Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, nice job fez! (you too, Edward Mass!)

Though I voted for Naito/Ospreay, I loved that six man too, and nobody knowing if Claudio was actually going to make it or not did a great job of adding to the build-up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I loved Ospreay vs. ZSJ but this was an easy pick for Best Friends vs. Proud 'n' Powerful in the Parking Lot Fight. That was an amazing, amazing spectacle of a match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I loved both matches but that first one was the clear winner for me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm so glad the clap crowd era is behind us, it's going to be so bizarre for people in the future to be looking back at this stuff.

Voted for Kenny/Fénix, loved both matches but the crowd is such an integral part of making almost any match reach that next level.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The light tube match was so loving great, had to vote for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okada/SANADA for sure, I got so invested in SANADA as a potential top guy and it was so loving great to see that pay off last year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hangman winning the title was an absolutely incredible, beautiful moment, goddamn.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Abe vs. Nomura was really good, but seriously go watch Hiromu vs. Ospreay and that crazy loving bit where they're slipping in and out of the ring, it's nuts, and it's got my vote.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, I have to choose only ONE of these? :stonklol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm not seeing an option to put in my username?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God I wish AAA's production style didn't leave me feeling so detached from what is actually happening in the ring, I'm pretty sure there was a fantastic match in front of a hot crowd in there somewhere.

But in any case, even though Gatoh Move's Production quality is far from good too, I had to give Lulu/Brookes the vote if for no other reason than:

"I am a professional wrestler."
"....yes. Yes you are."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think I recall WWE at least had the sense to save and use the recap footage of AJ Styles' debut so he was actually on screen when the pop happened instead of just a pointless close-up on a confused looking Roman Reigns?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Possibly the easiest choice of the thread so far - FTR/Briscoes all the way, baby.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That Iron Man match was loving incredible, regardless of how it played into the ending, I absolutely loved that when the time expired MJF immediately demanded oxygen while Bryan was doing jumping jacks and laughing his rear end off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God that's tough but I gotta give it to ZSJ/Shingo just because that audio quality for Shingo/Mox really did put a damper on what was otherwise a great match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I stand by my painfully tortured metaphor re: The Jerk, Shingo/Tanahashi ruled!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maybe it wasn't the "best" match of all 4, but that 6 man tag to celebrate the life of Mr. Brodie Lee was an incredibly cathartic ending to one of the most beautifully bittersweet episodes of a wrestling show ever made.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God my vote for Hangman/Dark Order just tied it up again :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Impossible, I was told one vote can't make a difference

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Put the Brodie match through too imo

I like the way... Ytirar... thinks! :hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"I do not think this was one of the greatest matches of all time. I award it a perfect score."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

On the one hand, Bucks vs. Lucha Bros was loving awesome. On the other hand...

Rarity posted:

I need my older brother :cry:

:yeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If Umino had beat Ospreay I would have voted for it in a heartbeat. That was one of the most crazy nights I can recall in wrestling, where it was clear we were seeing the birth of a bonafide gigantic superstar if he'd been able to get the pinfall. The match was still fantastic, but given that Ospreay was leaving and everything that happened afterwards with Finlay being the turd in the Ospreay/Moxley punchbowl, and then Nemeth just casually beating Finlay after that, and now Shota being stuck in House of Torture purgatory, I feel like a real opportunity was missed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sorry Omega, PAC and Orange, but it was never gonna be anything other than this:

https://i.imgur.com/CJbKoR0.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ilja and WALTER seeing who they're up against:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmhEXjM7iTw&t=54s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Henare vs. Takagi was great but that Danielson/ZSJ match was loving incredible.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Welp, sorry whoever you are but that's the BOSJ final

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okada vs. Ibushi from WK 14 all the way.

Jerusalem posted:

Just the absolute best possible wrestling from the best possible wrestlers in the world today.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah that was amazing. Finish was just off the chart

Amp posted:

Wrestling perfection. Emotionally draining.

jesus WEP posted:

this might be the best loving match I’ve ever seen, holy loving Christ

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

end sequence was loving horrifying and amazing at the same time, what a tide

Rarity posted:

God walks among us and his name is Kazuchika Okada

Cerebral Bore posted:

I might have been premature when I said Ospreay/Hiromu would be the match of the night. This was an absolute loving classic.

forkboy84 posted:

That was the match this reign of Okada needed

Huntman posted:

Unironically calling this match of the decade because i guarantee this is in my top 5 of the 2020s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kota Ibushi vs. Jay White - January 5, 2021 (NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15, Night 2)

Cerebral Bore posted:

God fought the Devil and it owned.

Jerusalem posted:

A perfect face/heel combo, fantastic match structure, great close-calls and pitch-perfect callbacks to their history. Just an utterly superb match, during the final phase I was on the edge of my seat, it was a masterclass in anticipation/fear. What a match.

Rarity posted:

Ultimate good vs ultimate evil in an epic marathon

Quantum of Phallus posted:

IIII
BUUUU
SHIIII

Dango Bango posted:

holy poo poo these guys are so smooth together.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

They took 1.5 over 1.4 all by themselves.

The Blackpool Combat Club vs. the Elite - May 28, 2023 (AEW Double or Nothing)

Jerusalem posted:

10 minutes of a live band looping Wild Thing while everybody brawled, till the Bucks superkicked the lead singer

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Pure pro wrestling chaos and stupidity. Love it.

Dango Bango posted:

Anarchy in the Arena was loving fun as hell in person.