Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It looks like I missed this thread until it was too late and a fair few of my picks have been said already, but just in case I'd like to nominate Kenoh vs Katsuhiko Nakajima from N1 Victory 2021 Finals, I thought it was far more focussed then their hour draw the following month which has also been nominated

e: lol, oh well. Still a ton of great matches included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What a way to start, voted for the 6-man if only because the opponent isn't my favourite Naito vs Ospreay match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That one dude gets absolutely no joy out of Will Ospreay

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The recent match was definitely one of their weaker ones, and as Jerusalem said it did have to follow the Shingo vs Moxley deathmatch

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

graph posted:

holy hell did this match gently caress

here's the last 5 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zenRHqXrI6c

i would like to see ibushi/suzuki though!

Here you are, although be warned it was during the period where the crowd weren't allowed to cheer

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Easy choice, the IPPON lightube match was my first experience with ASUKA and was one of my favourite matches that year while the cagematch was good it was a fair bit below my favourite cage match that year, the Nakajima vs Kitamiya hair vs hair match in NOAH

Here's a link to the DDT match, which has a short demonstration of the rules beforehand

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Akito has never gotten his props, man is smooth as silk. A lesser man would have froze when the finish got botched but he scrambled out a short little sequence to avoid just repeating the spot.

fez_machine posted:

Akito has actually been doing them for awhile

https://www.ddtpro.com/news/18630

(it is however the best one)

That Akito/Janela light tube match was also pretty rad, nearly as tense as this one I voted for

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

kalensc posted:

Can you clue me in re: the intended finish?

It was maybe 90 seconds earlier, Asuka went for the kick but Akito wasn't holding the lightube close enough to his face for it to break against him so the tube just got pushed in his hands. Instead of Asuka just going for the kick again they had a short bodyslam struggle, exploder into the corner and attempted muscle buster to get back into the position for Asuka to throw the kick a second time, except this time Akito was holding it close enough to break on him

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Here is a link to the New Japan Cup Match, which I will have to rewatch myself because I don't remember it at all

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll have to rewatch Ospreay vs Hiromu to be sure but right now my heart is saying Abe vs Nomura, it was a delicious mix of two friends both loving around and beating each other into paste for the culture

Ospreay vs Hiromu

Abe vs Nomura

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In reality it's probably Naito vs Okada but i'll still be voting for Abe vs Nomura because it's the ideal for what I love out of wrestling

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Pencil Army :neckbeard:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Have a link to the Stardom Match, which I will need to see before casting my vote

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Links:

Ospreay vs ZSJ

Templario vs Dorada

Most likely voting for Zack and Bill but watching the CMLL match now to see how I like it

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Links:

HARASHIMA vs Okabayashi

Omega vs Ospreay

It's a shame Kenny vs Will is going to walk this because Harashima vs Okabayashi ruled

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Links:

WALTER vs Dragunov

Iwatani vs Iroha (the one in fez_machine's effortpost appears to have been clipped a few minutes for SamuraiTV

Haven't seen either of these matches yet, though I've see Walter and Dragunov fight in wXw before and i'm a big fan of Iroha

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I've watched both now and voted for the Stardom match but one thign that struck me about the NXT match was how decent the commentary was, seems like whener I see recent clips it's egregiously bad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bit late on links so assuming people have already voted, but just in case:

Okada vs Sanada

Walter vs Bate

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shingo vs ZSJ

Shingo vs Moxley

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lucha Bros vs Jinetes del Aire

Omega vs Takeshita

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Phone posting so can't get links up but went with Tana/Shingo, remember it being a high point during the dire early pandemic

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Links:

Dark Order vs Inner Circle
Gage vs Cardona (at 3:20:00 in)
Shingo vs Tana for the NEVER Belt
Shingo vs Tana for the World Belt

Sticking with the same match as my last pick, the Grand Slam match was cool but such a samll crowd in a cavernous arena during the clap era was not a great watching experience

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's the matchup that never ends

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my God my vote for Hangman/Dark Order just tied it up again :lol:

Impossible, I was told one vote can't make a difference

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ospreay vs Speedball

Shingo vs Ishii

The TNA match was great but it's not touching prime Shingo/Ishii

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bryan vs Suzuki

Ospreay vs Shingo

This is the match with the Bea Priestly bit afterwards that they never brought up again

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Shingo vs Taichi

Coddy vs Sammy

STING 64 posted:

the just tap out match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Alexander vs Bailey

Shingo vs Cobb

Battle between two great matches with big negatives for me, for New Japan the clap crowd and for Impact I really felt them stretching out the time in places to get to the hour, much like some of the big NOAH matches from around the same period. Still, going to go for Alexander v Speedball and both Shingo and Cobb have had far better matches in this thread

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Astronauts vs Strong BJ (at 34:30)

Despy vs Kasai (at 2:15:00)

Now this is a much harder vote. That Despy vs Jun match was awesome and the postmatch promo was real emotional, but Astronauts vs Strong BJ was by far my favourite part of Big Japan and the reason I checked in with their shows before Okabayashi's hiatus

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Swerve vs Hangman

Christian and Sons vs Superkliq

Not a ton of time for me to watch these ones as i'm working on a big backlog, so going with Swerve vs Hangman because I heard it was very good

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Missed the last matchup, would have gone for the G1 match but it wasn't particularly close. I'll rectify that for going for the G1 match this time

Ibushi vs White
Danielson vs Starks

Ibushi vs Okada
BCC and Friends vs JAS (at 3:05:34)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Danielson vs Page

Okada vs Ospreay (at 4:18:00)

Definintely Ospreay vs Okada for me, outside of their last one in America they've all been phenominal

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bucks vs Lucha

Cody vs Dustin

Went with the tag match, but it was very funny to see Cody hitting the throne with the hammer considering he's back there now

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ospreay vs Okada

Ospreay vs Umino

Very difficult choice, the Okada match was the G1 finals so both guys put their all into it, whereas the Umino match was by far the best match Shota has had so far

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Copying over the links from the last time they appeared, going for the lucha match

Lucha Bros vs Jinetes del Aire

Okada vs Sanada

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sub in your favourite impact match if it ends in a tie

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Danielson vs Omega

Ospreay vs Sabre

The first match is probably my favourite AEW match, outside of thinking the dragon suplex on the ramp looked very silly I enjoyed everything about it. Still going to vote for Zack because he's the best

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Can't find a link to the iron man match so hoping the TJPW 10 woman match makes it through

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Gargano vs Cole (at 2:03:40)

Aussie Open vs FTR

It's got to be the tag match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ospreay vs Bandido