Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jared Goff?
This poll is closed.
JARED GOFF 33 45.83%
Jared Goof 14 19.44%
MCDC 9 12.50%
Purdy Good 16 22.22%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
My heart is screaming for the Lions to win but my head says Niners by 3 TDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
If the Lions don't score a TD here, they're gonna lose

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That 4th down drop legitimately lost the Lions the game, absolutely brutal

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Football players are human beings

Human beings have emotions

If you don't believe momentum as a concept is real in sports, even if not quantifiable, I don't know what to tell you

This, momentum is real as gently caress despite what everyone says and I've seen enough sports to know the Lions are done

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Bench Reynolds immediately, he shouldn't see the field the rest of the game

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

OneMoreTime posted:

Lions not making the SB is the worst timeline so they better come back

Bruh, how much more proof do you need that we live in the worst timeline

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I already saw a team who hasn't been this far since 1991 melt down against a traditional power three weeks ago. Sports are absolute loving misery.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
loving take the points you idiot

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Remember, hope is a lie, hope does this to you

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Hate to say it, but you blew your only shot, Lions. Teams don't recover from this.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

General Dog posted:

Lions certainly have nothing to be ashamed of; it’s one of the best seasons in franchise history

Yeah but they'll most likely never make it back after that collapse, teams never recover from this sort of thing.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Gully Foyle posted:

Nah, the had like 4 young all pros and roty candidates, they've got the chops to keep building.

The Seahawks never came close again after the interception. Losing like that is locker room poison.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

wyoak posted:

Those games were nothing alike, unless you’re just saying it’s impossible to come back after losing a close playoff game

Did the Falcons ever recover after 28-3?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I mean, "good young upstart team makes people believe with a playoff run then collapses against traditional power and falls apart" is a time-honored tradition across many different sports, those teams pretty much never have happy endings to their story. I thank God the Seahawks got one before that bit them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Again, the Seahawks made the playoffs for years but they were never the best team in the conference any of those years and it's now well-documented that the interception utterly shattered the trust in the locker room, it was basically a shambling corpse for the better part of a decade after. Losses like these destroy teams.