michinoku
Konosuke Takeshita vs Naruki Doi
Hideki Okatani vs Yukio Sakaguchi
KO-D 6 Man Tag Team Titles: Dead or Alive (Danshoku Dieno, Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi)(c) vs Dead or Alive (Hikaru Sato, Kazusada Higuchi & Ryo Kawamura)
DDT Extreme Title Toi Kojima Challenge Deathmatch: Kazuki Hirata(c) vs Shunma Katsumata
KO-D Openweight Title: Yuki Ueno(c) vs Yukio Naya

And for those wondering about Hirata's stipulation for this show it's really quite simple

quote:

The fate of who will win the DDT Extreme Title match will rest on the shoulders of Toy Kojima. The match rules is whenever Kazuki Hirata or Shunma Katsumata scores a 2 Count fall, submission, knockout or countout win then the “Kojima Challenge” will begin. Kojima will be given a task to do and if he succeeds then the match result will stand. If he fails then the match restarts. This will go on until Kojima passes a challenge. Both Kojima and Katsumata will get to come up with ideas for challenges and they must be purposely designed so that Kojima cannot tell who made them.

Show starts in just over an hour, no English commentary but Ash will be on Twitter if there's promos needing translating

e: Small card change, MJ Paul is out and Bryan Keith is replacing him on the Damnation Team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We are live, hello Mr Murata

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I don't know anyone on the card except TAKA, Konosuke, and Chris Brookes.

I'm still pumped :dance:

Edit: and Brian Keith :3: can't believe forgot him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I always wish Akito had a bigger role on the cards because he's so smooth in ring but I imagine a lot of his time is taken up by his office job

Takeshi rocking the pigtails again

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Miching Mallecho posted:

I don't know anyone on the card except TAKA, Konosuke, and Chris Brookes.

I'm still pumped :dance:

Edit: and Brian Keith :3: can't believe forgot him

Welcome, happy to answer any questions you might have :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Grabbing all the rookies at ringside to whip into Takagi :lol:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:lol:

Even the referee

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Laughing at Kawamatsu trying to reach for a pen during Parliament but he can't do it because his chest has been destroyed by chops

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

One of those rare Sumi wins to tide us over for the lean Winter months

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh Rukiya, you'll break through soon I know it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat, he's not wearing the Eruption Jacket :( It's really over

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Holy poo poo
:stare: what a start

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great episode of Collision and now a DDT show. Life is good :cheers:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Great episode of Collision and now a DDT show. Life is good :cheers:

You missed Assemblyman Kawamatsu and Bryan Keith teaming with Damnation but at least you ony missed a minute or so of Okatani saying goodbye to his dad with violence

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

drat :stonk:

They're laying it in and I'm here for it :stonk:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The hops Sakaguchi still has 50 is fantastic to see

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat, was hoping that'd go at least 5 minutes longer, hopefulyl Okatani's not actually hurt there

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Getting Chris to join the Kaientai pose :lol:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

What a fun match :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

lol Mao, you dumbass

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That was a fun time all around

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SHUJI ISHIKAWA :neckbeard:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
gathering what I could from that announcement, sounds like a tournament featuring competitors from throughout DDT's history

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yuma Aoyagi vs. Konosuke Takeshita why not!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

gathering what I could from that announcement, sounds like a tournament featuring competitors from throughout DDT's history

Yeah it's a yearly single elimination tournament for a title shot and this is the 20th anniversary, the 4 they announced are all former winners. Other winners that are longshots include Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega and Konosuke Takeshita

Oh poo poo Take vs Yuma will bang

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hirata how I love you

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

SG Bamboo posted:

Yeah it's a yearly single elimination tournament for a title shot and this is the 20th anniversary, the 4 they announced are all former winners. Other winners that are longshots include Kota Ibushi, Kenny Omega and Konosuke Takeshita

neat, thanks!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

A quick reminder about the rules of this match from the op

"The fate of who will win the DDT Extreme Title match will rest on the shoulders of Toy Kojima. The match rules is whenever Kazuki Hirata or Shunma Katsumata scores a 2 Count fall, submission, knockout or countout win then the “Kojima Challenge” will begin. Kojima will be given a task to do and if he succeeds then the match result will stand. If he fails then the match restarts. This will go on until Kojima passes a challenge. Both Kojima and Katsumata will get to come up with ideas for challenges and they must be purposely designed so that Kojima cannot tell who made them."

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Even Shunma is not immune from Tokyo Go

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
don't even need to get him to wear the glasses, just start dancing and he'll join in

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shunma knows how it feels to get Neppower'd and he doesn't like it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Couldn't withstand tickling, the match restarts

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Kojima you goddamn failure, couldn't even get your stable leader the win

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Hopefully I'll be awake for that MAO/Taka tag match, anything for more MAO and Chris Brookes in my life :hai:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Hopefully I'll be awake for that MAO/Taka tag match, anything for more MAO and Chris Brookes in my life :hai:

Unfortunately already passed, it was very fun

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

SG Bamboo posted:

Unfortunately already passed, it was very fun

Dang! I'll catch the replay in the morning then, as per usual. Have fun everyone :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :lol:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
TOY! TOY IN THE CLUTCH!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He looked so amazed that he pulled it off hahaha